• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
We are still on the front page
HvDtCB4.md.jpg

Rugby boomerang lol
Thing he fails to mention is that he hasn't exactly cracked the All Blacks and is arguably only just making the starting side for the Blues.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
The day after he said he’s going to stop giving rugby oxygen :p

I don’t think I’ve ever heard any other sport ever refer to themselves as the greatest game of all. Not only does league do it, but constantly. Has to be the most insecure sport of all time.

I am certain that V'landys refers to himself in the 3rd person.

rodha

Dave Cowper (27)
HvDtCB4.md.jpg

Rugby boomerang lol
Perhaps it says something about the comparative simplicity of league as a sport and the limited skillset of it's players that one of the "world's most brilliant footballers" is quite possibly the 15th best centre option across the NZ Super Rugby sides at present?

Off the top of my head: Barrett, Proctor, Sullivan, PUJ, TUJ, McLeod, Goodhue, ALB, Havili, Ioane, Poihipi, Nankevill, Tupaea, Heem, are better midfielders.

Last edited:

Marce

John Thornett (49)
Perhaps it says something about the comparative simplicity of league as a sport and the limited skillset of it's players that one of the "world's most brilliant footballers" is quite possibly the 15th best centre option across the NZ Super Rugby sides at present?

Off the top of my head: Barrett, Proctor, Sullivan, PUJ, TUJ, McLeod, Goodhue, ALB, Havili, Ioane, Poihipi, Nankevill, Tupaea, Heem, are better midfielders.
TBH he only played the game for a year, not many WBs would make the ABs starting XV

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Got no problem with this. They always go with alternate jerseys and if it’s to help some people, so be it.

I hope they do something with it though and not just trot out a blank jersey. Get the indigenous design on it even subtly to break it up.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
The WBs are gonna wear a white away jersey in the next RWC:
H89l8ox.md.jpg

"The Wallabies have designed the white jersey to be another iteration of the First Nations jersey, however, with green patterns on the shoulders and on the midriff".
Pretty silly to make such drastic changes for so few people. I wonder if a broadcast filter could be used instead? So on tv the gold of the Wallabies could be a different colour? Also, I Didn’t realise the striped jersey you were on about a few pages back was for a jersey clash with Romania at a rwc.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Got no problem with this. They always go with alternate jerseys and if it’s to help some people, so be it.

I hope they do something with it though and not just trot out a blank jersey. Get the indigenous design on it even subtly to break it up.
Whilst I'm fundamentally ok with it, I can also see the issue with teams like the All Blacks and Springbok never being able to wear their traditional jerseys in a game together. Some colour blind filter for broadcast does have some merit, though it doesn't solve the issue for those watching the game live. Potentially some form of AR glasses might be the future in this space, but in the hear and now, it's an issue.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Whilst I'm fundamentally ok with it, I can also see the issue with teams like the All Blacks and Springbok never being able to wear their traditional jerseys in a game together. Some colour blind filter for broadcast does have some merit, though it doesn't solve the issue for those watching the game live. Potentially some form of AR glasses might be the future in this space, but in the hear and now, it's an issue.
Completely agree with that and I also think most people interested in Rugby who may have colour blindness would be able to tell the All Blacks and Springboks apart during the match if you know how to follow a game.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Let's get to the important stuff!

Why are all Super Rugby teams, bar the Brumbies, fading in the second half? My take is they ain't fit enough and it has nothing to do with their mental state. That is just a bs excuse for not being fit enough to play for 60mins and a few of them for 80.

This has been going on for too long to ignore and all the Kiwi teams know that all they have to do to beat an Aussie team is to hang in there.

This is a massive issue and needs to be addressed immediately. The players all claim it ain't a lack of fitness yet they stop contesting the breakdown and start holding back in the D after half time. A couple of teams ie Rebels have the skill set but can't last.

We can't win a RWC with a team that contains players who can't play a full game or even the part of it they are needed for.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
The WBs are gonna wear a white away jersey in the next RWC:
H89l8ox.md.jpg

"The Wallabies have designed the white jersey to be another iteration of the First Nations jersey, however, with green patterns on the shoulders and on the midriff".
Forgetting the flag waving and increasing the effort might be a better thing to do.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Let's get to the important stuff!

Why are all Super Rugby teams, bar the Brumbies, fading in the second half? My take is they ain't fit enough and it has nothing to do with their mental state. That is just a bs excuse for not being fit enough to play for 60mins and a few of them for 80.

This has been going on for too long to ignore and all the Kiwi teams know that all they have to do to beat an Aussie team is to hang in there.

This is a massive issue and needs to be addressed immediately. The players all claim it ain't a lack of fitness yet they stop contesting the breakdown and start holding back in the D after half time. A couple of teams ie Rebels have the skill set but can't last.

We can't win a RWC with a team that contains players who can't play a full game or even the part of it they are needed for.
I’m of the opinion that the term finishers gives players and coaches the idea that certain players are not required to play a full game.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Completely agree with that and I also think most people interested in Rugby who may have colour blindness would be able to tell the All Blacks and Springboks apart during the match if you know how to follow a game.
Is alternating shorts another option also.
i know it’s not as easy as a jersey to identify, but contrasting shorts might be a way to somewhat assist when there are clashes if teams are reluctant ditch their traditional colours

Marce

John Thornett (49)
There is no depth. Barely the full strength starting XVs can compete against the Kiwis, then at the second half the substitutes are not good enough.

Plenty of good Super Rugby players playing overseas is one of the reasons

Look at the Tahs playing at Eden Park with important players resting against a full strenght Blues starting XV. It will be a slaughter