• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Fuck chasing league wingers. That future fund should be going directly into grass roots and nowhere else.

I mean we know they won't stop chasing league outside backs.

If they didn't go after them, we would have missed out on Korobiete, Folau, Tuquiri and then to a lesser extent Sailor, Rogers, Walker, Rona and plenty of others I have missed. The runs are on the board for that recruiting tactic, I can't see them turning it off now.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
Fuck chasing league wingers. That future fund should be going directly into grass roots and nowhere else.
And to retain Mungoes who get a scorlarship in Rah-Rah and stand it out, lol

I didn't know that Leaguies call Rugby Union supporters as Rah-Rah, I never heard it

Marce

John Thornett (49)
I mean we know they won't stop chasing league outside backs.

If they didn't go after them, we would have missed out on Korobiete, Folau, Tuquiri and then to a lesser extent Sailor, Rogers, Walker, Rona and plenty of others I have missed. The runs are on the board for that recruiting tactic, I can't see them turning it off now.
And it's the reality. I mean, the CEOs, the leaders of our game told everybody that they are interested in sign some League players for the future.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
And to retain Mungoes who get a scorlarship in Rah-Rah and stand it out, lol

I didn't know that Leaguies call Rugby Union supporters as Rah-Rah, I never heard it
It's an Aussie thing, the supposed class thing in the sports. I first heard it when I moved to Brisbane, and figured it was because the Legies couldn't spell rugby ;)

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Alright with that news here's my best 23 based on what I've seen this year and incumbency:

1. Bell
2. Fainga'a
3. Tupou
4. Philip
5. Rodda
6. Leota
7. Hooper
8. Valetini
9. White
10. Cooper
11. Koroibete
12. Kerevi
13. Ikitau
14. Kellaway
15. Banks
16. Slipper
17. AAA
18. Porecki
19. Holloway
20. Samu
21. McDermott
22. JOC (James O'Connor)
23. Perese

Guys who will get some time at some point this test season:
Swain
McReight
Sio
Kaitu'u
Frost
Wright (Tom)
Wilson
Paisami
Hodge
Gordon
Petaia
Lolesio

Probably forgetting a few but I think that's just about the best 23 and will be pretty close to what Rennie goes with. The rest of those blokes are all viable options and will inevitably get game time this year.

An interesting squad pick will be whoever takes Swintons place if he isn't fit.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Alright with that news here's my best 23 based on what I've seen this year and incumbency:

1. Bell
2. Fainga'a
3. Tupou
4. Philip
5. Rodda
6. Leota
7. Hooper
8. Valetini
9. White
10. Cooper
11. Koroibete
12. Kerevi
13. Ikitau
14. Kellaway
15. Banks
16. Slipper
17. AAA
18. Porecki
19. Holloway
20. Samu
21. McDermott
22. JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor)
23. Perese

Swain
McReight
Sio
Kaitu'u
Frost
Wright (Tom)
Wilson
Paisami
Hodge
Gordon
Petaia
Lolesio

Probably forgetting a few but I think that's just about the best 23 and will be pretty close to what Rennie goes with. The rest of those blokes are all viable options and will inevitably get game time this year.

Pretty bang on I think, if injuries permit. Wouldn't be surprised to see Swain in starting XV, Petaia on bench instead of Perese and Wilson bench instead of Samu. But much of a muchness.

Maybe AAA starts with Tupou coming back from injury.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)

1. Bell
2. Fainga'a
3. Tupou
4. Philip
5. Rodda
6. Leota
7. Hooper
8. Valetini
9. White
10. Cooper
11. Koroibete
12. Kerevi
13. Ikitau
14. Kellaway
15. Banks
16. Slipper
17. AAA
18. Porecki
19. Holloway
20. Samu
21. McDermott
22. JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor)
23. Perese

Swain
McReight
Sio
Kaitu'u
Frost
Wright (Tom)
Wilson
Paisami
Hodge
Gordon
Petaia
Lolesio

Pretty close for me,

I think Beale & Pone will get in there at some point somewhere, latter prob more Aus A series then maybe the RC. Watch Banks get dropped like a hot potato after a back game & if he is off to Japan

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Pretty close for me,

I think Beale & Pone will get in there at some point somewhere, latter prob more Aus A series then maybe the RC. Watch Banks get dropped like a hot potato after a back game & if he is off to Japan
You mean watch them all get dropped once we get hammered by the All Blacks at Eden Park like every year, usually, we lose either the halfback or 5/8 and one or both the fullbacks/wings and a frontrow swap / 2nd rower replaced. Its like clockwork every year..

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Pretty close for me,

I think he’s picking a team for the England series, so Beale won’t be there. I doubt Pone will be either unless there are some injuries. Not a criticism, just an observation. Agree re Banks, he’s marginal anyway so if he signs in Japan they will definitely look elsewhere.

Edit: I note Derp’s wider selections below his 23, so as you were.

Last edited:

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Beale, whilst still injured, will be hanging around as cover for Racing 92 as they go deep in the Top 14 finals. Quade tho, is already on holidays in LA.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Pretty close for me,

I sorta hope we don't need Beale or Pone...

Marce

John Thornett (49)
You mean watch them all get dropped once we get hammered by the All Blacks at Eden Park like every year, usually, we lose either the halfback or 5/8 and one or both the fullbacks/wings and a frontrow swap / 2nd rower replaced. Its like clockwork every year..
This year the competition starts in Argentina, then continues in South Africa so Eden Park is the last round, the road to hell

Marce

John Thornett (49)
I sorta hope we don't need Beale or Pone...
He's talking about Classic Wallabies and I agree. Kurtley Beale is my choice at 15.
87335fba-ce2d-495d-bff4-1a8a255c5f7f.jpg

Classic-Wallabies.jpg

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
I think he’s picking a team for the England series, so Beale won’t be there. I doubt Pone will be either unless there are some injuries. Not a criticism, just an observation. Agree re Banks, he’s marginal anyway so if he signs in Japan they will definitely look elsewhere.

Edit: I note Derp’s wider selections below his 23, so as you were.
Not sure if Banks is as marginal as being suggested. He has been in sublime form during Super Rugby (especially during the early stages of the competition) and the competitors are Petaia and Hodge.

Petaia is too green to start important matches at this stage and Hodge is Hodge.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Not sure if Banks is as marginal as being suggested. He has been in sublime form during Super Rugby (especially during the early stages of the competition) and the competitors are Petaia and Hodge.

Petaia is too green to start important matches at this stage and Hodge is Hodge.
Probably an unpopular opinion but Hodge has looked better against Kiwis and I wouldn't be spitting my dummy if he got in ahead of Banks.

Dont think it'll happen, though.