• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v France, Brisbane, Sat 17th July, 8pm

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
If by some miscarriage of justice, MK is suspended, will he then miss the requisite number of games in TRC? Can't see an argument that he would have been playing club, even if club games go on in the meantime.

Marika can join the rest of the Rebels squad who are playing QPR at the moment. I'm sure we can organise 3 games in 10 days for the West's boys to play that Marika would have played had it not been for his suspension

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
The picture at start of this article in pretty clear was not direct to head so that’s enough mitigation to avoid handing out red card.

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/rug...-absolute-travesty/17yp5t4e19b8z1wttdwbbk76oy

Kiwi refs could easily be perceived to have an anti Aussie bias based on this series without looking at SRTT or other non-neutral travesties.

There’s one angle that looks like his shoulder gets him flush on the jaw.
Although, if that was the case, old mate should have been out cold.

im pretty confident that 9/10 like that are red these days.

When you see all the angles you come to the conclusion that the one which appears to show impact to the jaw - it’s a from behind angle from memory - is merely just the force of the hit. But that’s the one they chose to focus on.

i hope Koroibete gets the red overturned and the entire 4 man NZ officiating panel get hung out to dry. Dan and WOB can go watch them reffing club rugby for all I care.

Willin1

Allen Oxlade (6)
What a great game!! Incredible performance from Oz despite shitty red card. Sets Wobs up perfectly for the coming series and will hopefully spark a review of how refs officiate head contact.
That game will have Foster’s sphincter tensing up.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Hodge is such a bloody good stop gap. Ultimate sub. Last time he played at Suncorp he was the winning flyhalf against NZ. This time he's on the wing for the entire game. Next time will probably be fullback or 12/13.
Hodge is quality. He takes a bashing from many fans here and elsewhere but he has class. He will be in our top 23, most likely at 15. He has experience and skills, reads the game very well and always takes the right option. Still has a good turn of speed as well.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
The picture at start of this article in pretty clear was not direct to head so that’s enough mitigation to avoid handing out red card.

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/rug...-absolute-travesty/17yp5t4e19b8z1wttdwbbk76oy

Kiwi refs could easily be perceived to have an anti Aussie bias based on this series without looking at SRTT or other non-neutral travesties.

Ouch Thommo you know another reason you shouldn't show photo's from this angle, as I said it is before contact, because MK has got his arm tucked in and so would be doing a shoulder charge anyway in that photo. See photos can look like anything!

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
Hodge is quality. He takes a bashing from many fans here and elsewhere but he has class. He will be in our top 23, most likely at 15. He has experience and skills, reads the game very well and always takes the right option. Still has a good turn of speed as well.
Am I missing something here? He played his usual Wallaby game; was pedestrian with the ball, kicked the ball out on the full and then made one great effort play with the kick chase. He plays with heart but he doesn’t offer enough to start in the 15.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Swain has somewhat surprised me with how well he’s taken to test rugby……….

But a good game from from all the guys who got a starting shot last night………..

It looked like Swinton in a way benefited from Koroibete’s red card, as they shifted him infield afterward and he was able to be heavily involved. I would’ve liked to have seen him and Valetini on the field together to see how they combined.

McDermott provided significantly better ball than Gordon, and his running game was an added boost.

Lolesio is developing nicely, looking more comfortable with every game.

Still, need to work at doing better to secure our own ball/put pressure on the opposition ruck………….

That last penalty was criminal - thankfully Swain did was Swain does best in opposition mauls.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Am I missing something here? He played his usual Wallaby game; was pedestrian with the ball, kicked the ball out on the full and then made one great effort play with the kick chase. He plays with heart but he doesn’t offer enough to start in the 15.
He offers a lot more than Banks. We may end up seeing JOC (James O'Connor) or Petaia at 15 eventually but for now Hodge starts ahead of Banks. If not at 15 hes on the pine.

He seems play better at test level when surrounded by quality. He just does not have a bad test. Hes not a winger but his experience and skill got him through despite being a man down. He is only 26 and has a lot more to offer Australian rugby.

maxdacat

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
When you see all the angles you come to the conclusion that the one which appears to show impact to the jaw - it’s a from behind angle from memory - is merely just the force of the hit. But that’s the one they chose to focus on.

i hope Koroibete gets the red overturned and the entire 4 man NZ officiating panel get hung out to dry. Dan and WOB can go watch them reffing club rugby for all I care.

Hope so too. As I mentioned before from front on it looks like MK shoulder is up at neck/jaw height but the reverse angle shows all the power going into the French 8 shoulder (lats and traps) which shift backwards a good couple of cm. If you take that into account and the fact the 8's head didn't move ie no contact then you can only conclude it was a perfectly legal tackle.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
He offers a lot more than Banks. We may end up seeing JOC (James O'Connor) or Petaia at 15 eventually but for now Hodge starts ahead of Banks. If not at 15 hes on the pine.

He seems play better at test level when surrounded by quality. He just does not have a bad test. Hes not a winger but his experience and skill got him through despite being a man down. He is only 26 and has a lot more to offer Australian rugby.
I thought the general consensus was that Banks did enough to hold the 15 jersey and he played incrementally better in each game.

Look he tries hard I get it but it shouldn’t be enough at this level.

Th0mo

Allen Oxlade (6)
Ouch Thommo you know another reason you shouldn't show photo's from this angle, as I said it is before contact, because MK has got his arm tucked in and so would be doing a shoulder charge anyway in that photo. See photos can look like anything!

Had a look and looks more like he had his hand between his legs. The still captures initial contact which opens up mitigation as it was shoulder on shoulder. There was definitely head contact when you view later frames. Wasn’t suggesting it was a legal tackle and would have though YC was the right outcome. Lets see if he gets off.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Every still photograph and video replay show the French no8's knees bent at the moment of impact. That is, he lowered himself into the contact zone.
His head snaps forward with whiplash not backwards which would have occurred had there been contact with the head.
Yet still the 4 munchkins say "no mitigation".
Stupid, stupid people.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
The histrionic dive from the French captain puts a dark cloud over a wonderful series.
For a team which was cobbled together from spare parts all over France and had to endure quarantine and Covid restrictions we should be shouting the praises of a grand achievement from Les Bleus. Competitive, intelligent, and full of running they have a lot to be proud of.
Instead we are confronted with a senior member of the team exhibiting the worst of fake soccer "injuries".
He was never hit in the face. He threw himself on the ground. All that was missing was the Zambuck running out a comb to fix his hair.
Bloody disgraceful.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
So if I’m not mistake the following players played 240mins of test rugby in 11 days:
- LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
- Hooper
- Paisami
- Lolesio

Pretty sure Banks played all the minutes as well, but I think Paisami was not quite that much, came off for about 10 minutes in test 2. Still an amazing effort.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Had a look and looks more like he had his hand between his legs. The still captures initial contact which opens up mitigation as it was shoulder on shoulder. There was definitely head contact when you view later frames. Wasn’t suggesting it was a legal tackle and would have though YC was the right outcome. Lets see if he gets off.

Yep mate, I thought it was YC at most, was just suggesting that photo not a good idea, as I don't think any contact had been made.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Rated slightly under 500k on 9. Pretty impressive, that’s more than many bledisloe cup games in recent years