• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Italy, Florence, Sun 13th Nov 12am AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I look forward to seeing Australia A go out in the group stages.

Wales, Fiji, Georgia, and one of USA or Portugal. I think we'll get out of the pool.

After that we either play England, Japan, or Argentina. No guarantees who wins Pool D as England look a bit flat right now.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Can you remember what the 3 were for? I remember one ‘not releasing’ I think? Can’t think of the others?
One was a no-arms tackle. Just very poor technique on that occasion.

On penalties, am I right in noting that Darcy Swain had no penalties conceded? If so, that has to be a move in the right direction. Together with his disrupting the lineout that led to Robertson's try, his mostly effective receipt of the kickoff (first one excluded), along with Skelton disrupting the Italian maul, his kick chases and challenging for the ball in the air, he had quite a net positive impact on the game. One of the best of the forwards.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
On penalties, am I right in noting that Darcy Swain had no penalties conceded? If so, that has to be a move in the right direction.

He was lucky not to concede a couple for falling wrong side of the ruck. He just fell very ineffectively.

Maul defence was a highlight. Skelton and Swain were doing decent work.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
One was a no-arms tackle. Just very poor technique on that occasion.

On penalties, am I right in noting that Darcy Swain had no penalties conceded? If so, that has to be a move in the right direction. Together with his disrupting the lineout that led to Robertson's try, his mostly effective receipt of the kickoff (first one excluded), along with Skelton disrupting the Italian maul, his kick chases and challenging for the ball in the air, he had quite a net positive impact on the game. One of the best of the forwards.

In terms of individual performances, I thought Skelton and Swain were our best players last night.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Uh, right. The utter gibberish confused me.
I also am confused. I usually agree with about 98% of what you say. The bit I am confused about is that as the president (I think) of a subbies club you are throwing out support for past RA decisions. The current crowd trying to a good job are constrained by Raelene’s legacy.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Definitely…

Lolesio might not have had the best game, but if you’re not going to sub him earlier he needs to close out the match.
I don't see why so many posters are so down on Noah after this game. His kicking for touch was a welcome highlight after the very poor efforts by Foley forever. He gave the last pass for Wright's try. His kicking in general play might not be world shattering but was better than anything dished up by others during this tour. He was off target with a couple of early goal kicks, but did find his radar and the conversion of Robertson's try on the sideline was a beauty.

He was working with our third best No 9 in a backline that excludes any attacking team work but relies on individuals for territory gain and scoring tries. Overall, he was not really a step down from Foley imo.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
With less than a year for WC is impossible. But Rugby Australia should sign Scott Robertson for 2024 ASAP
It’s not impossible at all, just unlikely. I remember when he got appointed that there was no assurance he would take us through to the 23 RWC - does anyone know his T&Cs?

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I don't see why so many posters are so down on Noah after this game. His kicking for touch was a welcome highlight after the very poor efforts by Foley forever. He gave the last pass for Wright's try. His kicking in general play might not be world shattering but was better than anything dished up by others during this tour. He was off target with a couple of early goal kicks, but did find his radar and the conversion of Robertson's try on the sideline was a beauty.

He was working with our third best No 9 in a backline that excludes any attacking team work but relies on individuals for territory gain and scoring tries. Overall, he was not really a step down from Foley imo.
Vintage BR.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
The most frustrating part of the match... 2 minutes to play and wallabies have to score twice to win the match and have just been awarded a penalty in an attacking position.

The wallabies then proceed to waste as much time as they possibly can. FFS Italy were positioned for the scrum long before the wallabies even got out of their huddle. If ever there was a team that needed to waste time it was Italy - and they were faster than the australians at setting up. The wallabies bled their own clock down - whilst in possession - in an attacking position - whilst behind!!!!!

Just no awareness whatsoever in them. They couldn't have done more to lose than that what they did.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Wales, Fiji, Georgia, and one of USA or Portugal. I think we'll get out of the pool.
larry-david-unsure.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.