• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

Marce

John Thornett (49)
Would u like to bring back the 1995 away jersey for this RWC?
rugby-union-australia-v-romania-rugby-world-cup-3695-mandatory-creditaction-images-stu-forster-joe-r.jpg

gettyimages-74266507-2048x2048.jpg

gettyimages-74266492-2048x2048.jpg

Tah Man

Larry Dwyer (12)
For those potentially wondering what a sesamoidectomy is, I googled it because I had no idea. https://www.drsimonzilko.com.au/pdf/post-op-sesamoidectomy-july-2020.pdf

Some good quotes in that article.

Together with fellow-injured front-row star Tupou, the duo have been training under the watchful eye of Rugby Australia’s medical staff at their Moore Park headquarters and says they have been “ruined” by a series of activities involving medical balls, core, and watt and assault bikes.

“Me and ‘Nela’ struggle a bit,” he quipped.

“I’ve got really close with Nela over the past nine months,” Bell said.

“He’s one of my best mates.

“Nela and I are quite different in every aspect of life and that’s why we get along so well, opposites attract.

“Nela is very laissez-faire and I’m quite uptight, so we both meet in the middle.

“Training with him is unreal, you go hard with someone and go have a coffee with afterward; it’s great for the mental space and mixing up the training as well.

“It’s a great relationship. It’s funny, it’s always funny, but it’s good that we can both do things that will put us in the right stead for the World Cup and get hopefully on that plane both of us.”

Great news. Our very kind draw and current depth allows them to ease into. Going off the 1st squad and assuming all fit could look at something like

Slipper, AAA starting and Robertson, Pone 30 mins off the bench vs Georgia
Slipper, AAA starting and Bell, Tupou 20 mins off the bench vs Fiji
Slipper, AAA starting and Bell, Tupou 30 mins off the bench vs Wales
Bell, Tupou starting and Robertson, Pone 35 mins off the bench vs Portugal

Then reassess best options once we hit the knockouts. All props with decent game time and a solid week's break for the veterans.

Of course will never happen exactly like that but that prop rotation does fill with me confidence

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Great news. Our very kind draw and current depth allows them to ease into. Going off the 1st squad and assuming all fit could look at something like

Slipper, AAA starting and Robertson, Pone 30 mins off the bench vs Georgia
Slipper, AAA starting and Bell, Tupou 20 mins off the bench vs Fiji
Slipper, AAA starting and Bell, Tupou 30 mins off the bench vs Wales
Bell, Tupou starting and Robertson, Pone 35 mins off the bench vs Portugal

Then reassess best options once we hit the knockouts. All props with decent game time and a solid week's break for the veterans.

Of course will never happen exactly like that but that prop rotation does fill with me confidence
I suspect Georgia ain't gonna be any pushover scrum...(pun intended)