• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2023

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
So not having won the next fixture in 19 attempts it seems pretty likely Tahs are 1/6. Season over? Or can they turn it around in the second half of the season somehow.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Or can they turn it around in the second half of the season somehow.
Tahs Pre-Season:

giphy.webp

Tahs 1st Half Of Season:

200.webp

Tahs 2nd Half Of Season:

200.webp

Doritos Day

Tom Lawton (22)
So not having won the next fixture in 19 attempts it seems pretty likely Tahs are 1/6. Season over? Or can they turn it around in the second half of the season somehow.
Likely only need to win 4-5 games to make finals. Beating Force, Moana, Drua at home probably gets them in.

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
Agreed. Young Jorgenson decided rugby first although NRL wanted him. Now this talk of 1.6 million for a bloke who like you said brushed Souths for the Roosters and now possibly changing to rugby. Talk of playing at fullback for the Waratahs. Sorry Jorgo for your loyalty! Actually I agree with old Derps on this one. Is young Joseph that good? Hasn’t worked out for Vunivalu so far?
Why are u assuming that he will be taking up the spot of full-back?

Alex Ross (28)
Why are u assuming that he will be taking up the spot of full-back?
Also. They have been talking to Jorgenson right through this and have his long term deal typed up already. They are not letting him get away either.

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
Also. They have been talking to Jorgenson right through this and have his long term deal typed up already. They are not letting him get away either.
Heard the same thing and that why would ensure that they would not be fighting over the same position

Alex Ross (28)
Sua'ali'i will play 13 imo, especially if Jorgensen keeps getting better and moves to 15. He’s physical and can pass, still plenty of attacking aerial opportunities at 13 too.

Just a better Reiko Ioane
Ioane is a terrible 13 imo. He should stay on the wing

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
It depends on where his strengths and attributes develop over the next 18months in the NRL, i think he could be waisted a bit at 13 compared to 15. I‘ve always felt that 13 channel is a lot more structured in attack and defence, and someone with his attributes would be better suited to the more unstructured role of 15.

In any case im sure he will start on the wing in the first season to learn the games nuances again anyway

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
I feel like Rugby can put the best team on the field with him at 13. I don't have concerns re defence with him. He has been fine in the NRL in every position and he's a teenager. The benefit he may have at 15 is his ability to take the high ball.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I feel like Rugby can put the best team on the field with him at 13. I don't have concerns re defence with him. He has been fine in the NRL in every position and he's a teenager. The benefit he may have at 15 is his ability to take the high ball.

Full back is his position, precisely because he has the vertical leap. This is a big weapon in attack and defence.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I see little issue with having one at 15 and the other in the 14/15 role, with Mark N (Nawaqanitawase) at 11

the bigger issue is finding centres who can get them the ball in space