• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023 World Cup Positivity Thread

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Was interested hearing Will Genia saying on tv last night Samu Kerevi had told him he preferred playing under Rennie's style of rugby than Jones', enjoyed the idea of attck.
Not sure Will should of really repeated it, but interesting comment anyway.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Was interested hearing Will Genia saying on tv last night Samu Kerevi had told him he preferred playing under Rennie's style of rugby than Jones', enjoyed the idea of attck.

Despite it not coming from Samu's mouth, I'll assume the statement to be at least mostly true as I know Genia and Samu are close.

Not sure that opinion should be taken as overly valid, Samu has played 1.5 games under Jones. Not exactly a huge sample size.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I don't think it meant as a cricism of Jones or anything, just on what he prefers playing as a style etc. Rennie is a more a play what's there, and Eddie likes structures? Actually Genia didn't sound like he was a huge supporter of White at 9, got impression he prefers letting Quade be the playmaker.
Wasn't anything controversial or anything, jsu his view.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
So good seeing all the Wallabies big names out at local clubs in Melbourne few days out from the Bledisloe compared to their isolated approach last year.

Not just the fringe squaddies either, Valetini was out doing training drills on a freezing tuesday night. Legends.
Living in Canberra with a young fella playing school boy rugby, this has been a huge criticism I have had of the Brumbies. I can count on one hand the number of times any of the Brumbies have been seen at club or school trainings. He had as much opportunity to meet and get up and close with Blues and Chiefs players as he has Brumbies.

A few years ago, he had the opportunity to meet Henry Speight which was pretty cool. A few months later, Speight was at his school for the end-of-year awards and as my son went to get a photo with him after the assembly, Henry called him by name and said, 'Hi....'

Cannot tell you how much of a high that put him on and 'fanned the rugby fire' so to speak.

Good to see the Wallabies making that effort.

Joe King

Dave Cowper (27)
I don't think it meant as a cricism of Jones or anything, just on what he prefers playing as a style etc. Rennie is a more a play what's there, and Eddie likes structures? Actually Genia didn't sound like he was a huge supporter of White at 9, got impression he prefers letting Quade be the playmaker.
Wasn't anything controversial or anything, jsu his view.

I’ll just plant these seeds here without anybody noticing

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I’ll just plant these seeds here without anybody noticing
Not sure what you talking about, I genuinely didn't think it controversial, or a go at Jones, you should have a listen. Hells teeth if that comment is a seed, you looking fairly hard.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Anyone noticed how over the place the kick off times are in pool games? The AB games work well for us in NZ as do most of Wallaby games, can watch live over breakfast, but some of them are at 12-1am etc. Not sure how timezones are in France, just struck me as strange.

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Anyone noticed how over the place the kick off times are in pool games? The AB games work well for us in NZ as do most of Wallaby games, can watch live over breakfast, but some of them are at 12-1am etc. Not sure how timezones are in France, just struck me as strange.
There's a lot of 9pm local kick offs. France love a late night kick off.