• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

Hogie

Herbert Moran (7)
Nawaqanitawase comes across as such a top bloke. Touted as the next big thing following junior wallaby world cup and Waratahs debut. Then dismissed by many fans and media for defensive fragility and from what I can see he continued to work hard and for me is now a starting Wallaby.

With Sua'ali'i arrival, the back 3 for Australia has incredible potential over next 5 years with players who can play across wing and full back adding to the mix Kellaway, Petaia, Jorgensen, and Wright. Playing against NH teams (and Lions) having players fill these positions that are comfortable under the high ball and also quick and strong is an absolute must.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
Article in smh implied, he wants to stay long term. They couldn’t come to an agreement on that, so for now he’s signed one year.

That's means is gonna be harder to make an agreement next year after he played in RWC. So for me is a year and then he'll go to France or Japan

Marce

John Thornett (49)
I can see it from both sides. Rugby Australia would like to know where he sits on Eddie's pecking order to appropriately table a top-up offer.
Yeah but from a management perspective is better to offer something now and not after. Clearly is an advantage for him. He's betting to play a great RWC and earn like Sua'ali'i

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I like it. RA get one of the top wingers under contract and he has the opportunity to make a bucket more cash with strong performances.

He is a rare Rugby product that looks like he has the potential to become a sporting star. Big, fast can jump and score those back page picture tries diving in the air.

He never seemed to kick rocks when the Tahs werent starting him and the team was trash. He was back at Eastwood putting in and when he got his chance he came back a better player and locked his spot up.

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
Yes and Marky backing himself to lock down a starting Wallabies jersey to increase his value.
Agree that this is what’s happening. I think he see the private equity deal on the table and is expecting increased remuneration for players because of it.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I like it. Rugby Australia get one of the top wingers under contract and he has the opportunity to make a bucket more cash with strong performances.

He is a rare Rugby product that looks like he has the potential to become a sporting star. Big, fast can jump and score those back page picture tries diving in the air.

He never seemed to kick rocks when the Tahs werent starting him and the team was trash. He was back at Eastwood putting in and when he got his chance he came back a better player and locked his spot up.

Yep, took the feedback from DC on the chin and got better. Exactly what you want from a young player.

gooseylover101

Bob McCowan (2)
I like it. Rugby Australia get one of the top wingers under contract and he has the opportunity to make a bucket more cash with strong performances.

Agreed! A perfect demonstration of earning the right to play.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Next
Nawaqanitawase comes across as such a top bloke. Touted as the next big thing following junior wallaby world cup and Waratahs debut. Then dismissed by many fans and media for defensive fragility and from what I can see he continued to work hard and for me is now a starting Wallaby.

With Sua'ali'i arrival, the back 3 for Australia has incredible potential over next 5 years with players who can play across wing and full back adding to the mix Kellaway, Petaia, Jorgensen, and Wright. Playing against NH teams (and Lions) having players fill these positions that are comfortable under the high ball and also quick and strong is an absolute must.
Too many backs not enough tight forwards. Without go fwd ball no back can do much.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
We need Skelton, BPA, Foley, Cooper, Kerevi and Korobiete

Because we are never going to play QC (Quade Cooper) & BF in the same side & while its not ideal if the board stick to their guns you could bring if BF if QC (Quade Cooper) get injured & straight into the 10 jersey ahead of anyone else in the squad.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Why would we not play Quade and Foley in the same side? What if Quade gets injured during the match?

I'd say the 3 limit is well and truly gone given Skelton, Quade, Kerevi, Foley, Korobiete all sound like certainties to be involved as of right now.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Why would we not play Quade and Foley in the same side? What if Quade gets injured during the match?

I'd say the 3 limit is well and truly gone given Skelton, Quade, Kerevi, Foley, Korobiete all sound like certainties to be involved as of right now.

If it’s 3.

Foley is nowhere in the mixer

Damn I don’t even know who id select if it was 3. Skelton, Korobiete and Kerevi.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Looks like he could still slot one over from anywhere.

View attachment 16009
Embarrassed to say that I've just been watching for the first time the 1999 RWC semi v South Africa, had it on in the background at work.

Burke's field kicking was fantastic, he saves an almost certain try by snapping it away on an awful angle but gets like 60m. To be fair the rest of the backline also had such impressive boots. Larkham and Horan were clearing the ball from the tryline to the 50m often. Just watched Roff do a kick that was better than a 22-22. No pop gun kicking to be seen, so nice.

Also, don't think I've ever seen so many drop goals in my life.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Embarrassed to say that I've just been watching for the first time the 1999 RWC semi v South Africa, had it on in the background at work.

Burke's field kicking was fantastic, he saves an almost certain try by snapping it away on an awful angle but gets like 60m. To be fair the rest of the backline also had such impressive boots. Larkham and Horan were clearing the ball from the tryline to the 50m often. Just watched Roff do a kick that was better than a 22-22. No pop gun kicking to be seen, so nice.

Also, don't think I've ever seen so many drop goals in my life.

watch the previous (I think) Springbok game. deBeer kicked 5 dgs. Thus the famous commentary line 'Lakham has De Beered De Beer"

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
watch the previous (I think) Springbok game. deBeer kicked 5 dgs. Thus the famous commentary line 'Lakham has De Beered De Beer"

1684473652551.png

I wonder if there has ever been a higher score in a test match with only two tries (both for one side and in total)?

65 points and only 10 of them came from tries!

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Why on earth did the Springbok, Montgomery I think, kick that high ball at the end on the final play when they were down by 6? Bizarre. Fun game, feels a lot messier and helter-skelter than the current game.