• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2021

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I'd like to see Harrison at fullback when he is fit again, Maddocks on the wing and give Donaldson some more game time at 10.. the back line has seemed to flow much better with him there imho... he plays much flatter and has earned praise from Matt Burke and Andrew Mehrtens, who are fair judges of back line play. The centre pairing seem to be working well...does Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) replace Newsome to start?. Some would say yes.

Maddocks is out best 15, Harrison & Donaldson will share time @ 10 IMHO

I think the "flow" stuff is as much about Gordon and the pigs doing better, that allows the 10 to play flatter

Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase), hell no - until he can constantly do the basics, like passing with two hands and make better defensive decisions. I hate the one handed hero pass in the middle of contact as the first option for any player

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Does anyone think nswru made a big miss not appointing Darren Coleman instead of Penny. Add this to the history of poor decisions.

Reactions: dru

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Agree with the thinking, but would Darren now be seeking new employment? The issue surely starts at NSWRU.

Hard to imagine. He's just moved his family over to the US (as per an interview he gave leading into the MLR season) only to pack them all back up in the space of 6 months and move back to Australia. Back I will probably be proved wrong. So.

Reactions: dru

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
This doesn't seem like a reasonable comparison to me.

Harrison played less than one half before Izaia Perese got sent off and less than one game before Jake Gordon got injured.

Without doubt those two guys have been the stars of our team in the back end of the season. I'm not willing to suggest that the backline looks better with Donaldson on the basis that we haven't seen Harrison play with them for any reasonable amount of time.
Didn’t Harrison have the whole of last year with Gordon?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Didn’t Harrison have the whole of last year with Gordon?

No. Most the season was with Mitch Short.

Besides. Gordon has been a step up this year than any time previously.

Plus the Waratahs were a chunk better last year than they were this year. They won 4/8 games last year vs zero this year.

Losing Simmons, Hanigan and Hooper has been pretty disastrous for the forward pack.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Plus the Waratahs were a chunk better last year than they were this year. They won 4/8 games last year vs zero this year.

Losing Simmons, Hanigan and Hooper has been pretty disastrous for the forward pack.
Plus the tahs spent a million under the salary cap cf last year...really should anyone expected this tahs would anything but struggle this year

William88

Syd Malcolm (24)
Anyone know what positions Donaldson and Harrison were playing when they were on the field together for the end of the Canes game?

They played all the way through junior rugby together. 10/12/15. I think the best way forward is to find a space for both of them in the term. Harrison for his X factor, Donaldson for his control.