• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
I actually have no issue with a bit of silence over at Moore Park, they should just ban anyone talking to grumbles or do what the Eels just did.

They worked out who was passing on all the negative stuff, fed him a false story. It was passed on and they then sacked the guy
The Waratahs have got into the extraordinary mess they're in largely because incompetence remained hidden within a cone of silence. Growden is a rumour monger who is used by various people to push their agendas, but in the present situation he has been able to shine light on things that go to the heart of why the Waratahs are so comprehensively under-performing.

Corruption and incompetence flourish in the dark.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
The Waratahs have got into the extraordinary mess they're in largely because incompetence remained hidden within a cone of silence. Growden is a rumour monger who is used by various people to push their agendas, but in the present situation he has been able to shine light on things that go to the heart of why the Waratahs are so comprehensively under-performing.

Corruption and incompetence flourish in the dark.

True dat, but clowns airing their agendas via tame journos doesn't help anything.

I was always a fan of robust argument, a decision made and everyone works towards that decision

So, to me, Kearn's statements are unacceptable (he is on the "rugby" comitee) he should shut the f*ck up in public about who he favours and just get it done

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Yeah, the problem with the public chatter from within the Tahs is that it's actually obscuring things and pushing agendas, not aiding a clear airing of the issues.

mjw

Larry Dwyer (12)
True dat, but clowns airing their agendas via tame journos doesn't help anything.

I was always a fan of robust argument, a decision made and everyone works towards that decision

So, to me, Kearn's statements are unacceptable (he is on the "rugby" comitee) he should shut the f*ck up in public about who he favours and just get it done
As for Kearns, don't you have to be on the board to be on the rugby committee?

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
I may have it wrong, he is on a "rugby advisory committee"
Is it the same one? dunno

Him and Kafe were called in as consultants and had two meetings, the last in late June. He isn't employed by the Tahs. His agenda is his opinion which as an employee of foxtel he is payed to give.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
I blame Kafe.

Has anyone given any thought to the possibility that all of the stuff ups at Driver Avenue could be due to some idiot inviting Kafe inside the tent where he has played an agent provocateur role by making the most absurd suggestions which our local geniuses took at face value?

Talk about a fox in the hen coop!

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
The problem with Kafe giving consulting is he brings his chalkboard along, tells them where they have been going wrong then when he is asked what they should do....

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I was just lookingf at the Reds 2013 forum and they are talking EPS possibilities. Anyone want to throw up any possible names for the NSW EPS

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Alcock apparently granted a release as well. Expected to sign with the force.

McCutcheon and Jono Jenkins would be pretty happy with this. Me, I'm not sure giving away Alcock is a top idea.

Those Force guys really like to corner the market on backrowers.

mjw

Larry Dwyer (12)
McCutcheon and Jono Jenkins would be pretty happy with this. Me, I'm not sure giving away Alcock is a top idea.

Those Force guys really like to corner the market on backrowers.
I thought Jenkins was moving on. Never mind. Will be sorry to see Alcock go but I am happy Tahs have Hooper. And when will Tahs release one of their halfbacks?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
It's probably for the best with Hooper and Cutch on the books. Really like Alcock though.
I have him ahead of mccutcheon.
Is mccutcheon completely over his horrific leg injury? Is this a matter that,would even occur to the tahs?
If they have no coach who is deciding which players should be released? How do they know what the new coach (whoever he or she may be) thinks of this 3 way contest?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
It's probably for the best with Hooper and Cutch on the books. Really like Alcock though.

Alcock's missed tackle on Shipperley, after Carter's brain-snap advice to McKibbin, against the Reds in round 1 were HUGE black marks for mine. Big enough to have their cards marked.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Alcock's missed tackle on Shipperley, after Carter's brain-snap advice to McKibbin, against the Reds in round 1 were HUGE black marks for mine. Big enough to have their cards marked.

Are you saying that a player can be significantly marked down for missing ONE tackle?

Alcock has been bloody good this year. He will be a big loss, and the Force have made a very good acquisition.

Status
Not open for further replies.