• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2022

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
Sponsorship is good for professional sport. Like it or not, we need it.
I realise sponsorship is extremely important to fund everything...I personally think that hitting up a Stadium every few years with a new name is pushing it... Is Wimbledon.. ‘Rolex Wimbledon’ or MCG, ‘McDonalds Cricket Ground’? The SFS has been ‘Aussie Stadium’, Allianz Stadium’....Will it be now ‘John Holland Stadium’ ?
Ok... I’ll let it go..
I would love also to see a clean slate on the playing strip or more discreet and less...sponsors on the jerseys look crap ... I think the AFL do it better with limited and smaller sponsoring on the players strip....
....and I suppose I can still just refer to the grounds as they are named... I will definitely be at ‘Parramatta Stadium’ for the first Waratah game next year... as long as we don’t have a new covid strain?
Bring on the rugby so I won’t be side tracked on trivial issues!

Last edited:

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
In regard to heading out to Parramatta, if you weren’t in a rush, catching a ferry there from Circular Quay if you are near the city, after a beer or two at the Rocks wouldn’t be a bad way to get out there?

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
In regard to heading out to Parramatta, if you weren’t in a rush, catching a ferry there from Circular Quay if you are near the city, after a beer or two at the Rocks wouldn’t be a bad way to get out there?
We have caught the ferry out a couple of times. It was slow. And the service was dependent on the tides. That was a long time ago, I think the tide problem has been solved. The ferry wharf is a fair hike from the stadium.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Supporting a team isn't always convenient. Christ, we're Tahs fan for god's sake. Suffering and inconvenience is what we do.
I’m a reds fan just living in Tahs territory and I don’t support the Tahs at the best of times, but i enjoy watching live rugby.
I’m not going to spend over 2 hours travelling for that though, unless they’re playing the Reds.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I’m a reds fan just living in Tahs territory and I don’t support the Tahs at the best of times, but i enjoy watching live rugby.
I’m not going to spend over 2 hours travelling for that though, unless they’re playing the Reds.
Hard to argue with that.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Yes. Lived in NSW for 20 years (two stints) and only back in Qld for two years. Did a fair bit of work around Parramatta and quite like the place.
There is still a bit of an historical feel about Parramatta. It used to be an important city.

Reactions: dru

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
EnwMm7K.gif

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
apparently Sama Malolo has been signed by the Tahs. A really good signing this one. From my memory of him at the Spirit and Rebels, he's a quality hooker and still young too.