• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2023

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
They could have been flogged all week with no taper, we don't get told that stuff

Quite likely.

Whatever they did during the week would have been entirely based on it being less than two weeks until they played the Brumbies.

Players that were never going to be involved in this trial but were going to start round 1 would have been running in their positions in training etc.

Marce

Greg Davis (50)
You can do all the F45s and half marathons and gym sessions you want but it doesn't prepare you for having to sprint after getting smacked in the gut then scrum then have your face rubbed in a muddy puddle.

That's pretty accurate unless you contract a S&C coach especialized in rugby who put you to do some Broncos test, scrum workouts, tackle machines and everything else

eastman

Colin Windon (37)
Very concerning. What professional sports team comes out and says they're underdone FOR ROUND ONE... it reads like a third grade subbies approach

I'm surprised the comment hasn't attracted more attention there would be a meltdown if it came from an AFL or NRL side

Geelong are known for having a certain cycle in their training throughout the year where they go through 'easy' and 'hard' periods but they don't come out and announce they're cooked...
I like this forum but sometimes the hysteria like above becomes a bit much.

They are a (generally) professional franchise. At most Coleman would have told S&C that he wanted a heavier squad, S&C would have told him that it would come with trade-offs (ie they would have had to reduce load and some fitness elements would be affected).

It’s not like these guys have not been training.

Marce

Greg Davis (50)

They are a (generally) professional franchise. At most Coleman would have told S&C that he wanted a heavier squad, S&C would have told him that it would come with trade-offs (ie they would have had to reduce load and some fitness elements would be affected).

Apparently, we are surrounded by professional S&C coaches

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

We all know the the Super Rugby season starts out easier and finishes hard so it is realistic that the team would not be at their athletic and physical best months before the final they want to be in and plan to peak in

We see lots of roosters in the early rounds who end up as the feather dusters as usual

Marce

Greg Davis (50)
Angus Bell extends contract to 2027 World Cup. Great news.
Absolutely, mate!
20230221-170443.jpg

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I am pretty comfortable in calling there's no chance of Gamble and Hooper playing together against the Brumbies. Swinton in for Gamble. They might finish together but wouldn't start.

Also Pietsch is definitely out round 1, so either Nadolo or Jorgenson - probably Jorgenson.
Well this is embarrassing!

Reactions: TSR

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Lets hope no injuries in the Centers.

I am surprised by Gamble at 8 with Harris and Gleeson both there... Trying to squeeze as much talent on the field as possible. Is it a match fire with fire with Samu named 8 for the Brums?

Last edited:

Marce

Greg Davis (50)
I've just watched the schedule again. This is the most important game at home in all the season. I hope the lads can match the Brumbies forwards pack

scrans21

Sydney Middleton (9)
I like this from the Waratahs. Playing to their strengths in the backrow with both Gamble and Harris on the bench. Edmed, Jorgensen, Perese & Donaldson gives you enough versatility to play a 6-2 bench. Should be a cracker of a match.

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
It’s going to be good … love to be at the ground but will be away. Brumbies will have the edge but hopefully a loud crowd will pump the Tahs …