• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Alcock's missed tackle on Shipperley, after Carter's brain-snap advice to McKibbin, against the Reds in round 1 were HUGE black marks for mine. Big enough to have their cards marked.

likewise Dave Dennis in his incredibly lazy effort in that same 'tackle'?

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
likewise Dave Dennis in his incredibly lazy effort in that same 'tackle'?

Actually, Shipperley was Horne's man, not Alcock's, if I remember correctly. It went a drifting Alcock, Horne, plus another defender outside Horne, vs a lone Shipperley, who was lined up on Horne. Horne lazily allowed Shipperley to run inside of him, and Alcock couldn't drift enough and missed a diving tackle.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
If we started marking cards in Australian rugby for lazy tackling attempts, Cooper would never have gotten a game to begin with.

Nice cheap shot, but you completely missed the point. I understood Noddy's point to be more than you can't give black marks for just one tackle, as Dennis was good for the rest of the season.

Cheap shot back: if black marks were being given for laziness this season, Kepu, Robinson, TPN, Timani would all be out of the Wallabies straight away, including many performances that would shame Higgers. The first thing the new Tahs coach needs to fix is their conditioning and laziness of the forwards, especially in the latter half of the season.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Nice cheap shot, but you completely missed the point. I understood Noddy's point to be more than you can't give black marks for just one tackle, as Dennis was good for the rest of the season.

Cheap shot back: if black marks were being given for laziness this season, Kepu, Robinson, TPN, Timani would all be out of the Wallabies straight away, including many performances that would shame Higgers. The first thing the new Tahs coach needs to fix is their conditioning and laziness of the forwards, especially in the latter half of the season.

The Tahs conditioning has already been addressed. It's a shame. The under conditioned Tahs front row weren't surpassed by any f the other "better conditioned" Australian front rows. You can't coach class.

Don't think I missed the point all.

Edit for ash: people are calling for players to be marked due to a single non effort, I was referring to the fact that given time, players such as cooper can improve then we should stand by them. (I apologies for saying it in a baiting way!)

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
The Tahs conditioning has already been addressed. It's a shame. The under conditioned Tahs front row weren't surpassed by any f the other "better conditioned" Australian front rows. You can't coach class.

Don't think I missed the point at all. People took a shot at my team and I caught the bullet, put it on a hook and realed in a whopper.

Seriously, WJ, you need to contribute more than only admittedly openly trying to bait people and taking cheap, pathetic pot shots at other people's teams.

The tone of this forum is getting increasing frustrating and nasty, and posting behaviour like that at this time is just bringing it down. If you think it's funny, then fine, go elsewhere with your trolling at the moment.

It's been a long time since you've contributed much more than snide, petty remarks about anything not involving your team. And you're not alone there.

I think this should go for the entire forum: stop with the continual stupid baiting for anything not your team. It's repetitive and stupid, and increasingly annoying and frustrating.

And I'm pretty sure I am not the only one that feels this way.

Here's a hint for all the rabid one-eyed fans on this board (and you know who you are): for the next few weeks, if you are going to post, AND it is just negative without justification or a troll/bait, AND it is not about the team/player from the team you support, then don't post it.

I suggest you start by deleting your petty Quade Cooper post above, WJ.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Sorry, I forget that calling out reds players the same way Tahs players are called out is petty.

Sorry, I didn't realize that in a thread where people have said that one defensive effort should result in a black mark against that player that saying if that was the case a player such as cooper who has given (proven, would you like me to make a video?) several non heart defensive efforts wouldn't have been allowed the game time necessary to develop.

Sorry that your opinion of me is that I don't contribute.

But most of all I'm sorry you have decided to paint me and several others with a brush that is completely personal and unessasary. If you actually bothered to read my contributions I would actually feel personally attacked by your assumptions.

It's a shame the self justified on this forum don't actually read other opinion as anything other than slander or petty point getting.

The back and forth between people on here like slim, jiggles and myself is at times over the top. It is also tounge in cheek and non threatening. Its fine if it gets out of hand to ask for it to be reeled in but to suggest that because of it people like myself don't contribute to discussion is such an over the top unessasary statement, i actually think you might need to turn your judgement on yourself.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
WJ; the problem is the petty point scoring from you, Jiggles, and so on. I can name several Reds supporters, Tahs supporters, and the odd Brumby supporter whose main contributions on anything not related to their teams are one line remarks that are either snide, or outright bait. And it's not just between you guys, it's also targetted at regular posters.

The brush is not personal or unnecessary. It should apply to all those who wish to push either the same old tired points or cheap shots in one liners that are designed to bait or otherwise. It's not clever, it's not witty. It is bringing down the tone and making this a damn frustrating place to be.

There's a limit as to how many of them can be tolerated, and you guys are collectively way, way over the line right now. I seriously feel for the moderators currently, the last few months have not been enjoyable and you really are not helping.

To restate: the problem is not the odd tongue in cheek remark or one liner. It's the fact that it's a continual stream of them from the same group of people.

All you will do is make the moderators start really stepping in, which starts making the place less enjoyable for others as they now become moderated, and will end in bans for those responsible.

And your attempt to try to push it back onto me is not appreciated.

I will restate my request, and you can bet it applies to Jiggles, et al: if you are posting something negative without justification over anything you don't support, don't do it. Take it elsewhere.

I will talk to some moderators about a general warning and see what they think.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
To add: you guys contribute positively to discussion about your own teams (Reds, Tahs, whoever). It's appreciated.

It's the combination of volume and frequency and tone of the other contributions that is causing the problem.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
To quote yourself.

you completely missed the point.

wanting something one way doesn't make your way right.

As I said if I pushed things to far I apologize.

Marginalizing others contributions as nothing because you don't like it is over the top. I don't expect an apology though.

The mods do a good job.

There is a place for fun amongst discussion. Can I perhaps suggest if you don't like certain peoples contributions you simply don't engage them, or if you feel the need simply present your side of the debate rather than inform them they are not welcome to have their own.

- just to ad to your last point ash, I don't actually contribute much outside threads about my own team as I have been personally attacked rather than my opinions noted whenever I have done so. The snipes you remark are made in relation to discussion about my own team.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Imagine what the forum traffic would be like when Tom Carter retires or moves on to greener pastures.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Seriously, the banter, sledging, point scoring thats taking place - it reflects in our on field performances.
I have seen 2 "teams" of late - the reds and the ponys - my view only and each profince has done it differently but they now have there supporters on side and are positive in their direction. As a Tah's supporter - yeah I'm jealous.
But for fucks sake 2 examples have been set - lets try and fix it.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
To quote yourself.

wanting something one way doesn't make your way right.

As I said if I pushed things to far I apologize.

Marginalizing others contributions as nothing because you don't like it is over the top. I don't expect an apology though.

The mods do a good job.

There is a place for fun amongst discussion. Can I perhaps suggest if you don't like certain peoples contributions you simply don't engage them, or if you feel the need simply present your side of the debate rather than inform them they are not welcome to have their own.

- just to ad to your last point ash, I don't actually contribute much outside threads about my own team as I have been personally attacked rather than my opinions noted whenever I have done so. The snipes you remark are made in relation to discussion about my own team.
I'm going to defend WJ despite the fact that I don't agree with just about anything he says.
I would have thought he's one of the least petty people on here: sure he's blind to the faults of the Tahs but loyalty isn't a sin. Neither is being wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.