• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The membership links all seem to be working for me. A friend signed up for a membership online the other day too.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
The Membership & Ticketing button works
Ahh, yes it does but that section isn't easily visible on a mobile. Need to go through menu. Rather than the large membership button on the front page that doesn't work.
Just poor. Reinforces my impression that they're under resourced/over work and key things slip thro

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
The membership links all seem to be working for me. A friend signed up for a membership online the other day too.

I had issues with the website last year, eventually called and they suggested a solution rather than just singing me up over the phone. I gave up.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
I would think Clark & Newsome, they have the most pace and propensity to having a workrate, Kellaway simply needs to do more every game, and Naiyaravoro needs to do a lot more each game - and probably 10% of his body fat

Agreed, my only concern is that Clark and Newsome are quite similar (and to a lesser extent Kellaway). Naiyaravoro offers a point of difference. I don't generally like carrying wingers on the bench but it is something that can work in Naiyaravoro case.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Agreed, my only concern is that Clark and Newsome are quite similar (and to a lesser extent Kellaway). Naiyaravoro offers a point of difference. I don't generally like carrying wingers on the bench but it is something that can work in Naiyaravoro case.

I have no issue if the "similar" is fast with a high workrate on each edge

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
I'm not sure moving him in closer makes that better. He can clearly get exploited by kicking over him because he is slow to turn around but his one on one tackling is poor. Outside of the occasional big hit he is not a good tackler and gets beaten one on one a fair amount in situations where he is in a perfectly good position to make the tackle.
Yeah take your point, it might sound a bit crackpot but I'm actually thinking defending around the ruck almost as a forward whilst the back rowers cover out wide or everyone shuffles out one. Not sustainable at a national level but I think stranger positioning has been used in Super before and you can probably get away with it. Plus imagine the impact he could have at a defensive ruck, could blow through the opposition if they have limited numbers and create turnovers.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
There seems to be a large gulf between the standard required to be a quality winger at Super and at Shute Shield level. Richie Wolfe scored a heap of tries for Norths thanks to his sheer pace but I don't think he'd be anywhere near defensively capable of taking down a guy like Koroibete. So it seems you get a lot of wingers who are good defenders and of a reasonable size who can do the hard work around the ruck even though they lack any big X factor like size or pace.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
The gulf in standards applies to most positions on the field, stars in the SS can disappear totally without trace when they are elevated to the Soup.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
The gulf in standards applies to most positions on the field, stars in the SS can disappear totally without trace when they are elevated to the Soup.

SImone suffered a bit of that. There was some extremely premature talk of a Wallabies berth for the lad based on his exciting SS form with Norths. Did nothing last year.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
I think part of the reason that he hasn't been able to work out how to use his talent is poor strategy/coaching.

Anyone in a professional program works hard but in all fairness strategy and coaching aren't the reason he perpetually sits 10kg over his ideal playing weight.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Anyone in a professional program works hard but in all fairness strategy and coaching aren't the reason he perpetually sits 10kg over his ideal playing weight.

Clearly has little self control outside a very controlled environment. Came to Glasgow out of shape when he's spent the 8 weeks or so running around for the World XV, we worked very hard to trim him down, then come 2016, wWhen he came straight from Glasgow to the Tahs, there was about 4 weeks between that last game to the first one and he'd looked to have put on at least 10kg in that time, if not 15.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Wherever he stops, it takes some serious intake to pack on 10kg in 4-6 weeks, if indeed he did.

Taqele's record makes me eat humble pie (!) and recant on my usual vociferous opposition to Soup recruits gravitating to Sydney Uni. As much as I am totally aghast at a player like Izzy turning his back on Western Sydney, where he grew up, and played for both opposition codes, it seems to me that this big bloke might have actually benefited from some closer supervision, and maybe a bit more of an intensive training regime.

Not to take anything away from the Two Blues, but, their resources are always going to lag behind those of the millionaire easterly clubs.

No offence to anybody. Happy Chrimble!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.