• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023 World Cup Positivity Thread

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
There are a couple of fifty/fifty calls in there. I believe it is time to give an opportunity to IFL and Lolesio, Gordon and Foley didn’t make the most of their opportunities on the Northern tour. Maybe swap Donaldson in and Beale out.
Not 100% confident in our fullback depth, Kellaway may be our best option.
Big season for the fullbacks... With I'm hoping Marky and Koro on the wings, that leaves it up to Kellaway, Peteia, Campbell, and Wright.

With Hodge way back

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
BAM

1670453206577.png

Raytah

Allen Oxlade (6)
Work has quietened down for the year, so I've put a team of bolters together that I reckon have the potential to come on enough in the next 12 months be in the picture for the world cup - what do you think - any of these blokes a chance?:

1 Kailea / Vella
2 Mafi / Pollard
3 Kautai / Amone
4 Hooper
5. Hosea / Uru
6. Kemeny
7. Gamble
8 Nofoagatatoa / Talataina
9. Lonergan
10. Pasitoa / Lynagh
11. Vunivalu
12 Faui-Sautia / Henry
13 Flook
14. Pulu / Ripley
15. Mogg

Clubhouse coach

Sydney Middleton (9)
Good list Raytah, Pollard, Hosea,Uru,Hooper, Gamble and Lonergan, depending on staying fit and getting a huge amount of game time are a bit better than Bolter status.
A group of talented young footballers.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Work has quietened down for the year, so I've put a team of bolters together that I reckon have the potential to come on enough in the next 12 months be in the picture for the world cup - what do you think - any of these blokes a chance?:

1 Kailea / Vella
2 Mafi / Pollard
3 Kautai / Amone
4 Hooper
5. Hosea / Uru
6. Kemeny
7. Gamble
9. Lonergan
10. Pasitoa / Lynagh
11. Vunivalu
12 Faui-Sautia / Henry
13 Flook
14. Pulu / Ripley
15. Mogg
Great list of roughies ...Young Tom Hooper is my long shot for 6 for Wallabies

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Boom Big Dog going to win a world cup medal too

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221208-205746.png
    Screenshot_20221208-205746.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 130

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)

1 Kailea / Vella
2 Mafi / Pollard
3 Kautai / Amone
4 Hooper
5. Hosea / Uru
6. Kemeny
7. Gamble
9. Lonergan
10. Pasitoa / Lynagh
11. Vunivalu
12 Faui-Sautia / Henry
13 Flook
14. Pulu / Ripley
15. Mogg
Moggy?. I don't think so. Too many Brumbies ;)

OTOH, I think Vunivalu has missed the train and CFS would be a long shot. Pulu over the hill.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Of that team I'd say Pollard, Hooper, Hosea, Gamble, Lonergan, Henry are the only legit chances. Vunivalu may be force fed into the initial wider training squads purely from his RA top up. Well done putting a full team together though.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

1 Kailea / Vella
2 Mafi / Pollard
3 Kautai / Amone
4 Hooper
5. Hosea / Uru
6. Kemeny
7. Gamble
9. Lonergan
10. Pasitoa / Lynagh
11. Vunivalu
12 Faui-Sautia / Henry
13 Flook
14. Pulu / Ripley
15. Mogg
If Joey Walton gets some game time ..................... we could have another bolter for 12

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I think Hooper and Gamble if fit/eligible are likely to have already been in the squad (they would def have been in Aus A if not), so they are definitly a good chance.

Vunivalu, and Mogg already have caps but I don't see it happening. Especially Mogg (if you thought Campball was too small or too weak for test footy, well Mogg makes Campbell look strong).

Pollard and Longeran are already fringe players and both play in position with a lack of depth of in-form players. So maybe, but it will take a great season and equally a poor season by their competition. For example if Gordon and Longeran have equally good seasons I doubt they would take Longeran.

Would love to see Hosea in the team but we got so many decent locks competing for few spots now.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Our Super Rugby teams can't be that bad as we watch all the South African teams steam roll the finest of the Northern Hemisphere.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
That's a very low bar
It's a positive, though I think current Rugby Au team is the best in a long time..

We have built depth across our Wallabies... Little bit of luck and we will go well in France 2023.

We ride into the world cup running the two top teams by 1 point at home and beat the Welsh from our pool.

World Cup Dark horses

ruggy

Herbert Moran (7)
It's a positive, though I think current Rugby Au team is the best in a long time..

We have built depth across our Wallabies... Little bit of luck and we will go well in France 2023.

We ride into the world cup running the two top teams by 1 point at home and beat the Welsh from our pool.

World Cup Dark horses
Strongly agree brother! I’m putting a video together on the wallabies being a massive Smokey for the World Cup.. hope I don’t put the mocker on us