• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
For anyone wanting to get in there and stop the injuries...
Screenshot_20220908-185414.png

Job link https://australia.rugby/about/about-us/jobs/wallabies-head-of-athletic-performance

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
We do lose more than we win against the top 10 (based on the last three coaches only just having a winning record (McKenzie and Cheika) or a losing record (Rennie) and some of those games involve teams outside the top 10.

Our schedule is skewed towards top 5 sides though with multiple games a year against New Zealand and South Africa (we have a good record against South Africa).

Losing slightly more than you win against top 10 sides with more of those games against top 5 sides puts you firmly in the middle of the top 10 though. A ranking or 5th or 6th is pretty accurate in my view.
Nah.

I'll double down and say we are (in reality) 10th.

I'll concede 9th, but reckon we would lose to Japan and Samoa in a 3 test series at the moment.

Our position wasn't reflected when I originally posted because the games hadn't happened yet.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Nah.

I'll double down and say we are (in reality) 10th.

I'll concede 9th, but reckon we would lose to Japan and Samoa in a 3 test series at the moment.

Our position wasn't reflected when I originally posted because the games hadn't happened yet.
Get us out of the Rugby Championship and into the Pacific Nations Cup?

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Come on we aren't that bad, we beat England with a man down in test 1 and marginally lost the series.
We are 1-1 to a very good Argentina, and we are 1-1 to the world champions, I think they would have beat anyone last match.

I think we would win 3-0, or if you're really negative 2-1 to Japan, and 3-0 to Samoa.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
I think we’d lose a three test series on neutral ground to SA,NZ, Ireland, France, probably England. Toss up wales and Argentina. We are better than Scotland and Italy and Fiji and Samoa and Japan.
I think true standing is 6-8 with scope to be 5th as I think we could beat England. But no chance we are competitive over three against the top 4

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I think we’d lose a three test series on neutral ground to SA,NZ, Ireland, France, probably England. Toss up wales and Argentina. We are better than Scotland and Italy and Fiji and Samoa and Japan.
I think true standing is 6-8 with scope to be 5th as I think we could beat England. But no chance we are competitive over three against the top 4
Better than Scotland? Dunno mate.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)

We'd lose a home ground series to SA,NZ, Ireland, France, and England (cos we did lose to England).

I agree it would be a toss up between Argentina and Wales.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
I like our depth in the loose fwd when someone like Harry Wilson cant even get a sniff but Nelson could genuinely be the answer at 6 incredibly damaging in space, brutal in defence & was a superstar school boy as a loose or lock so could be a line out option at his height. Ironicly he is exactly what the ab's could do with atm.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
I like our depth in the loose fwd when someone like Harry Wilson cant even get a sniff but Nelson could genuinely be the answer at 6 incredibly damaging in space, brutal in defence & was a superstar school boy as a loose or lock so could be a line out option at his height. Ironicly he is exactly what the ab's could do with atm.
He is the only Leaguie I'd be chasing - genuine point of difference.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I like Hooper from the Brumbies as 6 for the future. Was great against the NZ teams in super rugby, very good into contact.

What ever happened to Trevor Hosea from the Rebels for a lock option? Lots of hype around him last year.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
I like Hooper from the Brumbies as 6 for the future. Was great against the NZ teams in super rugby, very good into contact.

What ever happened to Trevor Hosea from the Rebels for a lock option? Lots of hype around him last year.

Got injured the week before the start of the season this year & currently back in a moon boot. Will miss the rebels v dewar shield & brumbies prac game in albury & the japan tour.