• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
That's the thing. How do you get the food and beverages to the purchaser without disturbing other patrons or avoiding the inevitable spillage? Can't imagine fans would be too impressed if someone dropped/spilt their order before it got to them. Even worse if the order lands on a person => who pays for the damage or, worst case, injury?

A couple of years ago a girl a couple of rows in front of me spilled some beer on someone else, which looked to me like a genuine accident, she certainly wasn't drunk. The woman who suffered the spillage took umbrage and the staff threw the girl out.

What happens when its a delivery boy who spills the beer over someone?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
American sports arenas have managed to sell food and drinks in the seating areas for decades. I doubt these are insurmountable problems.
American sports have more stoppages than even the Cheetahs front row require.
Couldn't they use a drone to deliver them?

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
if this turns out to be true I will be booking my 2014 membrship now

"The Sydney Cricket Ground Trust "is taking steps to get fans back to the game with a number of innovations, including a new smart phone app that will allow fans to order their food and beverages then have it delivered to their seats." Major stadiums "are taking up the challenge to fill empty seats." Soon at the SCG and Allianz "you will be able to order food and beverages from your seat via your mobile phone." The SCG "has successfully completed trials and the app is almost ready to go." SCG Trust CEO Jamie Barkley said, "It's a game-changing approach to spectator attendance at NRL games. We are about delivering the ultimate fan experience." "
Removing the need for drinkers to get up from their seats might cause locals to begin emulating female Mungo fans at Suncorp who are known to become so engrossed in the play that nothing will cause them to miss a minute of the game:

Queenslanders, beautiful one minute; bare-arsed the next.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Removing the need for drinkers to get up from their seats might cause locals to begin emulating female Mungo fans at Suncorp who are known to become so engrossed in the play that nothing will cause them to miss a minute of the game:

Queenslanders, beautiful one minute; bare-arsed the next.
We can get a drone for that too.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Bruce there is probably an app for that as well.

Phone reception is often quite poor at test matches and footy games. Could be waiting a while for the beers and food if they don't improve the phone coverage.

I'd like it if there was an app that allowed us to hear the commentary, ref etc at a game. Not a fan of sports ear.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Here's a crazy idea - how about selling beers in a sealed container? (been done before)

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Here's a crazy idea - how about selling beers in a sealed container? (been done before)
How would that work?
I have hired 2 unpaid interns:
WW28SEP2011.jpg

JT0406

Allen Oxlade (6)
Just watching the chiefs vs highlanders match and if you have a chance to watch the replay. Fast forward the game to the 71mins 37 seconds - 73rd min (or there abouts) and you will see an extradionary set of broken play (& attacking mindset) from two opposing teams which pretty much (in my humble opinion) confirms the Tahs lack of attacking mindset, ill even go as far as to say Aus Rugby to that manner.

Basic fundamentals of playing what is in front of you and running rugby is a brillant thing to watch when the whole team is in sync (second time possession for the Chiefs).

Come on Tahs let's make it happen!

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
if this turns out to be true I will be booking my 2014 membrship now

"The Sydney Cricket Ground Trust "is taking steps to get fans back to the game with a number of innovations, including a new smart phone app that will allow fans to order their food and beverages then have it delivered to their seats." Major stadiums "are taking up the challenge to fill empty seats." Soon at the SCG and Allianz "you will be able to order food and beverages from your seat via your mobile phone." The SCG "has successfully completed trials and the app is almost ready to go." SCG Trust CEO Jamie Barkley said, "It's a game-changing approach to spectator attendance at NRL games. We are about delivering the ultimate fan experience." "

If it is anything like Suncorp phone reception during games is non-existent. Suck them in with promises then make them have to get it themselves anyway.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
If it is anything like Suncorp phone reception during games is non-existent. Suck them in with promises then make them have to get it themselves anyway.

Even if it keeps a few suckers out of the beer queue I'm all for it.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Why not have have staff walking the aisles selling beers? It's common in us sports and everyone's a winner.

Happy that AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) has resigned. Interesting that he is one of the first, wonder if that's at his or Chiekas instigation?

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Why not have have staff walking the aisles selling beers? It's common in us sports and everyone's a winner.

Happy that AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) has resigned. Interesting that he is one of the first, wonder if that's at his or Chiekas instigation?

Yes, would certainly mean the end of those bloody queues at half time.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)

This was mentioned in the Grumbles Growden thread.

Most likely, when you look at the Tahs who started for the Wallabies last year. TPN copped his share of knocks during the international season and kept getting starts. I remember being surprised that Squeaky Moore didn't start more often last year.

No surprise if he, or any Tah, isn't treated well. Tahs HQ are not renowned for their management of the organisation, just look at how they allowed so many player contracts to conclude at the same time.

Very sad if he was to leave Australian rugby as he is one of the players who appears to do a lot of work to engage with community rugby.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I just couldn't understand Dean's thinking process of starting TPN over Moore in every test (sans Scotland) last year.......

Moore was undoubtedly in much better form (and had been for the two years prior) and yet couldn't get a start when he was fit during the Welsh series.....

After being awarded MOTM against Scotland........

And add to that TPN not always being 100%..........

Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb.........

Status
Not open for further replies.