• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Reds Rd 18 Sat 13th June 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Was Lotu banned for 4 games or 4 weeks? If Tahs get a week off for finishing in 2nd place, will he be available for the Home Semi Final (4th week missed but only missing three Super Game)? Can next fortnights Shute Shield Game be considered as a game he has missed if it is a 4 game, as opposed 4 week, suspension so he becomes available for the Home Semi Final?

SANZAR bans carry for weeks, not matches. In the first week of the finals, Horne will be available. If we make the second week of the finals, Latu will be available, regardless of whether we play in the first week of the finals.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
SANZAR bans carry for weeks, not matches. In the first week of the finals, Horne will be available. If we make the second week of the finals, Latu will be available, regardless of whether we play in the first week of the finals.

http://www.sanzarrugby.com/superrugby/news/rob-horne-banned-for-three-weeks/
Horne has been suspended from all forms of the game for three weeks up to and including Saturday 20 June 2015.

http://www.sanzarrugby.com/superrugby/news/silatolu-latu-suspended-for-four-weeks/
"[Latu] is accordingly found to have contravened Law 10.4 (j) and is suspended up to and including Saturday 20 June 2015."

http://www.sanzarrugby.com/superrugby/news/will-skelton-suspended-for-two-weeks/
"[Skelton] was found to have contravened Law 10.4 (j) and is suspended up to and including Saturday 6 June 2015."

So, we get Skelton back against the Reds but we don't get Horne or Latu back until second week of finals.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
This one doesn't need over-thinking. Tahs by 35.

I'll be there for the Reds though.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Wow there is some bullshit in this thread. Quite simply their are plenty of Reds that have one last chance to stake a claim at Wallaby selection.

Horwill vs Skelton
Front Row battle
Cooper vs Foley
Hooper vs Gill
Genia vs Phipps

Some of these Reds have a bit of catching up to do which makes it all the more important to perform.

What better way to put your hand up than get over your competitor in front of the Wallaby coach.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Have the ex-reds players started the build up yet?

(I don't expect Phil Waugh & co to have a snipe to Thursday)

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)

Pretty sure a week only counts when there's a game. Could either be a club game, Super Rugby game or a Test game. Hence why weeks count during Super Rugby byes / weeks off in finals - as there's generally a club game they could have played.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
You really don't understand Queenslanders if you think Reds fans will support the Tahs against their own team just to get the coach sacked.. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A mild exaggeration perhaps?

I for one now have many rugby-loving QLders in my rugby circles that are totally and utterly exasperated with QRU board's obvious bias and delusional conduct in supporting RG for far longer than he deserved based upon results (and the type of those results) and what we know the Reds team think of him (which is near-universally negative).

Many believe the entire extended saga will be very bad for QLD rugby as a whole and will take a worryingly long time to recover from, and further could come to jeopardise the commercial recovery of the QRU post 2010.

In recent months many of my rugby mates have absolutely concluded that the only events that would likely bring the QRU board to its senses would be a 2015 season so devastatingly awful with an appalling w-l % that the QRU board simply had no option but finally ditch their beloved 'mate'. Even as late as June 2015, via the creation of the 'independent' HC et al review panel, they are clearly resisting or they wouldn't need any such hastily concocted device.

So, at least amongst those passionate QLD-ers I know, there has been a conscious wish for losses and bad ones so the endless catalogue of trumnpred-up excuses and let-offs trotted out by the QRU media machine via friendly QLD rugby journos would simply end up buried in the Ballymore dust.

The bad loss to the Chiefs was (hopefully) a powerfully driven coffin nail as so often the 'multiple injuries' excuse was presented as a core reason for RG's 2015 failures. Versus the Chiefs even pre-game RG was extolling the merits of 'this is the team I always wanted to put out' and we could not score even a single try and no more than 3 points after beating the Chiefs on every other occasion since 2009, and btw, beating them decisively via displays for fine rugby under Link.

T

TOCC

A mild exaggeration perhaps?

I for one know have many rugby-loving QLders in my rugby circles that are totally and utterly exasperated with QRU board's obvious bias and delusional conduct in supporting RG for far longer than he deserved based upon results (and the type of those results) and what we know the Reds team think of him (which is near-universally negative).

Many believe the entire extended saga will be very bad for QLD rugby as a whole and will take a worryingly long time to recover from, and further could come to jeopardise the commercial recovery of the QRU post 2010.

In recent months many of my rugby mates have absolutely concluded that the only events that would likely bring the QRU board to its senses would be a 2015 season so devastatingly awful with an appalling w-l % that the QRU board simply had no option but finally ditch their beloved 'mate'. Even as late as June 2015, via the creation of the 'independent' HC et al review panel, they are clearly resisting or they wouldn't need any such hastily concocted device.

So, at least amongst those passionate QLD-ers I know, there has been a conscious wish for losses and bad ones so the endless catalogue of trumnpred-up excuses and let-offs trotted out by the QRU media machine via friendly QLD rugby journos would simply end up buried in the Ballymore dust.

The bad loss to the Chiefs was (hopefully) a powerfully driven coffin nail as so often the 'multiple injuries' excuse was presented as a core reason for RG's 2015 failures. Versus the Chiefs even pre-game RG was extolling the merits of 'this is the team I always wanted to put out' and we could not score even a single try and no more than 3 points after beating the Chiefs on every other occasion since 2009, and btw, beating them decisively via displays for fine rugby under Link.

Let's put all bullshit aside and get to the point... Will you or won't you be barracking for the Tahs against the Reds?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Quickest way to deliver the message is to stop attending games
That is exactly what my brother has been telling me all season.

I keep getting texts telling me I am an enabler for the QRU and I should just stop giving them any money.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
That is exactly what my brother has been telling me all season.

I keep getting texts telling me I am an enabler for the QRU and I should just stop giving them any money.
That's some nasty psychological warfare right there! ;)

saulityvi

Syd Malcolm (24)
Pretty sure a week only counts when there's a game. Could either be a club game, Super Rugby game or a Test game. Hence why weeks count during Super Rugby byes / weeks off in finals - as there's generally a club game they could have played.
Its weeks, not games, Skelton will be available next weekend, Horne and Latu second week of finals.

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
Skelton is back this week I am pretty sure? Who will the Tahs drop off the bench Mumm or Chapman or will they play both and drop off a loosie?

Unless they start Potgeiter on the bench and put Dennis at 6 to fit Skelton in?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Skelton is back this week I am pretty sure? Who will the Tahs drop off the bench Mumm or Chapman or will they play both and drop off a loosie?

Unless they start Potgeiter on the bench and put Dennis at 6 to fit Skelton in?

I would imagine 4. Dennis 5. Skelton 6. Potgieter 7. Hooper 8. Palu 19. Chapman 20. Hoiles

No point in playing Mumm again given he can't play in the finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.