• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I don't believe for a second that the Waratahs would be interested in Marshall and I'm a staunch Wests Tigers fan. The salary demands and the style of player he is are totally out of kilter with what Cheika has shown he is after.

I can certainly see the appeal of him for the Blues. It would definitely be a gamble but undoubtedly he'd put a significant number of bums on seats in Auckland.

T

Train Without a Station

I would hope so, you talk to plenty trying to find the diamonds and talking is free

Well said. Doesn't hurt to look. As a Reds fan I hope we are looking at anybody of ability that is interested.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Backline for next year?

9. Phipps
10. Foley
11. Betham
12. Horne
13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14. Folau
15. Beale

21. Lucas
22. Lance
23. Crawford

Who else have we signed? Anyone got an updated contracted list for 2014 and beyond?

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Backline for next year?

9. Phipps
10. Foley
11. Betham
12. Horne
13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14. Folau
15. Beale

21. Lucas
22. Lance
23. Crawford

Who else have we signed? Anyone got an updated contracted list for 2014 and beyond?

Whilst that backline looks awesome, it still lacks a 85-90% goal kicker, Beale and Foley are probably 75% at best and I think unless they do a massive amount of practice over the off season we could find ourselves in a similar ladder position next season.

I'm pretty sure in rugby unions eyes he'd be a fair dinkum Aussie, he's been living here since before he finished school.

He had to declare for the Wallabies for an ARU top up which he wasn't willing to do so that canned any deal, assuming there was one in the first place.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
OK .....

So the squad for next season, what have I missed?

Paddy Ryan
Sekope Kepu
Benn Robinson
Jeremy Tilse

John Ulugia
Tatafu Polota Nau
Damien Fitzpatrick
Luke Holmes

Sitaleki Timani
Will Skelton
Kane Douglas
Ollie Atkins
Mitchell Chapman ??
Jed Holloway
Greg Peterson ??

Dave Dennis
Michael Hooper
Pat McCutcheon
Wycliff Palu
Lopeti Timani
Talalelei Gray

Matt Lucas
Brendan McKibbin
Grayson Hart
Nic Phipps

Bernard Foley
Ben Volavola

Jono Lance
Berrick Barnes
Adam Ashley-Cooper

Rob Horne
Tom Carter

Peter Betham
Lachie Turner
Michael Hodge ??
Tom Kingston
Drew Mitchell

Israel Folau
Cam Crawford

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
He had to declare for the Wallabies for an ARU top up which he wasn't willing to do so that canned any deal, assuming there was one in the first place.

Couldn't he be an international marquee if he didn't declare for Aus? Then he wouldn't be limited by the salary cap?

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
Couldn't he be an international marquee if he didn't declare for Aus? Then he wouldn't be limited by the salary cap?

As far as I understand it, he wouldn't even need to be an international marquee if he satisfies the residence requirement and hasn't yet played for the All Blacks or the Junior All Blacks.

However, the ARU probably wouldn't cough up any coin to see him come over if he wasn't interested in playing for the Wallabies which would probably mean he'd need to take a pay cut to come to Rugby.

T

TOCC

Unless Benji is signed in the position of a foreign marquee player he needs to declare himself elegible for the Wallabies..

The ARU won't offer a top-up for a foreign marquee player, thus the Tahs won't be able to afford him.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Beale has officially been let go by the Rebels, I guess we'll be announcing his signing for the next season soon.

Epi

Dave Cowper (27)
If Beale goes to the tahs he won't be 15 if Izzy is there's. That was one of Dean's many mistakes...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.