• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2023

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
Tah memberships are up and in my opinion they aren't priced too bad. Except for the circle jerk 'Club 1874'

Cant decide between the 2 Game and 4 to be honest but a 2 Game Platinum $167 or Gold $140 doesn't seem too bad for just me. Probably grab a 2 and then if I can bare more games buy a GA and just walk around.

Glad they got a design on the seats at Allianz. Will be looking at them a lot in between scrum resets and TMO interference. (Had to have my negative Rugby jab a post somewhere.)

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I renewed yesterday. Now need to work out how to add new members to our group as we have a few people returning this season. Presumably that will involve our currently allocated seats being moved.

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
Depends how long they hold allocated spots for renewals. You may be able to add them to your current spot.

I am looking forward to the Brumbies game.. Hope they can get the attendance to 25,000 for it.

KentwellCup>ShuteShield

Jimmy Flynn (14)
If we have fit team without injuries, does anyone else think we genuinely win the comp next year? I think our main flaw last year was lack of depth.

Now we with the forward pack and backline shored up with beale, nadolo etc. I think we have a real shot, but we need Perese and Foketi to be fit.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
If we have fit team without injuries, does anyone else think we genuinely win the comp next year? I think our main flaw last year was lack of depth.

Now we with the forward pack and backline shored up with beale, nadolo etc. I think we have a real shot, but we need Perese and Foketi to be fit.
No tight head lock means no IMO.

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
Tahs just missing a Test quality lock or 2, and some prop depth to win the title.
I reckon Prop depth will be fine assuming Bell is back in time and HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) not a huge amount behind. Holz was impressive last year and Lambert sounds like a good pick up. Still have Tauakipulu in the squad as well. With Porecki and Latu the two main Hookers that seems like a good Front Row group. Could all be thrown apart if Bell and HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) injuries take a lot longer than expected.

2nd Row is the issue....still. I'd even love to see Kane Douglas back in there

Alex Ross (28)
Bell has had foot surgery to get on top of it and will miss the spring tour. Hopefully that means he’ll be sorted for Super Rugby next year. HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) I think was going to be touch and go for the start of the season. So might be wait and see on that one.

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
Bell has had foot surgery to get on top of it and will miss the spring tour. Hopefully that means he’ll be sorted for Super Rugby next year. HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) (Harry Johnson-Holmes) I think was going to be touch and go for the start of the season. So might be wait and see on that one.
Still confident in the squad depth and how they should come together once all fit even if it is a few rounds in.

Is Faulkner still with the Tahs?

Could be a chance for a few Shute Shield boys to get some game time at least in the trial games and show they are up to it. I really liked the look of the Sydney Uni Prop from the GF. Can't recall his name (not Talakai)

I know he decided he was done with Professional footy but Rory O'Connor had a great year for the Rats as well.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Still confident in the squad depth and how they should come together once all fit even if it is a few rounds in.

Is Faulkner still with the Tahs?

Could be a chance for a few Shute Shield boys to get some game time at least in the trial games and show they are up to it. I really liked the look of the Sydney Uni Prop from the GF. Can't recall his name (not Talakai)

I know he decided he was done with Professional footy but Rory O'Connor had a great year for the Rats as well.
Lambert was a good pickup at LHP for depth - essentially the 3rd option Behind Bell, Faulkner, probably ahead of 2022 Aus u20 LHP Adrian Brown who is in the Academy.

Waratahs Academy as an U19
Glasgow Warriors Academy & Scotland U20 in 2020
Glasgow Warriors in 2021/22
Released in May 22

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Holloway and Hanigan are fine for Super Rugby level. But if one of them goes down we're in real trouble
I don't think so. I think if you want to win the comp you need a fullblown, heavy bodied lock. The last time we won we had Jackpot, Douglas and Skelton.

Holloway and Hanigan are great but not a locking combo that a title can be built on.

Tah Man

Larry Dwyer (12)
I don't think so. I think if you want to win the comp you need a fullblown, heavy bodied lock. The last time we won we had Jackpot, Douglas and Skelton.

Holloway and Hanigan are great but not a locking combo that a title can be built on.
Fair enough. Hanigan/Holloway certainly no Skelton/Douglas. Interestingly Potgieter very similar in size and playing style to Swinton, if he regains full fitness I'm confident Lachie could fill that role adequately. Hopefully this Seu can play a role as well, looks to have a big enough frame but the journeyman career pre the Tahs doesn't inspire confidence