• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I wouldn't be signing Sam Lane yet. I'd risk missing out on him on the basis that I'd want to see him get through a season without doing his knee again.

I'm worried enough about having Damien Fitzpatrick on the books considering how badly burnt we got by signing injured/injury prone players in 2012.

W

What2040

I wouldn't be signing Sam Lane yet. I'd risk missing out on him on the basis that I'd want to see him get through a season without doing his knee again.

I'm worried enough about having Damien Fitzpatrick on the books considering how badly burnt we got by signing injured/injury prone players in 2012.

The lad was captain of the 20's and looked toward a stellar career. Injuries have f...... him the last couple - hope he recovers properly and takes his spot in Tahs lineup

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I just don't understand why Super teams are so willing to sign injury prone youngsters with a career long battle to get themselves on the park when there are so many middle of the career players (26-28) playing Shute Shield who would be solid (maybe even better than that) if given the shot at a higher level.

In Australia we have the notion that if they're not in the professional season from age 18 they aren't worth it.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
I just don't understand why Super teams are so willing to sign injury prone youngsters

In Australia we have the notion that if they're not in the professional season from age 18 they aren't worth it.

At 18 years of age how do you know if they are injury prone?
The horse may have bolted if they are not attached to a Super team.
I'm hearing you, yes, but it is the sport we play. It's a contact sport and people get injured.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Sounds like Drew Mitchell could be underdone heading into next year.

He really needs to be 100% fit before playing again. Not 90 or 95%, but 100. HE really is cursed by injury and there's no need to rush this rehab.

T

TOCC

I just don't understand why Super teams are so willing to sign injury prone youngsters with a career long battle to get themselves on the park when there are so many middle of the career players (26-28) playing Shute Shield who would be solid (maybe even better than that) if given the shot at a higher level.

Because the professional sports scene in Australia is so competitive, that if a player hasn't been identified as worthy of a contract by the time he is 25, then realistically he probably isn't..
Exceptions to this case been in the likes of Cadryn Neville who switched over from another sport.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'll be devastated if Mitchell never gets back to his best. He was world class at his best and it all fell apart from one freak injury. My thoughts are with him. That said it's an amazing testament to his ability that he can make it back into the wallabies on such little game time. The kid's got skill.

T

tranquility

Who is Tom Alexander? Is he that development rower / swimming bloke? Surely Hollaway is ahead of him. But sure, sign whoever the hell you want just not Browning, and try not to sign Sam Lane either.

Why is Peterson not worth persisting with? I haven't been following his progress at all..

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Tom Alexander is Ben's brother who is a lock playing for Eastwood. He spent some time with London Irish last year. He's a very good player worthy of a shot, has a high workrate and capable of playing 6/8. He's been one of Eastwood's best this year, had an excellent game against a Uni pack recently.

IMO it would go Alexander > Holloway > Peterson

T

tranquility

Tom Alexander is Ben's brother who is a lock playing for Eastwood. He spent some time with London Irish last year. He's a very good player worthy of a shot, has a high workrate and capable of playing 6/8. He's been one of Eastwood's best this year, had an excellent game against a Uni pack recently.

IMO it would go Alexander > Holloway > Peterson

Thanks for that, very interesting.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Just read the Drew Mitchell said he could be out for up to a year. Feel really sorry for the guy, very unlucky with injuries.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Feel sorry for drew, guy is such a good ambassador for the game, deserves some luck.

Hard road to for McCutch who is coming back from the same injury, hopefully he doesn't have the same issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.