• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies vs Ireland - 3rd test - Saturday 23rd June 2018 - Sydney Football Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Who are Cheika's 2nd choice 10s?
Beale.
Hodge.
Who else is there, outside of Cheika's radar?
Sam Lane
Quade
Stewart

None of whom ever get 1 minute at 10 in test matches (from set pieces anyway)

Deegan. If I keep posting, maybe the name will embed itself into some brains. Or is it just unthinkable that a Force player could be called into the Wallabies' squad?

K974

Allen Oxlade (6)
Limited print run, please DM cyclo for shipping/payment details:

irishrugby_zpsluvoo4vq.png

Because the all blacks played champagne rugby to beat France 9-8 in rwc 2011.
It's call test rugby for a reason winning is all that counts and 3-0 is enough
That same I accept it's not the best brand of rugby
It in the Nh There isn't this constant thing about the brand , and trying to attract fans , the fans come anyway .
They don't need to be force fed that's absolute rubbish that is considering marketing atmosphere in stadiums here with background music etc etc

Our climate is a lot to do with it, and there is nothing we can do about that forward play will always be our strength cos of that

I accept australia play a lovely brand of rugby traditionally , I remember them in my youth as the Brazil of rugby especially before satellite tv they were always mystical campers lynagh etc and we got to see them once a year , but able to win with different styles and game plans is what makes rugby interesting , if we all played the same we might as well watch soccer or league . There are plenty 15-12 arm wrestles as interesting and as captivating as 39-37 and that's the beauty of it , every game is different
I love the fact a team can win 21-20 , 7 penalties to 4.
A tema can outhink a team,

John o neill already had one go ate trying to change the laws for the Australian market , the game might be struggling here but everywhere else in the world it's growing at a rate of knots

K974

Allen Oxlade (6)
Except they aren't. It's fucking super hard to beat a team that does literally nothing. Bit of a problem hey.

It was the same whinging when england had a dominant forward orientated team in 2003
I remember the disgraceful treatment wilkinson got in the media here
Shortly followed by John o neill crusade to change the laws of rugby to suit australia
There are multiple ways to win a game , adapt to what's in front of you
Ireland scored 27 points in Dublin against you in 2016, we scored 4 tries to beat england in twickenham in march, no 2 games are the same , contrasting style is what's makes rugby

We have to adapt to a hard track and fast team in when in Sh , traditionally they are stronger and more power to them that's their style we can only play with the resources at our disposal

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Deegan. If I keep posting, maybe the name will embed itself into some brains. Or is it just unthinkable that a Force player could be called into the Wallabies' squad?

Not at all, but if a player is to come through the Force it's more likely to be someone that's unearthed through the WA system a la DHP, not a Waratahs cast off whose first choice players are awful anyway.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
It was the same whinging when england had a dominant forward orientated team in 2003
I remember the disgraceful treatment wilkinson got in the media here
Shortly followed by John o neill crusade to change the laws of rugby to suit australia
There are multiple ways to win a game , adapt to what's in front of you
Ireland scored 27 points in Dublin against you in 2016, we scored 4 tries to beat england in twickenham in march, no 2 games are the same , contrasting style is what's makes rugby

We have to adapt to a hard track and fast team in when in Sh , traditionally they are stronger and more power to them that's their style we can only play with the resources at our disposal
Ya cause we don't like it eh. We like to watch sport that's exciting. How dare we.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Phipps passing wasn't off target tho. if you ignore the one hail mary he threw under advantage. The worst pass of the game was the regulation right to left from Powell to Foley's toes while we were steaming forward.

Phipps passed consistency above players heads. Sure it will go down on the stats as a successful pass, but it gives the defence an extra second to set.
Agree Powell's was the worst pass of the game, but then his other passes were at least in front of the man and to the players hands. The attack looked a second or two faster with Powell passing.
So you basically gotta choose between a consistently average passer (Phipps) Vs a player who makes more mistakes (Powell).

Let's hope Genia recovers quickly.

K974

Allen Oxlade (6)
Ya cause we don't like it eh. We like to watch sport that's exciting. How dare we.

