• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Hurricanes Sat 14th May 7.45pm Sydney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
I don’t recall Ryan being a particularly good scrummager.....
Paddy played in a trying time for the Tahs when he was royally mucked around by the coaches. He started as THP and did have some technical difficulties (ask Pfitzy, over-extending on the bind IIRC), but in his last two seasons he was more than competent as a LHP when Robertson made the team. Then Robertson was swapped around and Paddy departed. I can't be buggered looking up old team sheets but I did put up a piece at the time how the coaches made a ballsup of our props, and scrum.

Paddy's what, nearly 50? Prime time for a mature prop. ;)

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I didn't think we'd see Paddy Ryan play but potentially they have to pick him for the last three games to be eligible for the finals. Unlike Ned Hanigan he is a short term injury contract.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hurricanes: Josh Moorby, Julian Savea, Bailyn Sullivan, Jordie Barrett, Salesi Rayasi, Aidan Morgan, Jamie Booth, Ardie Savea (c), Du’Plessis Kirifi, TK Howden, Justin Sangster, James Blackwell, Tyrel Lomax, Asafo Aumua, Xavier Numia. Reserves: Dane Coles, Tevita Mafileo, Owen Franks, Isaia Walker-Leawere, Caleb Delany, Cameron Roigard, Jackson Garden-Bachop, Billy Proctor.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Hurricanes: James Blackwell

Reserves: Isaia Walker-Leawere
200w.gif

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
I didn't think we'd see Paddy Ryan play but potentially they have to pick him for the last three games to be eligible for the finals. Unlike Ned Hanigan he is a short term injury contract.
The late Dan Vickerman was signed to the Waratahs as early as January 2011 and from memory was not allowed to join finals because he only played one match for the Tahs. I don't think signing future contracts counts if they are not current by April. If this is still the case Hanigan is also required to play enough games for finals. https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-...ckerman-to-make-wallabies-20110113-19pfo.html

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
The late Dan Vickerman was signed to the Waratahs as early as January 2011 and from memory was not allowed to join finals because he only played one match for the Tahs. I don't think signing future contracts counts if they are not current by April. If this is still the case Hanigan is also required to play enough games for finals. https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-...ckerman-to-make-wallabies-20110113-19pfo.html
So does this mean Paddy (and Ned) will have to play in all three games or just selected in the 23? If one gets a HIA and has to sit out a game do they then have to miss the finals?

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
So does this mean Paddy (and Ned) will have to play in all three games or just selected in the 23? If one gets a HIA and has to sit out a game do they then have to miss the finals?

There are some rugby administrators down in clubland who would be licking their lips at trying to solve this conundrum, it's their bread and butter, some of them can't figure out what to charge for a meat pie at the canteen, but ask them to qualify a player in limited time and magically it happens.

"How do I get the star fullback who's played 15 games for 1st grade, qualified for 2nd grade with only 3 games to go?....SIMPLE!"

Marce

John Thornett (49)
According Super Rugby Pacific tipping is 19% for Tahs and 81% for Canes lol
20220511_232001.jpg

I think there are too many Kiwis voting

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
There are some rugby administrators down in clubland who would be licking their lips at trying to solve this conundrum, it's their bread and butter, some of them can't figure out what to charge for a meat pie at the canteen, but ask them to qualify a player in limited time and magically it happens.

"How do I get the star fullback who's played 15 games for 1st grade, qualified for 2nd grade with only 3 games to go?....SIMPLE!"
Georgia had it worked out!.
But by christ I seen some dodgy ones. Remember one club who had a fella posting on facebook every week how much he was enjoying playing in another country, then the week he returned he magically appeared for his club in a semi final!;) I honestly thought it was bloody funny, and was a lower level so although his team lost points personally didn't worry me.

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
Donaldson still on the pine. After last week I thought he was a given for this week.
Unfortunately for Edmed and Donaldson, they are both starting 10’s imho, and fighting for that spot... which is great for the Tahs but game time is crucial for both of them to improve... half a game each or less sometimes for one of them is tough.
However the Tahs are on the way up, so I’m sure they’ll both stay put and bring the best out in each other.
Tahs this week, cheered on by a bumper crowd!

Alex Ross (28)
I would think you can get medical jokers in regardless. What if you lose a pile of players the week before finals?

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Unfortunately for Edmed and Donaldson, they are both starting 10’s imho, and fighting for that spot... which is great for the Tahs but game time is crucial for both of them to improve... half a game each or less sometimes for one of them is tough.
However the Tahs are on the way up, so I’m sure they’ll both stay put and bring the best out in each other.
It’s good to have the option of the two.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
I was surprised Edmed was given the starting role again, I'm concerned a young bloke like him might run out of puff mentally after a massive month of footy. Perhaps DC thinks Donaldson is a more flexible bench option.

And welcome back Mahe Vailanu in the 16 jersey, keen to see a few more bullocking runs in the back end of the game.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I'm not surprised Edmed has kept the 10 jersey. He's been excellent. Donaldson hasn't been better to any degree that he should get it straight back now that he's healthy. He hasn't done anything particularly impressive off the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.