• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Portugal, RWC Pool C, Mon 2 Oct 2.45AM

Linerunner2023

Fred Wood (13)
At least give Gordon another crack at 10 in this game FFS.

What a depressing World Cup this has been for Wallaby fans.
Yes anyone who couldn’t see taking only gorden and Donaldson was always going to be a complete failure
Missed tackles, dropped balls, kicking out on the full and not finding touch on penalty kicks
They have both been horrible
Let’s see if they bounce back next year or not

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
The only "logic" I can think of is at least the 10, 12 & 13 have played a bit together

But that is struggling to find a reason
It was either fatprop or cyclo who said it, but if we are relying on kicking (and hence Donaldson) to win then we are even more fucked than we think.

We should have picked Gordon and given him the direction to lead the team and focus on our attacking structure.

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
Eddie‘s decisions continue to make no fucking sense- does anyone from Rugby Australia actually question any of his decisions.
The midfield change does make sense to be fair. Kerevi and Petaia have been given so many chances and both have been really poor

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Yeah I'm not fussed with those changes, I suspect it was always the plan for this game and it's been vindicated by the average performances of the incumbents. The head scratcher for me is that Langi Gleeson got 10 minutes on the field the whole tournament. Maybe he's not quite ready for the World Cup arena but neither are half the squad.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Goddamnit who has tagged me into the stupid Portugal vs Australia match day thread oh of course its bloody Tomikin

1668993891168-removebg-preview.png
See that could have been us,but EJ (Eddie Jones) decided to not select Hooper and then the plan was done...vision board destroyed

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
If BPA was there sure but the other two aren’t very good.

Not expecting anything when our starting 10 wouldn’t have started in his Club GF over Deegan or Dowling.

Watch him get 25 points now… then we’re stuck with him for 1 more test next year.

NoName

Herbert Moran (7)
All y'all wishing for some kind of wallaby statement will be sorely disappointed.

These players are mentally immature (understandably due to their experience and the losing culture Eddie has instilled with his "this match doesn't matter - we're building for the world cup maaaaaaate" but not specifying which world cup) and one barely controversial referee decision away from full on dummy spit and epic capitulation to a mounting penalty count. These players simply cannot adapt to the way the international (I e. NH) game is refereed. It's simply the way the game is now.

If Georgia defeat Fiji tonight (unlikely): enter stage left, Nika. Just like Stuart Berry, none of his decisions will be wrong, but all of non-decisons will be.

My prediction: Nika to prove me to be a wrong. Wallabies to win 96-17 to remind the BI Lions that they will have to fight in 2025.

Yoda

Ted Thorn (20)
The only goal kicker in the squad? We might need a three pointer after the bell to win........... ah I was forgetting the Italy game last year there for a moment.
Yes. A point constantly referred to. Rarely discussed though are the 22 players on the field for the 76 minutes that played atrociously that put a young debutant in that position. Rennie should have left Lolesio on with only 4 minutes to go in hindsight. Most agree that was a very poor coaching decision.

Yoda

Ted Thorn (20)
Yes anyone who couldn’t see taking only gorden and Donaldson was always going to be a complete failure
Missed tackles, dropped balls, kicking out on the full and not finding touch on penalty kicks
They have both been horrible
Let’s see if they bounce back next year or not
Let's remember they are both young and it takes game time to get better in that position. Our players just don't play enough games in the year to get better compared to overseas players. Not sure how that is rectified? Foley and Cooper, both veterans in that position, have had many games where they were 'awful' as well. People only remember what they want to remember. Personally I think more players should be able to play overseas in NZ or Europe to get more experience with better coaching and quality game time. Mack Hansen couldn't get a starting gig at the Brumbies and look at him now.