• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Reds Rd 18 Sat 13th June 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Mumm may not be able to play for Waratahs in the Finals but I'm tipping that we will see him with Sydney University. They need him. They had about 4 Colts 1 Players playing in their last First Grade match.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Mumm may not be able to play for Waratahs in the Finals but I'm tipping that we will see him with Sydney University. They need him. They had about 4 Colts 1 Players playing in their last First Grade match.

Why wouldn't he? He needs to play if he wants to make the RWC squad.

It's almost an exact mirror of Vickerman's 2011 season. He went on to be the starting lock in the RWC. Not that Mumm is as good as Vickerman but he could make it.

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
I would imagine 4. Dennis 5. Skelton 6. Potgieter 7. Hooper 8. Palu 19. Chapman 20. Hoiles

No point in playing Mumm again given he can't play in the finals.

Having not though about the Mumm qualification point that bench makes sense.

In terms of carrying 6/2 or 5/3 forwards/backs split what do you think is influencing Chieka?

I am not entirely sure why McCutcheon keeps getting a run (was good to see Dempsey get the weekends game). I try not to be bias in making judgement calls but wouldn't it make more sense to have someone like Dempsey who can play 6/7 over Cutch who can only really play 7 at this level?

McKibbin/Betham to finish the bench off. If Chieka really wanted to use Volavola throughout this season it wouldn't have been that hard to make him the third back selection on the bench. Horne may come back into the side in that position though in a few weeks.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I think the Tahs by 2 and Gill to be man of the match.

35-33

Depends how the Reds approach the match.

Do they throw the ball around and try to finsh the season in style? Of do they do whatever it takes to win?

Foley has delivered the blueprint on how to beat the Waratahs, but that style of game won't bring 68 points.:)
(And in general terms, Foley ball is not good for Australian rugby)

I'd like to think the Waratahs will win this, but no doubt the Reds will lift and I expect any win to be hard fought.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Dempsey should become a centre. Too small for 6 too tall for 7 but has the pace to be a very dangerous back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
Wow there is some bullshit in this thread. Quite simply their are plenty of Reds that have one last chance to stake a claim at Wallaby selection.

Horwill vs Skelton
Front Row battle
Cooper vs Foley
Hooper vs Gill
Genia vs Phipps

Some of these Reds have a bit of catching up to do which makes it all the more important to perform.

What better way to put your hand up than get over your competitor in front of the Wallaby coach.

do you really think that one good game at the arse end of the season (or should that be the end of an arse season for the reds) is really going to see horwill or genia into the squad?

T

Train Without a Station

If Cheika is 50/50 about them, then it probably will.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
If Cheika is 50/50 about them,he hasn't watched enough of their games.
If form is the only criteria,neither have played well enough to considered this year.

T

Train Without a Station

How many Reds games have you watched ILTW?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
If Cheika is 50/50 about them,he hasn't watched enough of their games.
If form is the only criteria,neither have played well enough to considered this year.

Form is never the only criteria though.

I certainly see Horwill's performance relative to Dennis' as being important. Both of them are in the mix for the last lock spot.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Loading up the kids and heading down to the big smoke for this one. I'm saving the boys trip for the next game if we're fortunate enough for it to be in Sydney.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Reds forwver - I just couldn't barrack for the Tahs. Too much history for me.

I'd even support the friggin Brumbies over the Tahs and I hate them as well.

The ONLY time I could possibly support Tahs would be in the Final against a NZ or Saffa team

Reds by 12

Status
Not open for further replies.