• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2021

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
If Rennie has the Wallabies tracking reasonably and gets offered a renewal through to a 2027 RWC in Australia I think it would be unbelievably likely he'd want to keep the job.
Entirely depends on on the next RWC, surely. If he flunks it or wins outright, he'll be out the door i think.

Anywhere in between and you would imagine he'd want to stay on.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Let's not forget the previous HC of the Brumbies who was made Wallaby assistant and anointed as the next Wallaby coach...

But, the difference is that this one has proven himself, or at least has shown fairly consistent results coming up through the Brumbies ranks - I think he's done the work, and not just parachuted in based on his name.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Thorn's not the type of player I meant, I meant more mercurial not toilers like Thorn, McKenzie etc. To answer my own question maybe Ronan O'Gara?

O'Gara was probably more of a classical style player than Larkham.

I think it's mostly experience though. I think Larkham is improving and will probably become an outstanding coach over time.

His issue in Australia is that he became a Super Rugby head coach and Wallabies assistant coach a little too early really.

O'Gara's apprenticeship as an assistant was 6 years vs 3 years for Larkham.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Pat Howard won a couple of titles for the Leicester TIgers.

Fabien Galthie for France?

Gregor Townsend?

Pat Lam?

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Have any game breaking/x factor talents like Larkham actually turned into top shelf coaches?
I get what you mean Dctarget. What X factor players have isn’t coached into them, they just have it, often despite the coach. They just do stuff.....

Gets very hard then for said player to then try and coach what their vision was.

The hard thinkers/ toilers have to nut out a game plan for each game and how the see the season and future development headed. They then let the X factor do what they do within a plan and take it to the next level. Think Link and Quade.....

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
French captain and flanker Charles Ollivon has done his ACL and will be out for 6 months which is a major blow for Les Bleus because he was one of the few starting XV that's not going to be tied up in the finals...

Will be interesting to see who they name as captain with most of their leaders in Dupont, Alldritt and Marchand probably playing in the final. Could be Fickou if he bows out this weekend.

FoleyBealeFolau

Ward Prentice (10)
French captain and flanker Charles Ollivon has done his ACL and will be out for 6 months which is a major blow for Les Bleus because he was one of the few starting XV that's not going to be tied up in the finals.

Will be interesting to see who they name as captain with most of their leaders in Dupont, Alldritt and Marchand probably playing in the final. Could be Fickou if he bows out this weekend.

How many games will the ones playing in the final miss?

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
How many games will the ones playing in the final miss?

None of the GF players will come, doesn't make much sense. Probably not even players from the semi finals. The semis are on 19/06, best case scenario is they're out of quarantine a day or two before the first test match. So maybe a few reinforcements for the mid-week game?

This weekend are the elimination finals with Racing 92 v Stade Français & Bordeaux v Clermont, so the French side that does come will have some serious talent regardless of who plays the semis.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
All Kiwi refs for our French series: Paul Williams, James Doleman, Ben O'Keefe.

Can't get Berry because he's the ref of the first BIL test! bloody huge!