There is probably a fundamental difference between Sh and Nh , in Nh they watch Their teams through thu thick and thin , here it's all about the "product"

So that wasn't exciting last night , went down to the wire in a test series
Or is 55-45 against some mumbo jump made up japenese team in a farce of a provincial Comp so bad that one know how it works better
Try's doesn't always make it more exciting is my point
And one game isn't indicative of everything whose to say if they played next week it isn't 30-29
It was reasonably high scoring in nov 2016 between the same teams

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Not at all, but if a player is to come through the Force it's more likely to be someone that's unearthed through the WA system a la DHP, not a Waratahs cast off whose first choice players are awful anyway.

A few Waratahs' cast offs have come good in other situations KOB. Eg, Nabuli, M Ala'alatoa, Mowen, etc etc etc.

I was not a fan of Deegan earlier on, but he looks to have matured and is playing some very good rugby with the Force, including against the Rebels and Crusaders. I certainly would like to see him with an opportunity at higher level. We really do need to have backups for Foley, and Hodge and Beale are not those, as they are better utilised in other roles.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
On the ref:

25 penalties all up. Could you fuck off m8. No one pays $200 to watch you not be good enough to actually play the sport but you still wanna be involved so you blow your god damn whistle every 20 seconds.

Yeh it ruined the game didn't it. Not being biased, there were poor calls on both sides. But damn there was so many stoppages in play for penalties and video refs etc. When they actually played it was good but it was so far inbetween it got boring at times.

I had my league mate watching and it was frankly embarrassing. Not winning any fans with games like that.

Can rugby please enforce a new law, stop the bloody clock for penalty kicks at least.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Limited print run, please DM cyclo for shipping/payment details:

irishrugby_zpsluvoo4vq.png

I applaud Schmidt and his genius tactics. No.2 in the world and doing sweet FA as the game plane. Let the other clowns out coach and play themselves. Bravo!

Also shows what wrong with the game.The AB's are just wasting their efforts trying to showboat to get wins while the Irish are cruising.

I can't wait till post RWC when Hanson goes and Schmidt get the AB's gig!!!!!. So deserved on so many levels. :p:D:eek::):)

PS: Blues should adopt the Irish game plan. Perfectly suits their skillset and abilities. On the phone to Tana now. ;)

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Because the all blacks played champagne rugby to beat France 9-8 in rwc 2011.
It's call test rugby for a reason winning is all that counts and 3-0 is enough
That same I accept it's not the best brand of rugby
It in the Nh There isn't this constant thing about the brand , and trying to attract fans , the fans come anyway .
They don't need to be force fed that's absolute rubbish that is considering marketing atmosphere in stadiums here with background music etc etc

Our climate is a lot to do with it, and there is nothing we can do about that forward play will always be our strength cos of that

I accept australia play a lovely brand of rugby traditionally , I remember them in my youth as the Brazil of rugby especially before satellite tv they were always mystical campers lynagh etc and we got to see them once a year , but able to win with different styles and game plans is what makes rugby interesting , if we all played the same we might as well watch soccer or league . There are plenty 15-12 arm wrestles as interesting and as captivating as 39-37 and that's the beauty of it , every game is different
I love the fact a team can win 21-20 , 7 penalties to 4.
A tema can outhink a team,

John o neill already had one go ate trying to change the laws for the Australian market , the game might be struggling here but everywhere else in the world it's growing at a rate of knots

Um, it's Dismal Pillock. It's a pisstake.

Lost

Ted Fahey (11)
Mate put anyone who isn't Foley there. Foley is the problem not the answer.

Its a continuation of the same problem that was apparent with Quade Cooper. He too was the problem not the answer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Yeah I was really worried on his challenge at the kickoff - I thought if they looked at it again he was going off. ..
Watch this space.

This space?

Folau to face World Rugby hearing over two aerial contests

Israel Folau will face a World Rugby disciplinary hearing for his conduct during two aerial contests in the Wallabies’ 20-16 loss to Ireland on Saturday.

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sp...over-two-aerial-contests-20180624-p4zndo.html

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
Its a continuation of the same problem that was apparent with Quade Cooper. He too was the problem not the answer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you give up looking? I'll give you the tip, the next 10 might be no better and one after worse, but eventually we will find a quality 10. It's not Foley, and every game he plays is another game we don't take a step closer to finding the long term answer.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Very true. And Coleman looked to use his arms in that cleanout, so a penalty for a shoulder charge would have been wrong. In from the side maybe, but that doesn't seem to be penalised much these days. As you say, it was under penalty advantage anyway, so WTF?

he was penalised for cleaning out after he whistle had gone for the earlier penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.