• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v All Blacks Sydney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
The only thing the wallabies need is confidence, not just from the players, but confidence from deans to sub blokes 5 mins earlier or to tell Giteau hes not good enough after missing 2 kicks. Untill these boys start backing themselves and showing a quality in the way they perform, they are nothing but pretenders.

They are fucking this close to being the best team in the world, yet game after game they throw it away.

I need another beer.

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
Giteau fell back into his bad habit of not following through. As a result pulls all his kicks - or is it just that he can't kick in Sydney?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
1. Lawrence penalised Pocock at the breakdown for imaginary offence in the first minute
2. McCaw's try should have been a penalty to the Wallabies as McCaw detached and run wide before the ball was cleared to give him that overlap. That said, FFS JOC (James O'Connor) isn't a wing, fourth or fifth try conceded on his wing because he is out of position.
3. Conrad Smith constantly falls on the wrong side (same old thing from Scarfies Video). I am sick to death of this if it means players getting sent off so be it stomp the shit out of them. Don't hold but maim the cheating pricks.

I don't believe the ABs are that far in front if they had to play to the rules. Before the Wallabies first try they gave away four penalties in a row which the Wallabies were given adavantage for. How many more penalties did the cheating scum concede in the 22 and no warning given yet again. It will be interesting to see but I would hazard a guess that the ABs conceded nearly double the penalties the other 3N teams on top of the illegalities not penalised and they still did not get the sanctions against them.

Gnostic, we killed ourselves there. And Giteau with his shit boots on. We didn't get a few calls, but we got a few others. It is the lack of steel that did us in.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Gotta applaud the All Blacks, they are truly the best sporting team in the world in any sport and code.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
i dont think the all blacks actually deserved that win, from the full game, nonetheless, it was the wallabies fault, not a late all blacks pull through but a late screw up by the wallabies.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Gotta applaud the All Blacks, they are truly the best sporting team in the world in any sport and code.

No they're not. They constantly cheat, and while we have calls go our way some times, we dont constantly cheat. Its fucking bullshit what they get away with.

jason

Sydney Middleton (9)
Oh and awesome game from Turner, I've always been and fan, never understood why he was dropped.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
No they're not. They constantly cheat, and while we have calls go our way some times, we dont constantly cheat. Its fucking bullshit what they get away with.

Come on guys, we didn't lose because they cheated. It is up to the refs to call the fouls, not the ABs to self-police. If we had some harder heads out there, we would have won. And if Giteau could kick.

C

chief

I'm not meaning to bring this back to the coach but that's where it is. A coach needs to address problems, this has been a problem since last years 3 Nations, and it still hasn't been addressed. Surely this signals the end of Deans. He simply doesn't get it. And what was with Giteau's stupid flick pass at the end.

And can someone tell me if they've seen the "daylight" interpretation before

aussie1st

Alfred Walker (16)
Awesome game by Turner, Beale is just getting better and better. Add Ioane and maybe Davis to our backline and we are close to fullstrength. Would also get rid of Giteau, hes way past his best now, may as well put JOC (James O'Connor) in his natural position.

J

jcmp99

Paki Matt - must be dodgey boots or.....

Half Time/Full Time Double

Australia/Australia: 4.15
Australia/New Zealand: 7.00

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
There was no disgrace in that loss - the All Blacks were the better side in the second half - the Wallabies stepped up and are much closer to them now.

Genia, the worst player on the field - I have to disagree with that comment. It was AB pressure on Genia and Cooper that was causing the problem for both of them. I thought Genia saved our ass a number of times tonight and was much better in the second half once the AB's dropped off him. Cooper's defence is becoming a real problem though.

Rocky and Sharpe pretty good. Pocock outgunned at the breakdown because the AB's always had superior numbers. Moore was really good. Robinson and McCalaman pretty good. Ma'afu - we need an alternative. Chisolm did his best (but that's not good enough against the AB's).

Turner was really good. Giteau not bad (apart from his kicking). AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and James O'Connor were good - one defensive error from JOC (James O'Connor) didn't cost us this match. Beale another very good performance.

Biggest issue for me with Wallabies was support at rucks was too slow. Too many turnovers because our ball carrier was isolated.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Cooper's defence was awful.

Turner was fantastic, like I said he'd be.

Beale was my MOM followed by McCalman.

We lost this one on Giteau's goal kicking, no more, no less.

Yes Scarf...Giteau's inconsistency in pressure games - now well established over 2 years - back in force again, just when it really mattered. Stating the obvious, you cannot become a genuinely top team without Steyn or Carter level place kicking consistency in the big games. Of course, the Wallabies management insisted (until last week) that no full-time kicking coach was necessary.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
How is it that both the assistant ref and main ref, standing right next to the scrum can't see that McCaw clearly detatches prior to the ball being out. I mean, how much more obvious can it get. For him to already be in position to receive a pass when Reid picks it up from the scrum means that he either has a time machine, he is the half back, or it is a clear penalty. Fuck me it can't get anymore obvious than that.

How do they keep getting the best of the calls from these referees (particularly south african ones)? It wasn't like they were getting the rub of the green because they had clearly dominanted the match. It wasn't like they were getting calls due to being the home team. I just can't understand why such crucial decisions go in their favour (and I know we had a few such as the Nonu high tackle, but it was hardly game changing).

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
How is it that both the assistant ref and main ref, standing right next to the scrum can't see that McCaw clearly detatches prior to the ball being out. I mean, how much more obvious can it get. For him to already be in position to receive a pass when Reid picks it up from the scrum means that he either has a time machine, he is the half back, or it is a clear penalty. Fuck me it can't get anymore obvious than that.

How do they keep getting the best of the calls from these referees (particularly south african ones)? It wasn't like they were getting the rub of the green because they had clearly dominanted the match. It wasn't like they were getting calls due to being the home team. I just can't understand why such crucial decisions go in their favour (and I know we had a few such as the Nonu high tackle, but it was hardly game changing).

Watching the presser, it seems Robbie agrees with you...

Status
Not open for further replies.