• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2022

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
i'm all for it watching the force last (?) season, particularly that game where kearney was mic'd up. was great listening to how the guy spoke about the game to the team.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Name player..profile..marketing 101 before gets on the field…limits the downside vs signing another unknown unproven rookie (yeh reg a friendly dig at you as you are old and ugly enough to take it and give back lol)

yes. Jamie Roberts off the bench is going to get those turnstiles spinning.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
According to Wales on line, coming to Oz ostensibly for his wife (Sydney sider) about to give birth to second child.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
yes. Jamie Roberts off the bench is going to get those turnstiles spinning.
Not a Israel Folau moment when joined tahs but will add some appeal for rugby tragics (read increase in crowd attendance by 10% from 3000 to 3300

10% increase in attendance not to be laughed at!!!

fine print; ignore the fact tahs crowds at level of ‘WGAFF’

Last edited:

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Nah, not at all. I need a creative centre outside me as all I've got left is a pass. Doesn't go far but it's all yours.
I can run the 100 in 25 seconds, offer bulk and width to ‘cover’ field position in defence, plus crack a few jokes to build on field team ‘cohesion’ if 50+ points down.

I really need to learn how to better market myself as I should be a ‘lock’ for game day position in the 23 + 1!

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
According to Wales on line, coming to Oz ostensibly for his wife (Sydney sider) about to give birth to second child.
Yeh we got that which bonus for tahs. I don’t know why people think former test players in their early to mid 30s are desperate to join super rugby sides vs superior superannuation options available in Japan and Europe. Oz rugby fans should be grateful for Roberta having a sydney of orgin partner.

ps I am just reiterating the reality of Europe and Japanese (and to lesser extent USA major league rugby) has on competing for talent. It is increasingly bloody tough market to compete for talent hence need for more creative options. Force faced that and recruited more in bulk aged warriors which served them well. Not saying need to recruit as many for tahs but 1 or 2 surely can’t hurt if can find older experienced right talent available. Yeh they might not be their test level strength of past but if they are half as good that is probably still 50% better then some rookie plus with on field experience they bring (anybody listen to Kearney’s on field chat when miked up for force…!!!) plus off field experience in training and team sessions. Time to now close this subject as said enough here.

Last edited:

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I can run the 100 in 25 seconds, offer bulk and width to ‘cover’ field position in defence, plus crack a few jokes to build on field team ‘cohesion’ if 50+ points down.

I really need to learn how to better market myself as I should be a ‘lock’ for game day position in the 23 + 1!

WIth you, with you. I'm sure my "bounce and flop" skills, which are simply automated in the tackle, mean that I could still double at 6 and 7. Well back at the club house anyway. But you know, my "Almost pass" leaves me looking for a centre. Let's team up. Strength in numbers.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
For those planning their matchday drinking sessions

F112C049-919F-4D1B-B773-879A60062543.jpeg

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I thought so too. Thus the Jamie Roberts signing. I guess it's important not to rush his return considering he's been out for so long.

I'd guess it's very much just straight line running at this point.

Would be interesting to know what surgery option he had?

Would be really surprising if he's back before the back end of the Super Rugby season. You'd hope they're really conservative with it because regardless of how good his recovery is and how keen he is to play, if he reinjures it, it would be a hammer blow to his confidence.

Reactions: TSR

Hogie

Herbert Moran (7)
Saw the video of Joey Walton having his first run out for Tahs which is great news. Understand he is still out for season but great to see the progress. News that Mosese Tuipulotu is out for start of season but does anyone have any insight on recovery timelines? Am keen to see how he gets on.