• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
I'm going to defend WJ despite the fact that I don't agree with just about anything he says.
I would have thought he's one of the least petty people on here: sure he's blind to the faults of the Tahs but loyalty isn't a sin. Neither is being wrong!

Hahaha.
One of your best. Love it.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Are we still allowed to make snide one-liners about our own team? Because, really, that's one of the few pleasures in being a Tahs fan right now.

I think there has been too many snide one-liners in the forum for a little while now. Whats more, it seems to be a bit of an arms race. Its becoming harder and harder to find posts that say something worth reading (i.e. is constructive or insightful), and it discourages people from posting.

P

Paradox

WJ is great. He's the type of bloke you need (when the whistles blows) to jump out of the trench and run at a machine gun. Metaphorically speaking of course.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I think there has been too many snide one-liners in the forum for a little while now. Whats more, it seems to be a bit of an arms race. Its becoming harder and harder to find posts that say something worth reading (i.e. is constructive or insightful), and it discourages people from posting.

It encouraged you to post.

In all seriousness though outside of the schoolboys forum I feel we have constructive discussions on here the lion's share of the time.

Richo

John Thornett (49)

If I was out with a bunch of mates and no one cracked any jokes all night, I'd be looking for new mates. But I can see your point of view.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Waratahs 2012 gala awards tomorrow. Surely Dave Dennis must be a lock for the Matt Burke cup. It could be a very short awards night. Heard a few whispers some rumor about the coach may be leaked in the lead up.
Dennis should win every award going: imagine that WJ? We agreed on something!
I guess that means Dennis is stuffed because we can't both be right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
All the talk has been that when things were going bad half way through the season that foley and Webb tried to get Gaffney sacked. So no wonder gaffneythinks it didn't work.

In other gaffney news. He has appointed McCutcheon club captain, a position that is off field and separate from match day captain.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
All the talk has been that when things were going bad half way through the season that foley and Webb tried to get Gaffney sacked. So no wonder gaffneythinks it didn't work.

In other gaffney news. He has appointed McCutcheon club captain, a position that is off field and separate from match day captain.
which club?
Please dont say the tahs ( unless I've missed gaffney's appointment as head honcho).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

It was from a question about his role (as mentor?) and whether there was some conflict as to who was the backs coach

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Wallabies forward Dave Dennis has received further recognition of his breakout year by winning the Matthew Burke Cup, the NSW Waratahs' Players' Player of the Super Rugby season.

Flanker Dennis was a shining light in a dark season for NSW, with his consistently good form earning him a Test call-up in June.

After going uncapped on a couple of Spring tours, 26-year-old Dennis started on his Test debut against Scotland and came off the bench in each of the three internationals against Scotland.

He polled 245 points, 47 clear of No.8 Wycliff Palu, who won the best forward award.
A third Wallaby forward, hooker Tatafu Polota-Nau, was another five points back and won the inaugural members' choice player of the year award.

Utility Adam Ashley-Cooper was the highest placed back in fourth spot and was named best back.
Exciting young back Bernard Foley won the Chris Whitaker Aspiring Waratah award and flanker Pat McCutcheon took out the Waratah Medal for on and off-field excellence.

McCutcheon, who was sidelined by injury for much of the year, has been appointed to a new club captain position, an off-field role for the Waratahs, who are still looking for a replacement coach for Michael Foley, who resigned last week.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/dennis-wins-waratahs-rugby-award-20120808-23uxm.html

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Cutch has obviously done a lot of word off-field, both to get his leg right, and get the award. Hopefully this sets an example of greatness for the rest of the team (and management) to follow.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Gaffney has been appointed interim coach.
Why would anyone agree to empower an interim coach to appoint anyone to a long term role?
Absolutely ridiculous: either the position is meaningless, in which case why have it? or it means something in which case the permanent head coach needs to have the say on who gets appointed to what.
The dysfunction continues!

Status
Not open for further replies.