• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023 World Cup Positivity Thread

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
In 2003 the Eddie Jones coached Wallabies lost to the All Blacks 21-50 then turned it around to beat them in RWC semi. Maybe Eddie’s playing the long game

1688857731275.gif

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Dear Site Admin,

Some assistance required in placing the entire GAGR Members List on my "Ignore List".

Including myself.

Thank you for your immediate assistance with this matter.

ps, never mind, I found the function:

BowedBlandAngelwingmussel-size_restricted.gif

--DP.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The only motion passed was the Carlos shitting the bed.

Funny thing about it is that he threw a remarkably similar pass in a Super Rugby match earlier in the season that almost got picked off a la Mortlock. A mate who's also mates with Carlos's older brother said something like "don't be doing that shit at the Cup, could cost us a game". Another mate observed that in the same situation he'd still throw the pass & back himself to not have it intercepted. So when that happened none of us were really that surprised.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
If throwing his RWC pass to the Evil Wizard Mortlock also meant losing out on him throwing the similar pass behind his own goal posts against the Cantabs, then it was absolutely worth it. Would've got smashed by England anyway so might as well record an all time great try against the Evil Empire.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
If throwing his RWC pass to the Evil Wizard Mortlock also meant losing out on him throwing the similar pass behind his own goal posts against the Cantabs, then it was absolutely worth it. Would've got smashed by England anyway so might as well record an all time great try against the Evil Empire.
If he didn't throe the intercept to Mortlock you wouldn't have been smashed by England, you still would've been in the 3rd place playoff. The only difference is you would've lost the semi by 5 points instead of 12.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Gee, two of my least-favourite tries of all time referenced on the same page in the same G&GR thread... garn @zer0, roll tape! I double dares ya!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I noticed that Jonker launched a forensic on that one trying to find evidence of an angle above the horizontal. Just an all round proper good tackle.