• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Under-20 Competitions including Oceania & World U20s

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Interesting that the #8 named is captain after being told Titi had been given the honour with Mason as his deputy.

Maybe the initial info was not quite on the money?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Maybe it's a clear sign that this isn't our strongest team and most/all of the squad will get a run across the three games?

D'Lite Full

Bill Watson (15)
You would assume this is pretty close to the preferred team based on the various camps. But playing games under pressure is a different beast.
So obviously there will be lots of changes for the Fiji game to rest some and to give others an opportunity and then the best XXIII for NZ, based on who performs well in the first two games and the game plan needed to beat the Junior Blacks.

Always a few positions in contention in these squads and Argentina will be a good first test to iron out any kinks and establish match condition combinations. Some lads will need to play all 3 games.

Highlights of the Pumas in the last JWC to whet the appetite.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Lol not as hard core as Dan54…I think Stan taking the rugby and adding so much content led to his decision to retire to have more time to watch rugby.

just taking a friendly dig mate.

only so many hours in the day. The shorten highlights help me be it a know it all whilst I can direct my valuable time elsewhere.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Watching u20 fiji u20 match vs nz…we all know Fiji have so much upside from here so with red card painful to see the scoreline. Hopefully as newcomers they do stuff like nz u20 team invite into dressing room etc..after the game…as I think as they grow we need to ensure support as for many of these players playing tonight probably first time outside of Fiji. Fiji bring so much to rugby so need to give the love back.

Edit - spoke too soon me as noted after game kiwis joined Fijians in a circle in song which was nice touch.

Last edited: