• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

Marce

John Thornett (49)
I wouldn't be surprised if one of the things that kept Jorgensen in the game was the prospect of playing in a backline with Sua'ali'i at the Tahs and/or Wallabies
2 years before the RWC at home soil. A one in a generation event. There will be a lot of money available but RA has to be smart. A disaster like the post 2003 RWC can't be repeated

Marce

John Thornett (49)
Does one of them have a girlfriend based here? Why on earth would they come here
To play AFL after that or maybe to play at Storm with his brother...
jordie-barrett-developing-skillset-with-the-melbourne-storm-v0-6NzTN9inJQDshZvMFfVtDV4KW69N2r0...jpg

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Right.. so the crowds are officially listed; your issue is a 3rd party website has them listed as TBA?
Third party websites are where people go to get this information as it’s all meant to be listed in the one place. Also a crowd of 13k is hardly something to hang your hat on

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Third party websites are where people go to get this information as it’s all meant to be listed in the one place. Also a crowd of 13k is hardly something to hang your hat on
I never said it was something to hang my hat on.
So you’re angry the 3rd party didn’t update the crowd?

you know you can update them yourself, it’s a community sourced website. I’ve submitted the Reds v Drua crowd that you’re angry up about, now if you can point me in the direction of the Rebels official crowds for their home games I can update those as well.

Last edited:

Realrugby63

Stan Wickham (3)
I heard today that the existing players are not at all happy about the 1.6 million deal. I wouldn’t be surprised if we lost a lot to overseas. They can make much more money overseas than the pay cuts they have had during covid and just generally ridiculously lower pay. Just stating facts, don’t come for me.

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
Strongest Available Wallabies 33 Man Squad for RWC 23: (Hopefully Giteau law is scrapped for WC year or at least up to 6-8 picks)

Props (6) - James Slipper, Angus Bell, Scott Sio, Allan Ala'alatoa, Taniela Topou, Pone faamausili

Hookers (3) - Brandon Paenga Amosa, Dave Porecki, Lachlan Lonergan

Second Row (4) - Will Skelton, Izack Rodda, Nick Frost, Matt Phillip

Backrowers (5) - Jed Holloway, Rob Leota, Michael Hooper, Rob Valentini, Pete Samu

Halfbacks (3) - Nic White, Tate McDermott, Ryan Lonergan

Flyhalf (3) - Quade Cooper, Bernard Foley, Noah Lolesio/Carter Gordon

Centre (3) - Samu Kerevi, Len Ikitau, Laloki Foketi

Outside Backs (6) - Marika Koribete, Tom Wright, Jordon Petaia, Reece Hodge, Andrew Kellaway, Mark Nawanqitawase

Strongest 23

1/ Slipper
2/ BPA
3/ Alaaloatoa
4/ Rodda
5/ Frost
6/ Leota
7/ Hooper
8/ Valentini
9/ White
10/ Cooper
11/ Koribete
12/ Kerevi
13/ Ikitau
14/ kellaway/Nawanqitawase
15/ Wright

16/ Porecki
17/ Bell
18/ Topou
19/ Skelton
20/ Samu
21/ McDermott
22/ Foley
23/ Petaia

Last edited:

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Strongest Available Wallabies 33 Man Squad for RWC 23:

Props (6) - James Slipper, Angus Bell, Scott Sio, Allan Ala'alatoa, Taniela Topou, Pone faamausili

Hookers (3) - Brandon Paenga Amosa, Dave Porecki, Lachlan Lonergan

Second Row (4) - Will Skelton, Izack Rodda, Nick Frost, Matt Phillip

Backrowers (5) - Jed Holloway, Rob Leota, Michael Hooper, Rob Valentini, Pete Samu

Halfbacks (3) - Nic White, Tate McDermott, Ryan Lonergan

Flyhalf (3) - Quade Cooper, Bernard Foley, Noah Lolesio

Centre (3) - Samu Kerevi, Len Ikitau, Laloki Foketi

Outside Backs (6) - Marika Koribete, Tom Wright, Jordon Petaia, Reece Hodge, Andrew Kellaway, Mark Nawanqitawase
Carter Gordon over Lolesio

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I heard today that the existing players are not at all happy about the 1.6 million deal. I wouldn’t be surprised if we lost a lot to overseas. They can make much more money overseas than the pay cuts they have had during covid and just generally ridiculously lower pay. Just stating facts, don’t come for me.

Wow, all of the existing players?!

That's a lot of people who unilaterally shared their opinion... was it a group Zoom meeting?

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I think taking two of Cooper and JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) is unnecessary. I'd go with whomever is in form of the two come RWC time (right now JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) is the front runner) together with both Carter Gordon and Noah Lolesio. Gordon just has to be there. He has the most promise of any No 10 in this country since Larkham, and his form in Super Rugby justifies his selection nonetheless. Noah isn't really a newbie any more and while not as prodigiously talented as Carter, he has the form to be a cool head in a crisis type player if the senior one goes down with injury.

It is now up to Quade to re-establish his credentials to overtake JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) for the senior No 10 spot. If he does so, there is a fair chance JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) will still make the squad as a utility player. He is a better rugby player than he is a No 10 imo.
JOC (James O'Connor) is not a test quality 10. He has shown glimpses at Super Rugby level and has gone well in a number of positions at test level but 10 is not one of them. I would have Tom Lynagh starting ahead of him every day of the week at the Reds.
I am a fan and have watched JOC (James O'Connor) throughout his career But he is not ‘the guy’.
QC (Quade Cooper) will be picked if fit and I would guess that the other two spots will go to Bernard Foley and one of Lolesio, Carter Gordon or Ben Donaldson.
They may just have Hodge as a third option? If OS spots are tight then Hodge definitely becomes the 3rd 10.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) is not a test quality 10. He has shown glimpses at Super Rugby level and has gone well in a number of positions at test level but 10 is not one of them. I would have Tom Lynagh starting ahead of him every day of the week at the Reds.
I am a fan and have watched JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) throughout his career But he is not ‘the guy’.
QC (Quade Cooper) (Quade Cooper) will be picked if fit and I would guess that the other two spots will go to Bernard Foley and one of Lolesio, Carter Gordon or Ben Donaldson.
They may just have Hodge as a third option? If OS spots are tight then Hodge definitely becomes the 3rd 10.
Ben Donaldson hasn't fired a shot so far a 10, he hasn't looked like getting his backs functioning, isn't breaking tackles himself and his kicking from hand has been below par

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)

Sua'ali'i joining rugby and our competition losing a lot of players to overseas probably aren’t mutually exclusive, there will be a few who leave after the 2023 RWC regardless.

At the Tahs alone I would expect a few senior guys like Hooper, Gordon maybe Perese head overseas. And probably one of Donaldson or Edmed depending who gets featured at the RWC.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Sua'ali'i joining rugby and our competition losing a lot of players to overseas probably aren’t mutually exclusive, there will be a few who leave after the 2023 RWC regardless.

At the Tahs alone I would expect a few senior guys like Hooper, Gordon maybe Perese head overseas. And probably one of Donaldson or Edmed depending who gets featured at the RWC.
On the current trajectory it's likely to be none of the above getting featured in France. Gordon and Lolesio would surely be ahead of both of them and us Tahs tragics are hanging out hope on Will Harrison.