• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Hmm that would be.... hang on! No Queenslanders are allowed a say in our captain, otherwise we'd all sugest Rocket Rod for you guys...

Rod Laver? Sure, he is a living legend of a tennis player, but at his age, making a play at rugby? That's a bit bold!

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Sorry guys, you're both wrong. I was referring to Rodger Ramjet's half brother. I can't believe how silly you guys are! Although his reliance on 'proton' pills to give him extra get up and go might cause a few hiccups come drug testing time.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Pat McCutcheon even travelled with the team to Christchurch as 23rd man with some close to the team thinking Link was going to debut Cutch in the final ahead of Beau.

I don't get it. The article you linked to was about the Chiefs in 2010 in the regular season. What's that got to do with the last Tahs' final in Christchurch in 2008? Pat McCutcheon wasn't around then, but his older brother was, hence why I tried to correct you. The Tahs played a final in Newlands in 2010, not Christchurch. I am majorly, majorly confused.

edit: BTW, that Tahs final in Newlands in 2010, had Pat Cutch at 6, yes, but Robinson didn't play for the Tahs in 2010. The only time a Cutch was close to playing for the Tahs when Beau was there was when a middle Cutch brother was in the Tahs development squad. Hence my utter confusion!

edit2: Ah, read the article and you're right, it does say that. I am astounded that a 21 year old Pat McCutcheon would be selected over his older brother - my memory was that it was his older brother who was selected to go, not Pat. But there you go, apparently.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
edit2: Ah, read the article and you're right, it does say that. I am astounded that a 21 year old Pat McCutcheon would be selected over his older brother - my memory was that it was his older brother who was selected to go, not Pat. But there you go, apparently.

Self-burn!

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Self-burn!

Yup. I thought that Lachlan McCutcheon was a better play before he was a bit more developed back then, but Pat always had more potential. But someone who remembers how the brothers played back in 2007/8 might be able to correct me. Can anyone remember who played more for Sydney Fleet - Lachlan or Pat?

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Yup. I thought that Lachlan McCutcheon was a better play before he was a bit more developed back then, but Pat always had more potential. But someone who remembers how the brothers played back in 2007/8 might be able to correct me. Can anyone remember who played more for Sydney Fleet - Lachlan or Pat?

Don't mention any ARC teams, it makes me sad and gives me heartburn!

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
I'm excited by the prospect rocky playing for/ possibly leading the tahs. Will do him a world of good physically I reckon. I mean,Does anyone remember when rocky was playing for the tahs/wobs last time how he used to walk onto the field and be obviously the most physically intimidating player? Particularly compared to players like jerome kaino and his other direct opponents? I miss that rocky. todays version is not as physically terrifying, smaller (to the tune of 6-7 kg apparently, looking at his old/new official stats) and less explosive.
personally I think this is part of the reason he isnt as dominant as i remember him to be. I think he is at his most effective when he has that international class athletic, physical, explosive presence to compliment his natural snarling, mongrel style of play.
hopefully the tahs beefcake factory cause him to do a Mowen and morph into the rocky that was such a key element for us in 2008 and is a Leinster folk hero

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'm excited by the prospect rocky playing for/ possibly leading the tahs. Will do him a world of good physically I reckon. I mean,Does anyone remember when rocky was playing for the tahs/wobs last time how he used to walk onto the field and be obviously the most physically intimidating player? Particularly compared to players like jerome kaino and his other direct opponents? I miss that rocky. todays version is not as physically terrifying, smaller (to the tune of 6-7 kg apparently, looking at his old/new official stats) and less explosive.
personally I think this is part of the reason he isnt as dominant as i remember him to be. I think he is at his most effective when he has that international class athletic, physical, explosive presence to compliment his natural snarling, mongrel style of play.
hopefully the tahs beefcake factory cause him to do a Mowen and morph into the rocky that was such a key element for us in 2008 and is a Leinster folk hero

I didn't realise he had changed much in weight... The other thing is there has been some suggestion that the tahs focus bulking up last season was a contributor to their high injury toll

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I didn't realise he had changed much in weight... The other thing is there has been some suggestion that the tahs focus bulking up last season was a contributor to their high injury toll

Dunno about that, I wonder how many of the test starters were in that program, Mowan, Dennis, Kepu & Fitzpatrick all seemed to beef up, but they were fine.

Guys like Robinson, Nau and the other Wobs wouldn't have got to training to January so there would have been no beef up programs for them.

While others like Palu were in rehab

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
who actually got injured due to a weights program?

TPN - concussions, someone falling on his leg at a ruck.
Barnes-concussion
Palu-Knee problem from before season
Mitchell - triped and dislocated ankle

im struggling to think of anyone that actually had problems related to conditioning?

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Hence why I wrote "there has been some suggestion..." I can't seem to justify the argument either

i know spiro got stuck into it before round one and suggested it would lead to injuries, his reasoning was qld would run them off there feet.
a few others got stuck in, but almost all the injuries where of an impact variety, you really couldnt say it had a negative effect.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
i know spiro got stuck into it before round one and suggested it would lead to injuries, his reasoning was qld would run them off there feet.
a few others got stuck in, but almost all the injuries where of an impact variety, you really couldnt say it had a negative effect.

Hahaha! worst prediction ever! I really enjoyed round 2 of the s15. Worth watching again...

[video=youtube;0Z-aNJ2ZuUI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z-aNJ2ZuUI[/video]

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)

That's hillarious. You ran rings around us in round two and couldn't physically domminate us in the return game.

Spiro, you idiot.:lmao:

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
That was probably the best Tahs game I've been to in 4 years of being a member and numerous casual games before that.

Status
Not open for further replies.