• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
It seems HMAC and the Board didn't consult the players about the coaching situation:

In a weird way I admire them for being so up front on the reasons and the decisiveness. I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing yet, but it certainly leaves no doubt as to who is in charge of the game and that's actually fair enough.

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
In the circumstances, I've no idea why you'd consult the players. We know Rennie is a good bloke and probably liked by most or all of the players. He's also keeping them in 500k (or whatever) per year jobs. No shit they would have wanted him to be retained.

Problem is, they aren't getting results, and it's a lot easier to get a new coach than 30 new players.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
In the circumstances, I've no idea why you'd consult the players. We know Rennie is a good bloke and probably liked by most or all of the players. He's also keeping them in 500k (or whatever) per year jobs. No shit they would have wanted him to be retained.

Problem is, they aren't getting results, and it's a lot easier to get a new coach than 30 new players.
Yep, but generally you only consult the senior players anyway, and generally they the ones who are pretty safe. But regardless I not saying they should or shouldn't consult them.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
So who are the players (ignoring new OS players) Eddie will keep and who do you think he will push off to the side?
The obvious keepers are: Koro. Kerevi, White, Ikitau, Kellaway, Hooper, Bell, Bobbie V, Tupou, Skelton, Arnold.
Not sure about Cooper unless he is very fit. I assume he would want Foketi but not sure about him either. I think he will want Swinton as he loves a bit of mongrel.
Who else?

rodha

Dave Cowper (27)
So who are the players (ignoring new OS players) Eddie will keep and who do you think he will push off to the side?
The obvious keepers are: Koro. Kerevi, White, Ikitau, Kellaway, Hooper, Bell, Bobbie V, Tupou, Skelton, Arnold.
Not sure about Cooper unless he is very fit. I assume he would want Foketi but not sure about him either. I think he will want Swinton as he loves a bit of mongrel.
Who else?
Lolesio. Eddie won't tolerate 10's who can't manage a game. Eddie he has a history of wanting proper game managers, players with a lot of game understanding and intelligence at 10. Edmed ticks all the boxes that Lolesio doesn't.

Last edited:

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Also not sure Kellaway is a shoe in anymore.

Slipper & Ala'alatoa will be in the squad at least.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
What would be everyone’s starting XV?
Think the forwards are a bit of a chook raffle at the moment. The backs pretty solid outside of a fullback
9 White
10 Cooper
11 Koroibete
12 Kerevi
13 Ikitau
14 Nawaqanitawase

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I think kellaway is in but at 15 or 23
Quite likely - but not sure he’s a definite anymore. Koroibete is a definite. Any of Nawaqanitwase, Wright, Petaia, Campbell, Kellaway, Banks & Hodge could push him out.

But I’d class Kellaway as a probable at present.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
What would be everyone’s starting XV?
Think the forwards are a bit of a chook raffle at the moment. The backs pretty solid outside of a fullback
9 White
10 Cooper
11 Koroibete
12 Kerevi
13 Ikitau
14 Nawaqanitawase
I think 14 & 15 are pretty open. Agree with the rest.

Possible pack Bell/Slipper ??? Ala'alatoa Rodda Skelton Frost Hooper Valetini

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
I think kellaway is in but at 15 or 23

I have said this for a couple of years now (not having a go at you) we have a bloke that is the most perfect 23 in the world & can slide in from 10 - 15 without disrupting the backline at all plus makes tired defenders worry from 50+ metres out if the game is on the line with 10 min to just bloody pick him every week!

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Lolesio. Eddie won't tolerate 10's who can't manage a game. Eddie he has a history of wanting proper game managers, players with a lot of game understanding and intelligence at 10. Edmed ticks all the boxes that Lolesio doesn't.
He kept picking Marcus Smith at 10 who struggled to control the game and needed Farrell to do it for him.

I don't think he's against picking a flyhalf he can see value in to be fair.

rodha

Dave Cowper (27)
He kept picking Marcus Smith at 10 who struggled to control the game and needed Farrell to do it for him.

I don't think he's against picking a flyhalf he can see value in to be fair.
Smith is an out-&-out 10 though, Lolesio is more of a centre playing at 10. White and Simone did most of the playmaking for the Brumbies.

I can't see Eddie picking him, in the recent podcast Edmed & Donaldson were mentioned but not Lolesio, I guess we'll find out later whether that was an indication of anything.

Last edited: