• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v All Blacks Sydney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I don't Kaplan's bias had anything to do with it. He got to see it once; fast motion, no HD vision, adrenaline pumping. Then he had about 4 seconds to make a decision.

I'm not saying it was an illegal hit.

sorry DPK, I was being just a bit tongue-in-cheek with it. shoulda put a smiley with it or something.
But I still hate Kaplan ;)

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Hang on, I thought you were also arguing that there were more players we needed to try for the wallabies?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
....And while we are on the subject of how many RWC's have been won by the Men in Gold (It was two (2) at last count), we are rightly the Men in Gold having won the Olympic Gold Medal for Rugby in 1908

History will record that Rugby 15s was played at four Olympic Games: 1900, 1908, 1920 and 1924.

The following countries became Olympic Champions at rugby: France in 1900, Australia in 1908, USA in 1920 and 1924.

The following countries won medals in the Olympics rugby tournaments: France - three medals: one gold and two silvers, USA - two gold medals, Britain - one silver and one bronze, Australia - one gold medal, Germany - silver in 1900 and Romania - bronze in 1924.

Did I miss something or is there no mention of the Olympic success for the Blackness? Hmmmm....

2 RWC's and 1 Olympic Gold vs 1 RWC.

I think it was a Cricketer that NZ have contracted to run the RWC11 who said on the radio this morning, that the Blackness wins the RWC every 24 years. Once in every generation, to give the young'uns something to look forward to.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
This test will show if the Wallabies has turn the corner. If they dont win this one they'll be back to square one. The All Blacks are there for the taking and I dunno if the Wallabies have it between the ears, on paper they MUST win this one.

Don't know if they will be there for the taking this time PB, though they were in Christchurch a lot of the time IMO, but otherwise what you said is the truth; an inconvenient truth.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Don't know if they will be there for the taking this time PB, though they were in Christchurch a lot of the time IMO, but otherwise what you said is the truth; an inconvenient truth.
They have to much confidense at the moment and a few Kiwis need to get a reality check. I am impressed with the last two tests the Wallabies played, specially that young backline looked pretty impressive and on the up.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Lets take a little trip down history:-

1986 - Wallabies played poorly against the Blacks and Blacks went onto win RWC.
1990 - Wallabies win one against the Blacks in a season judged by most as underperforming. Next year they built and smashed the Blacks in Paddy Land. No RWC for the Blecks.
1994 - ABs defeated again by the Wallabies. Following year despite claims of Susie adding some secret spices to their taro to make it eddible no RWC for the Blecks.
1998 - 3 Nil to the Wallabies. Following year Le Frog gives ABs a rugby lesson no RWC for the Blecks.
2002 - David Wilson led Wallabies hand the ABs a convincing defeat if not on the scoreboard in Sydney in what was a total defensive display. No RWC for the Blecks in 2003 when they gave a repeat performance.
2007 (a year late it could be said) - Wallbies again defeat the Blecks before the RWC and Le Frog again upsets their RWC ambition.

So history tells us that any chance that any team other than the ABs has of winning the RWC resides with the Wallabies. We show the world the way in how to defeat the Darkside.

Go Wallabies know that the strength of history is with you, in this year before the RWC defeat the Blackness and go on to take the RWC from their grubby little hands in their own backyard. Have a feast of Lamb chops while you are over there just to destroy the dreams of their next generation.

http://www.rugby.com.au/fixtures_results/bledisloe_cup/bledisloe_cup_history_of_results,22045.html

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Just need to play for 2 lots of 40 minutes. Need proper oranges at 1/2 time to come out and play the final 40 without getting puffed out.

Also need a brave coach who will use the bench to get fresh legs on the pitch.

C'mon now join in "...Once a jolly swagman camped by a billabong, under the shade of a coolibah tree......."

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
When playing against the sheepshaggers, why not sing a song about stealing sheep?

That would piss them off.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Just need to play for 2 lots of 40 minutes. Need proper oranges at 1/2 time to come out and play the final 40 without getting puffed out.

It's more the mental fitness than the physical fitness. It looked like the Wallabies finished the two games on the veld better than the Boks did. The All Blacks are probably the fittest team on the planet but but I am more concerned that our lot are soft mentally than about their physical state.

C

chief

Are you guys serious about a successful tour of South Africa. It was woeful, completely woeful. Although I find the Kurtley Beale kick absolutely irresistable, losing such significant leads needs to be addressed. It happened in the Tri-Nations last year, I think the Wallabies were winning at half time, for most of their matches, but they showed that no lessons have been learned. I don't know shit all about mentality, or anything like that, but I know enough to know that the Wallabies mentality is not enough to match the AB's. Call me Greg Growden, call me every synonym for cynical but I think I have a point here.

I would be happy to be proved wrong, by 22 Wallaby players tomorrow night.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Everyone's talking about why the wallabies are always squandering there leads and not closing out a game. Especially in the second half. Im not sure that is mental. I think its tactics. Not by the wallabies but by the opposition. If you guys have noticed the wallabies are young and fairly inexperienced, which means there are a lot of weakness's. More-so then the gregan-larkham days. For me its pretty simple, at half time the coach goes "why arent u testing Beale with the high ball" or "why arent u running at coopers channel" or "exposing JOC (James O'Connor) on the wing" or "forwards are lazy, play close to the rucks". They identify the weaknesses in the first half, and then apply it in the second which is why the opposition is always coming back in the second half. If you watch the Boks game again u can see them putting bombs up to beale, with success, so they keep doing it. The great thing about the ABs is that they seem to find and expose the weakness early. thats my 2 cents.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Just saw a clip with Campo on the Foxsports site; two things. He's starting to look his age! And the second thing, he said a similar thing to Ray Price a few weeks ago; theres only one way to beat the All Blacks. Belt 'em. Belt 'em, then they'll respect you.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
The ABs are not the same beast without Dan Carter and/or McAWE.

In this case we have to minimise McAWEs influence on the game (easier said than done I know) and rattle the backs, particularly Cruden.

All of those wins at the death with Eales, Morty, Burke, Kefu or Larkham making the decisive score at the end could also have gone the other way and would have been viewed in a very different light if they had.
This last test win will rightly go down in the history books as a famous victory.
As always against the blackness the Wallabies have an almost impossible task tonight.

Go the mighty Wallabies!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.