• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Basketball is actually a pretty good game, but it looks very different live than it does on the box. There is a lot more physicality about it, than a casual tv watcher might believe.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I didn't know much about Cheika until this year but he is impressive. I like he calls a spade a spade. He seems to have a fantastic down to earth manner. Strikes me as the type of bloke who would be good to have a beer at the pub with.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I didn't know much about Cheika until this year but he is impressive. I like he calls a spade a spade. He seems to have a fantastic down to earth manner. Strikes me as the type of bloke who would be good to have a beer at the pub with.
I particularly like that he seems to call it as he sees it and doesn't sugar coat it, even for the press.
For instance, he praised Lucas in one breath but in the next pointed out his errors.
I may be old fashioned but I think a little more of this at all levels of the game would deflate a few egos and maybe lessen the number of off field indiscretions we see, albeit that most of them come from what might be termed a narrow band of the usual suspects.
It might also cause blokes to evaluate their total contribution on the field, rather than basking in the accolades stemming from the good things they have done: driving them to want improvement always.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
I was excited for the Blues game, and now that excitement has carried over to this weekend. If the Tahs play like they did last week and the Force the week before, it should be close.

What is it about the Tahs and afternoon games that I like so much?

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
I think that Chieka looks like he should have (or just had) a beer in one hand and a meat pie in the other (standard rugby fare).

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I particularly like that he seems to call it as he sees it and doesn't sugar coat it, even for the press.
For instance, he praised Lucas in one breath but in the next pointed out his errors.
I may be old fashioned but I think a little more of this at all levels of the game would deflate a few egos and maybe lessen the number of off field indiscretions we see, albeit that most of them come from what might be termed a narrow band of the usual suspects.
It might also cause blokes to evaluate their total contribution on the field, rather than basking in the accolades stemming from the good things they have done: driving them to want improvement always.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It was interesting to hear the post match interviews. Tahs coach and captain both acknowledged whilst happy with the result they needed to improve in several areas.
Contrast that to the Force, where both the coach and captain hardly acknowledged the defeat and concentrated almost totally on spinning positives. The captain even stating that they demonstrated for a period in the 2nd half,that they were one of the best teams in the comp!
The coach confirming he was happy the way the season is progressing.(1 out of 6?)
Which team has the most improvement in them do you think?

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
It was interesting to hear the post match interviews. Tahs coach and captain both acknowledged whilst happy with the result they needed to improve in several areas.
Contrast that to the Force, where both the coach and captain hardly acknowledged the defeat and concentrated almost totally on spinning positives. The captain even stating that they demonstrated for a period in the 2nd half,that they were one of the best teams in the comp!
The coach confirming he was happy the way the season is progressing.(1 out of 6?)
Which team has the most improvement in them do you think?
The thing I'm liking about the Tahs this season is they are behaving like the Brumbies and Chiefs did last year, the Reds the year before, ect.
They have a plan, they know what they're doing and they want to win. All the people crying out that Kurtley Beale is required don't realise just how good the team is now, and how they are on the path to being finalists, maybe even champions.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
It is on of the reasons why Foley had to go from the Tahs.

The Force are playing the exact same game as the Tahs last year with the same results. It shouldn't surprise anybody, risk free rugby will get you close, most of the time. I guarantee that sooner or later somebody will point to the percentages and say that Foley has done well with the Force to have them lose so closely so often given the injuries and playing roster. Sound familiar?

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
It's amazing that Foley thinks the team with the best stats wins the game.
Someone tell him that having 10+ phases with pick and go's that gain 1 metre do not add anything to the scoreboard.
Winning the field position stats is not a tangible thing. Someone should explain that when a team scores a converted try, they are not losing field position they are gaining 7 fu**ing points!

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
It's amazing that Foley thinks the team with the best stats wins the game.
Someone tell him that having 10+ phases with pick and go's that gain 1 metre do not add anything to the scoreboard.
Winning the field position stats is not a tangible thing. Someone should explain that when a team scores a converted try, they are not losing field position they are gaining 7 fu**ing points!

Unfortunately this is the mindset of Foley. Perhaps Hickey and Foley actually convinced themselves that mountains of meaningless statistics prove something.

He may or may not be good coach of scrums and forward play, but as a head coach 1 from 6 is his level. No one who has watched the Waratahs regularly over the past 4 years should be surprised with how the Force are playing. When you sit back and have a look, they have quite a bit of talent there, but playing that type of rugby doesn't cut it on dry, fast grounds. I'd be surprised if it converts too many Perth residents to the cause either.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
The confusing part is that they poached Foley from the Waratahs. Or did the Tahs bait them into taking him? I'm not sure, but on this Easter weekend I'm thankful for His miracles.

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)
The confusing part is that they poached Foley from the Waratahs. Or did the Tahs bait them into taking him? I'm not sure, but on this Easter weekend I'm thankful for His miracles.
In much the same way the Rebels baited the Tahs into taking Phipps off their hands?!!!

ShtinaTina

Alex Ross (28)
I was rather amused with Foley's presser answers. The man has not changed his mindset whatsoever. Eternally optimistic failing to see their short comings.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
I was rather amused with Foley's presser answers. The man has not changed his mindset whatsoever. Eternally optimistic failing to see their short comings.

How any coach can come out after his side lost with 65ish% possession of the pill and give those answers needs serious questions asked. Imagine Cheika had seen his side lose with large amounts of possession and territory, there'd be hell unleashed!

Status
Not open for further replies.