• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2024

noscrumnolife

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I can live with cards when they come from pushing the edge around the ruck. Scott Barrett gets a silly amount of cards, but he gets away with it more than not and on balance it is probably for the teams benefit (although ideally you just McCaw it and get away with everything).

I can't stand cards for mindless, needless aggression. You don't need to clatter people late and high to intimidate.

Last edited:

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
You definitely don't need the probably there mate
So what does Swain have that sets him apart? He's not particularly powerful or athletic. He's definitely not an intelligent player. His discipline is poor.

Dude's just average and was largely relegated to bench duties at provincial level this year.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
If you’re going to call out Swain on those attributes, then Swinton's late high tackle against the Force this year was hardly intelligent or disciplined. It was stupidly late, dangerous and not to mention unnecessary.

Both of them need to pull their heads in, late high tackles off the ball or been easily baited by the opposition are going to continue hurting their wallaby chances.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
If you’re going to call out Swain on those attributes, then Swinton's late high tackle against the Force this year was hardly intelligent or disciplined. It was stupidly late, dangerous and not to mention unnecessary.

Both of them need to pull their heads in, late high tackles off the ball or been easily baited by the opposition are going to continue hurting their wallaby chances.
Yeah but he is big, athletic and has impact.

I agree entirely that he does dumb shit.

Yoda

Watty Friend (18)
Yeah but he is big, athletic and has impact.

I agree entirely that he does dumb shit.
Unfortunately you need a brain and doing ‘dumb shit’ is too costly and hardly in the best interests of your team. A player who would have probably done well 20 years or more ago when mindless acts were tolerated. He’s an overrated dope.

Yoda

Watty Friend (18)
Gordon was a big disappointment to me. He absolutely carried the Tahs at times but that form just never translated to the next level. There was space for him, too.
Overplayed his hand far too often. Maybe playing to a dud game plan by Coleman.

shanky

Darby Loudon (17)
Both Swinton and Swain are now 26 years old.

Happy to try and coach them but they're surely now old enough to be out of the 'brain snap' period.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
At 26 they still have just less than a decade of professional rugby in them.
reckon you've still got a chance hey Derp?

Yeah I know but I had him sort of Harry Wilson age, where you can be more forgiving. Swain is now at the age when Philip came back all beefed up.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
reckon you've still got a chance hey Derp?

Yeah I know but I had him sort of Harry Wilson age, where you can be more forgiving. Swain is now at the age when Philip came back all beefed up.
Nah any kind of torsion applied to these knees and I'll be in a wheelchair.

shanky

Darby Loudon (17)
They're both good players, so you've always got the potential for anything and you're always going to get more good games than bad games out of them.

Anecdotally(?) they're good for say...7 games out of 10?

Link always used to talk about looking for a 'budgetted performance' out of a player.
I'd struggle to get confidence in a long-term budget around a player who shits the bed 3 games out of 10

That's why your Pete Samu's of the world are so valuable

They've been pro-footballers for 5+ years now. Access to coaching, video, mentoring. Plenty of time for the penny to drop

Hogie

Herbert Moran (7)
I absolutely detest the negative barbs being thrown at a young up and coming player.

Donaldson last year was the only ten taking on the line and had a boot with the length needed for international rugby. Whilst his performances this year have dipped, this has to be expected with young players, especially when thrown into a losing team. Let's also remember that he doesn't pick the squad or team and his first choice position is not 15- something I am hoping the next coaching regime learn from that players should be playing consistently in their position in Super Rugby and not shifting for internationals.

How about a nice change of pace and get behind and support Wallaby players, in particular young players only just coming into the team.

I expect Donaldson to be a key signing for the Force and with Pasitoa they have two players at 10 with significant potential.