• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2023

Caputo

Billy Sheehan (19)
Here is one that just left at end of 2021 Zephaniah Tuinona now in Japan was in Brumbies Academy Fijian heritage and 198 cm and 108kg. Could be one to invest in. Was on radar in 2021 for Aus U20's. Almost a NSW connection played at Queanbeyan Whites.

Last edited:

Alex Ross (28)
Ben Grant with the San Diego Legion?
205cm
118kg
Spent some time with the Force. At only 24, young enough to have some improvement left.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The big thing here is that any recruit at tight head lock can't just be big.

We've got good smaller locks and a big guy isn't going to beat them out just because they're big. We saw that with Whetton who was nowhere near the mark and Cridge who whilst a lot better and a decent overall player still wasn't in our best XV at the end of the season despite fitting the bill size-wise as that tight head lock.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
The big thing here is that any recruit at tight head lock can't just be big.

We've got good smaller locks and a big guy isn't going to beat them out just because they're big. We saw that with Whetton who was nowhere near the mark and Cridge who whilst a lot better and a decent overall player still wasn't in our best XV at the end of the season despite fitting the bill size-wise as that tight head lock.
Le Roux Roets was a big boy....

Tazzmania

Ted Thorn (20)
Ben Grant with the San Diego Legion?
205cm
118kg
Spent some time with the Force. At only 24, young enough to have some improvement left.
Also played for Perth Spirit in the NRC and I think last year he as was also part of the Reds Wider Training Group and / or Development squad.

Hogie

Allen Oxlade (6)
Does anyone know whatever happened to Blake Enever? Was released by Leicester a year ago and I have not seen what he is up to now...

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Does anyone know whatever happened to Blake Enever? Was released by Leicester a year ago and I have not seen what he is up to now...
1656317021299.png

Alex Ross (28)
Nick Frost used to be a beanpole and he got stuck into bulking up to add 15-20kg. If Max Douglas wanted to commit to a similar program he could put the necessary kg’s on.
I think he’s fast and athletic enough that even with the extra heft he’ll still be quite mobile.
If you can’t buy one, make one.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
depends on the severity, but 6-9 months for a torn Achilles isn’t unusual

He has about 7.5 months from injury to the start of the season. So he could certainly miss some time but the Tahs would also be planning that he should be available for next season.

If it takes 9 months I'd say there was some setbacks along the way.