• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2023

pnut

Watty Friend (18)
No
I sense a bit of a chip on your shoulder regarding Randwick and Private schools.
No he didn’t play in the u18’s, but he is playing for Waratahs dev team against the Brumbies XV this weekend. So an even bigger endorsement.
not all. Trying to gage what his done that’s all. hasn’t made any serious teams that’s all. Tahs development team isn’t won either especially looking at brumbies line up for a full time contract
As far as randwick selections go. You do the numbers ( tah selections ) vs there GF appearances

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
No

not all. Trying to gage what his done that’s all. hasn’t made any serious teams that’s all. Tahs development team isn’t won either especially looking at brumbies line up for a full time contract
As far as randwick selections go. You do the numbers ( tah selections ) vs there GF appearances
What teams would you like him to have made? He's been the best player in GPS rugby for the past couple of seasons. The best part about him is that he is a fullback and we just don't seem to have many of those. There would have to be an amazaing player in Qld for him not to be the Aust U18 fullback this year.

pnut

Watty Friend (18)
G
What teams would you like him to have made? He's been the best player in GPS rugby for the past couple of seasons. The best part about him is that he is a fullback and we just don't seem to have many of those. There would have to be an amazaing player in Qld for him not to be the Aust U18 fullback this year.
Great looking forward to watching him dominate Shute shield

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Bang on about Fullback. When you look at the Tahs squad and starting backline players (Edmed, Donaldson, Foketi, Perese, Nawaquinatawase, Pietsch, Harrison) No out and out Fullback in those names. In time he'll do well.

He couldn't have done anything more at this stage of his playing. Has been one of the best players on the field every time he's played. He was included in the Aus U20s squad while he's still at school and tbf would have been good enough to be included for the Oceania Comp.

This is a good thing that Rugby has kept talent and NSW was able to keep in state to make it even better. I love how the team is growing with other signings of Bowen, Harrison, Wilson bros, Dowling. I have also been keeping an eye on O'Donnell at Syd Uni who is a genuine 12 with good size who had time in 1st Grade this year but was included in the Tahs trials earlier in the season. Was outstanding with Bowen for View before a knee injury and the Covid shut down.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
how tall is the guy? his dad was lightning quick but not blessed with the height needed to diffuse contestable kicks

Alex Ross (28)
No

Hasn’t made any serious teams???? What serious teams do you suggest he should have made while a schoolboy??
What serious teams had Joe Sua'ali'i made when the NRL snapped him up? But nah. We shouldn’t chase after these guys until they have done 5 years in club rugby. That’s how we improve the Tahs, and the game in Australia…..

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
While it's an advantage to be tall, catching contestable kicks is as much about being able to jump and timing that jump as it is height. Look at Brian To'o in the NRL, only a little bloke but very safe under the high ball.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
how tall is the guy? his dad was lightning quick but not blessed with the height needed to diffuse contestable kicks
Not huge but more than enough. Hard to think of a comparison in Rugby at the moment but physically seems similar to a Billy Slater. His athletic ability makes up for any lack of an inch or 2.

Every chance he's also not fully grown also so I don't think it's a concern

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Not huge but more than enough. Hard to think of a comparison in Rugby at the moment but physically seems similar to a Billy Slater. His athletic ability makes up for any lack of an inch or 2.

Every chance he's also not fully grown also so I don't think it's a concern

Lets just hope he's as good as or a bit better than his dad, lets not compare him to the great FB league has ever produced just yet lol

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Got my membership renewal today, and hit it up. Pity I didn't upgrade before I looked at the seating map - GA in the nose bleeds

Alex Ross (28)
No

Selected for Australia A. Serious enough for you?