• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
They have been good. Whilst a lot of the NRL talking heads are starting to stick the boot in. He's 19 years old and some of the garbage coming out on him is shit. He could be playing Colts Rugby which is laughable when you think about it.

If Rugby pushed they could be a chance. Roosters have signed Dom Young from the Knights and re signed Daniel Tupou. Short on Centres but they can always recruit them. I think he will see out his contract there and keep a good relationship with them. He has a long career ahead of him.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
I am note sure a 90 point loss in the last game of the season gave him much bargaining power
RR, Phil Mooney rebuilt the team and then McKenzie took them to a title in 20111. I read at the time that Eddie had planned his move to SA before the end of the season and the question needs to be asked is he doing that now?

i agree with another poster, I couldn't give a rat's what he does if we win the RWC. I will overlook this year's Bledisloe and starting to wonder if RA shouldn't be taking precautionary discussions with McKenzie to take over if he goes....

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'm not sure how many more times this needs to be said but, by all reports, there is absolutely 0 chance McKenzie is coming back to rugby
So you know him do you? Or are you just picking up crap from all reports? If not him then choose a name that suits your amazing internal knowledge. What people state and what they do are two entirely different things...

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
So you know him do you? Or are you just picking up crap from all reports? If not him then choose a name that suits your amazing internal knowledge. What people state and what they do are two entirely different things...
Struth mate, settle down. I don't know him personally, that's why I said "by all reports", which includes some from outside the media.

It's been 8yrs since his Wallabies tenure ended, and he no doubt would have been approached for numerous opportunities over that period. Again, by all reports, he is very content working as a town planner and being out of the public eye, and has no intention of coaching at a high level - and who can blame him?

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
I would not argue that, no. If he leaves after the World Cup it would be pretty shambolic, unless he wins it in which case he can do what he likes.
He won't leave, his ego will want to add winning a Lions series to the CV. So win or lose his around another 2 years.

Not that I like the Roosters, but I like how their coach, and club CEO have at least stood up for Sua'alii - not bagging him etc, and wanting him to complete the contract.

Which is quite possibly a money thing more than player welfare, but there's still some player welfare there.
Only saying that till a player they want comes onto the market and they'll try and cut free so don't rule out him being in rugby next year

Not that I like the Roosters, but I like how their coach, and club CEO have at least stood up for Sua'alii - not bagging him etc, and wanting him to complete the contract.

Which is quite possibly a money thing more than player welfare, but there's still some player welfare there.
Sualli is going backwards at the roosters. Hopefully his manager can get him to Rugby next year

Doritos Day

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Really bad weekend for the Australian teams (Force yet to play) and their Wobs contenders.

Brumbies v Rebels was a dog's breakfast.
Reds destroyed
Tahs struggling against the worst team in the comp.

Not what you want to see at the pointy end. Not good if the SFs are 4 Kiwi teams.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Really bad weekend for the Australian teams (Force yet to play) and their Wobs contenders.

Brumbies v Rebels was a dog's breakfast.
Reds destroyed
Tahs struggling against the worst team in the comp.

Not what you want to see at the pointy end. Not good if the SFs are 4 Kiwi teams.
I wonder what Eddie will make of this. Could change the make up of the squad for the first game v Springboks as guys who go missing like the Tahs D did, may not be what Eddie wants to see at any time, regardless of whether it affects their qtr finals or not.
If they don't show backbone in those games they may be suspect under pressure.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
This is the current form world XV for some rugby diehard supporters:
H4BhBdx.md.jpg

3 eligible Wallabies there, only one is a sure call

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
de Groot has been poor, Libbok cost the Stormers the title. Narawa makes it over Stevenson? Couldn't have Kerr-Barlow over Roigard. Pretty shitty list.

Last edited:

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
These choices are peak "post shit takes on social media to drive interactions"

They've got nothing on Stephen Jones...

From criticising an event that had yet to be held...

... to his team of the last forty years:

Fxty9z8XwAEZnF-

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
They've got nothing on Stephen Jones...

From criticising an event that had yet to be held...

... to his team of the last forty years:

Fxty9z8XwAEZnF-

There's a lot of wtf in that team, but wasn't Guscott an inside centre and Bunce an outside centre?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Eddie Jones says he will see out his contract and coach the Wallabies until 2027 after suggesting on a podcast last week he would walk away after this year’s Rugby World Cup.