• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
League HQ was built in front of it.

Does it need street frontage? It's proximity to the training fields, stadium and the gym and treatment rooms it contains are far more important than street frontage arnt they?

I'm not sure people are wandering by seeing a sign for rugby teams and deciding to go in and spend some money.
No, it doesnt need frontage, but it's lack of it explains the wierd address.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
What was the deal with Alan Gaffney being member of the week on Sunday?

What will happen next home game? Brackin Karauria-Henry and Greg Peterson will do the high ball challenge at half time?

As I said to you at the game: "Wait -- what?!?"

We'll know something's really suspect if Mrs Berrick Barnes wins the HSBC flash for cash.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
No, it doesnt need frontage, but it's lack of it explains the wierd address.

Its so frigging agricultural. it just sounds like some sort of dodgy meeting place - and where do they put the sign that say this is the registered office of the Tahs...do they hang it from the boom gate?
They should have invented something: 221B baker Street has a ring to it.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'm sure Sydney FC and Roosters have the same sort of address.. it's really not a big deal. The front door is in the members car park with a big Waratahs sign over it.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
What was the deal with Alan Gaffney being member of the week on Sunday?

Yeah, it was strange that happening. Do you win a prize for being Member of the Week or is the warm fuzzing feeling you get for forking out $$$ and turning up to watch the Tahs considered enough?;)

All in all, you would think that someone at Tah HQ would have said this could be a conflict of interest for us to give this to Riff and best to err on the side of conservative and name someone that doesn't work for us.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Its so frigging agricultural. it just sounds like some sort of dodgy meeting place - and where do they put the sign that say this is the registered office of the Tahs...do they hang it from the boom gate?
They should have invented something: 221B baker Street has a ring to it.

Good to see your knee-jerk negative response to anything Waratahs extends to the bloody address.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
http://a6.sphotos.AK (Andrew Kellaway).fbcdn.net/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-ash4/485165_10150735814632144_10622282143_9902570_1204604374_n.jpg

Even though they're modelling the new jerseys to be used against the Bulls, this was apparently taken early in the season before Sitaleki got back from Japan.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Enduring the Rugby Club, I thought Kafer's comment on Berrick Barnes was telling.

He suggested that the runners outside Barnes weren't giving him decent/any options.

I tend to agree with the premise that a ball player can look pretty bad when his runners aren't giving him decent options and working hard enough for him off the ball. He showed the effort the Brumbies are doing as the counterpoint.

It maybe one of the reasons, Barnes looks so much better for the Wobs, he has players with a higher attacking work ethic around him

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I'm surprised we don't start Sarel, even on the wing. He's pretty handy there, I'd say more likely to break the line than Betham.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
that just photo just shows how tall Tilse is

So amusing it must be said to have a prominently seated pre-season-anointed Captain in the photo who's played, what, less than the equivalent of one game and we're at S15 Rnd 10+. And his injuries were known about pre-season.

Never in the history of professional Australian rugby has a player been so indulged, fawned over, over-promoted and over-tolerated when either not playing much or after long stretches of mediocre (national and S15) play, than The Rock. Shows the powers of a renaissance man; a man so loved and admired without the need for facts to justify it.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Enduring the Rugby Club, I thought Kafer's comment on Berrick Barnes was telling.

He suggested that the runners outside Barnes weren't giving him decent/any options.

I tend to agree with the premise that a ball player can look pretty bad when his runners aren't giving him decent options and working hard enough for him off the ball. He showed the effort the Brumbies are doing as the counterpoint.

It maybe one of the reasons, Barnes looks so much better for the Wobs, he has players with a higher attacking work ethic around him

fp, would you not agree that, after this many 2012 games, it's clear that the Gaffney/Bowen team-up as backs coaches has been at best highly disappointing, and, at worst, in its poor delivery, the core reason why the Tahs may have another season below their potential and aspiration?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
fp, would you not agree that, after this many 2012 games, it's clear that the Gaffney/Bowen team-up as backs coaches has been at best highly disappointing, and, at worst, in its poor delivery, the core reason why the Tahs may have another season below their potential and aspiration?

Yeah, the Tahs work damn hard in defense, but are too often lazy in attack. They simple don't give the ball player enough options. Good attacking sides have runners continually running good lines for the ball player to hit. They also get up and get into position ready to do it again and again. (attitude)

On the "excuse" side losing our best line runner in Mitchell and our best worker off the ball in Turner before firing a shot has not helped (and now out next best line runner in Foley)

Is this the coaches fault? Partly, more a recruitment issue to me actually

But I also blame the players, it is an attitude thing, chasing kicks, running lines, wanting the ball etc etc ie wanting to make that difference to me is the key.

Reactions: BPC

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Yeah, the Tahs work damn hard in defense, but are too often lazy in attack. They simple don't give the ball player enough options. Good attacking sides have runners continually running good lines for the ball player to hit. They also get up and get into position ready to do it again and again. (attitude)

On the "excuse" side losing our best line runner in Mitchell and our best worker off the ball in Turner before firing a shot has not helped (and now out next best line runner in Foley)

Is this the coaches fault? Partly, more a recruitment issue to me actually

But I also blame the players, it is an attitude thing, chasing kicks, running lines, wanting the ball etc etc ie wanting to make that difference to me is the key.

Pretty hard to blame those injurys on recruitment, Mitchell was expected back and had complications, Turner went down in ore season and barnes week before last, they added AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), in terms of line running backs there recruitment is pretty good. Ad Rob HOrne (suspension) and we also have Kingston who has been one of our best, it's nit a recruitment problem at all.

The structure of the backs needs to change, whatever there going for in attack, it isn't working and they need to think there way out of it.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)

I agree with what Kafe said and in the clips he showed it was plain to see. But he selected to support his premise very well and didn't show how poor Barnes has been this year. His passing has been shocking with so many balls being behind the player or at their feet. Chicken/Egg, are the players static because Barnes is not putting the ball in front of them on the move or is Barnes struggling to pass to static players standing so very deep. Then to his kicking from hand, as with so many Australian players his kicking from hand is just too inaccurate. Contrast with Steyn last night, his support players were always able to contest the ball whih never went too deep and territorial kicks invariably found the sideline or space. How many of Barnes kicks have done this. Very few this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.