• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
I was indicating that we should close it down at one minute past midnight.

This is going the same way as all the other similar threads that do not serve the sport well - nor often, the players; certainly not, the forum.

Right or wrong some of us are like those who are fascinated by the behaviour of Hollywood stars and/or who they are shagging.

We can't help ourselves.
I think it is appropriate for a forum discussion. Not so much the attacking the player but at some point we will discuss the merits of player a v player b for a spot in a team and this type of thing is a factor in deciding who should represent the country as captain of a team.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
New Tahs jerseys:

Away:

141223011237442410.jpg

Charity:

14122301124066658.jpg

The home jersey will be the same, right? Boriiiiing

Sheesh! Let's hope they didn't change the home jersey if that's the direction they've gone. Those are both fugly...

TBH I was hoping the Tahs jersey would get a few minor tweaks in the style of the new Irish and English jerseys collar wise (a white minor collar is all they really needed to add).

Seriously though, what is with CCC's design department? That's awful.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
Each to their own I guess. Charity jersey is alright, but they both kinda look more like training gear I reckon...

Still, would like to know why CCC didn't give the 'Tahs jersey the same treatment it gave to the national sides up north.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I'm still wating for one of the Aussie franchises to come out with a way out, whacky design for their away jersey a la some of the Top 14 away strips.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
I'm still wating for one of the Aussie franchises to come out with a way out, whacky design for their away jersey a la some of the Top 14 away strips.

A pink ladies day strip - and why not a ladies day, given ground layout and market they'd struggle to compete to do it like the clubs. But challenge me, it would be great if they had a crack at it as in club land it is a weekend the clubs look forward to.

Reactions: Tip

Qsource

Frank Row (1)
Ahh, forgot about betham. Still would love to see a bit of more of taqele, he has enormous potential especially with checkia and Gibson hopefully grooming him in the offseason

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Ahh, forgot about betham. Still would love to see a bit of more of taqele, he has enormous potential especially with checkia and Gibson hopefully grooming him in the offseason

I think we'll see a fair bit of both Kellaway and Naiyaravoro in 2015.

Last year an excellent performance in the trials by Alofa and an injuyry to Betham ended up earning Alofa a starting spot all season.

Easy to foresee something similar happening for either of those guys this year.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
'cept Naiyaravoro's positional play in defence is clueless

It should hopefully improve quite rapidly though.

He's very inexperienced as far as rugby goes so his development in a professional environment should be quite rapid at least to begin with. Hopefully this season he develops the defensive side of his game so he's in a position to make tackles.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I saw a big improvement in the NRC. The fact remains he's a wrecking ball on the wing if given space. Nadolo is just as poor defensively and probably tuns slower.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I saw a big improvement in the NRC. The fact remains he's a wrecking ball on the wing if given space. Nadolo is just as poor defensively and probably tuns slower.

Well you can never tell with injuries and I'm no fan of Betham's but he and Horne are test players.
The only time I saw him play NRC - in the very heavy rain at Coogee - he was actually worse than he'd been in the brief time he had in s15: but IIRC that was the first game so I'll go with your impression until I see otherwise.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I was there, he was terrible in that match (as were the Rams) but like you say if that's the only match you saw.. not fair to judge him. He was pretty unstoppable later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.