• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
i feel even a woefully out of form barnes(which he is not) is still a far superior player to hangers
i think the answer lies in foley coming into first receiver on attack a lot more and barnes taking on the line more with a 'cooper and ioane like' winger threatening on the inside near the ruck, the use of this option will give him more space on both sides. kingston the man with pace and feet to provide this

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
I am happy with Foley at 15 - he has great feet, is quick enough and from the limited amount i've seen is good at running in broken field play. The tweak the tahs should make (were I coach this week) is to focus on getting more players behind the ball on kick return and having a real crack the the rebels on the counter.

remember this?

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
The tweak the tahs should make (were I coach this week) is to focus on getting more players behind the ball on kick return and having a real crack the the rebels on the counter.

I agree and I'll extend this to support play in general

Watching the NZ teams, the Reds last year (or the Tahs on that highligts video), on most occasions there are 3-4 support players several metres behind the player with the ball on most occasions. Its seems to be instinct for the NZ players to turn as they are tackled and pop to a support player. We seem to go the ground because, I presume, we don't always expect someone to be there.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Sunday may mean a 3pm kick off which would be nice​
The Tahs should be able to roll out a pretty good side​
Looking at the current side they could just roll out​
15 Bernard Foley,​
14 Tom Kingston,​
13 Rob Horne,​
12 Tom Carter,​
11 Adam Ashley-Cooper, Atieli Pakalani​
10 Berrick Barnes, Daniel Halangahu.​
9 Brendan McKibbin,​
8 Wycliff Palu, Lopeti Timani​
7 Chris Alcock,​
6 Dave Dennis,Elsom​
5 Kane Douglas,​
4 Dean Mumm,​
3 Sekope Kepu, Paddy Ryan​
2 Tatafu Polota-Nau, John Ulugia​
1 Benn Robinson. Tilse​

C

Cave Dweller

wycliff.jpg

I was shocked to hear the Wycliff Palu was a musician. lol Did not know he was part of the Fugees

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Apparently Foley aggravated a shoulder injury he had sustained earlier in the Rebels match when tackling Mitchell (IIRR) ' He is expected to be out 2-3 weeks.

Ryan's injury is more serious: he sustained a Lisfranc (mid-foot ligament) injury to his right foot. His recovery is anticipated to take at least six weeks, meaning his return is unlikely until after the international window.

Alcock had appendicitis. He is likely to be available for Rd. 11.

I'll put this in the injury thread also, and change the wiki for the injuries.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Except he didn't tackle Mitchell - more of speed bump. Is foley's tackling technique considered Kosher by the cognoscenti - cos he sure got squared up badly in that one?

Cyril Towers (30)
Except he didn't tackle Mitchell - more of speed bump. Is foley's tackling technique considered Kosher by the cognoscenti - cos he sure got squared up badly in that one?
His shoulder was already injured when he attempted that tackle. He did it quite early.

Status
Not open for further replies.