• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The Tahs will wear this jersey in their final home game against the Jaguares to recognise the strong connection the team has to the Pacific Islands.
DBw7pfxUQAA4hz1.jpg

DBw7pfzUAAAdXHB.jpg

William88

Syd Malcolm (24)
Outside the square a little, do people think Jed Holloway could slot in at lock? Opens up the chance for the abundance of backrowers we seem to have. He won't play Row for the wallabies, but he might be a potential option for NSW?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Outside the square a little, do people think Jed Holloway could slot in at lock? Opens up the chance for the abundance of backrowers we seem to have. He won't play Row for the wallabies, but he might be a potential option for NSW?

No

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Staniforth has genuine potential. McDulling is a journeyman, bench prospect at best, Toleafoa looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane, haven't seen enough of McCauley to comment. Looks like Ned will be shifting back to lock.
By the way FP, why not Holloway to lock, I believe he has played a fair bit of club footy there?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Why not?

He looked good in the NRC.

McDuling, McCauley and Toleafoa are all shithouse.

Hollaway, plays more like David Lyons than Dan Vickerman

Playing lock means more than packing in the second row, it is playing tighter, cleaning out and tackling hard.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I think with Cron rolling in we have a double down on the kiwi focus on fitness, athleticism and workrate

It will be interesting to see who lifts and meets expectations and who plays more SS.

I see Holloway, Toleafoa and Dempsey as units who all need to do more of the essential forwards basics before they can be judged on their "extras"

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
I think with Cron rolling in we have a double down on the kiwi focus on fitness, athleticism and workrate

It will be interesting to see who lifts and meets expectations and who plays more SS.

I see Holloway, Toleafoa and Dempsey as units who all need to do more of the essential forwards basics before they can be judged on their "extras"

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

It remains to be seen how much influence Cron will have first year, but I agree.

I must be the only person who doesn't think Toleafoa is completely shit (outside of whoever contracted him) but I think if he really embraced the inglorious TH lock role he'd go well.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Cron isn't a fan of Dempsey by all reports. Makes things interesting there.

Maybe his coaching will help make Dempsey a more well-rounded player?

He certainly needs to lift his workrate and tight game which is pretty sure what Cron doesn't like about his play.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Maybe his coaching will help make Dempsey a more well-rounded player?

He certainly needs to lift his workrate and tight game which is pretty sure what Cron doesn't like about his play.

As do a load of the Tahs pigs, he isn't alone there

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
FP - Gibson doesn't seem to have imposed the kiwi regime of fitness: or are the fades at he end of the game due to a dodgy bench?

They have, at times, been far better in the second half after dire starts

But yeah fitness and attitude must be improved

Status
Not open for further replies.