• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2022

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
People often complain that the SCG/SFS aren't close to a major train station.....
Caught the train down from the beautiful Blue Mountains to watch the cricket last week. Joined the queue at Central for the tram to Moore Park, second stop, station closish to the SCG, piece of piss.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Problem is there's no stadium at Moore Park yet. And I don't count the SCG because that is hopeless for spectators
Won’t be long, due for completion in September

00153602-4332-446B-8288-A456C5590450.jpeg

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)

When the games return to SFS ill be pleased and will attend again.

Parramatta is 1 hour away on the train for me so thats a massive disincentive straight away, secondly yes it has pubs and restaurants, but places like the Parramatta Leagues club aren't exactly cultural icons i enjoy spending my time at, if i go somewhere bit better like the Royal Oak i still have a 1 hour train trip home at the end of the night, or a $80 Uber fair.

Thirdly i'm not a Tahs fan but i do enjoy watching live rugby, but a night out going to watch the Tahs in Parra just doesn't stack up for me.

Jimmyjam

Darby Loudon (17)

Parramatta is 1 hour away on the train for me so thats a massive disincentive straight away, secondly yes it has pubs and restaurants, but places like the Parramatta Leagues club aren't exactly cultural icons i enjoy spending my time at, if i go somewhere bit better like the Royal Oak i still have a 1 hour train trip home at the end of the night, or a $80 Uber fair.

Thirdly i'm not a Tahs fan but i do enjoy watching live rugby, but a night out going to watch the Tahs in Parra just doesn't stack up for me.
Perhaps you should have just made the point that it's too far for you to travel. Fair enough if you just like to go to games you can walk home from with a few pub stop-ins on the way. Would have been more accurate than having a little dig at the Parramatta location for it's lack of venue's that meet your personal preferences.......

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

Like that?

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
A 1hr 10min travel time is excuse enough

Jimmyjam see quote above... i did say travel was an excuse enough well before the lack of quality pubs and restaurants was even mentioned, i don't know why you're getting your knickers in a knot over this. If Parramatta had great pubs and restaurants then maybe i would travel there for the rugby and a night out, but i don't think it does so i won't..

Last edited:

Jimmyjam

Darby Loudon (17)
Jimmyjam see quote above... i did say travel was an excuse enough well before the lack of quality pubs and restaurants was even mentioned, i don't know why you're getting your knickers in a knot over this. If Parramatta had great pubs and restaurants then maybe i would travel there for the rugby and a night out, but i don't think it does so i won't..
Fair enough, but I'd suggest a visit there first to see for yourself, you might be surprised. All you can eat Brazilian steakhouse in Phillip St followed by a stroll to the game with post match review beers at the Royal Oak. You might even come back again.......... ;)

dru

Tim Horan (67)
FWIW it is a 30 min train ride from Central to Parramatta, about a 10 min walk once there or jump on a bus (similar to Roma St to Lang Park). Don't think the light rail is running yet. As others have said the Church St quarter has good restaurants.

I understand reluctance but all in all I think there are decent facilities for a rugby match in Parra.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
FWIW it is a 30 min train ride from Central to Parramatta, about a 10 min walk once there or jump on a bus (similar to Roma St to Lang Park). Don't think the light rail is running yet. As others have said the Church St quarter has good restaurants.

I understand reluctance but all in all I think there are decent facilities for a rugby match in Parra.
I don’t might Bankwest personally as great ground to watch footy and places like the rsl near by which are not bad for feed and drink plus remember other bars nearby frequented after the game which were ok.

Reactions: dru