• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs vs Chiefs Super Rugby Rd 10, Fri 19 April 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
Was about to say that Only the scrum can save the Tahs now. Been the only thing that has worked well in second half then another prop try!

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Youuuuuu beauty, good game. Thought we had duffed it but ecstatic that we came back to take the lollies.

hawktrain

Ted Thorn (20)
Pass to Crawford in the lead up to that last try was about half a metre forward, should've been denied on a TMO review like a Crusaders 'try' was last week.

Chiefs looked flat as a tack for most of that game.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Pass to Crawford in the lead up to that last try was about half a metre forward, should've been denied on a TMO review like a Crusaders 'try' was last week.

link to video? I didn't think so at the time but would need to see it again

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Well done Tahs. Good win - even better that they had to come back and score that last try IMO. Showed good spirit & composure to string it together when the game was there to be won.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It's a little concerning the attack looked nothing like the 1st half attack from 40-70 mins. They switched off again or rather, tried to shut the game down and didn't continue the game plan. You saw how easy they scored when they really needed to in the last 5 mins. Even if we go on a bit of a roll the finals are now out of reach due to lack of bonus points.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Things are coming together. A great first half but lost their way after half time. This is about where I expected them to be by now. I think that Cheika sent the signal that McKibben will start, if fit, for the season - 0 minutes for Lucas.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
I thought that was a massive step forward for the Tahs, although we still have more to do.

The continuity we showed when we broke the line was the real step forward, we've been making these breaks in the past, but they have always broken down with the bad pass, dumb chip kick etc, but a lot of times tonight we went on and capitalised on them.

The second advance was our speed at the breakdown. And finally, just when you thought we were going to let another one get away, they re-discovered their game plan and won it. That shows a team that a) is starting to trust their game plan and b) is starting to believe they do have a right to win games.

Still plenty to work on. The big switch-off in the second half. The Chiefs came out firing, which was always going to happen, and it looked like it took the Tahs by complete surprise. We were often way too slow to respond to the Chiefs counter-attack, and there was still the odd really dumb kick.

Individually, a lot of players stepped up tonight (some of whom really needed to). Folau showed what all the fuss was about, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) was strong, and Foley gets better every week. Hooper showed he wasn't just a flash-in-the-pan last year, Palu was very effective, Kane worked his heart out and Robbo showed he is still the best scrummager in the country against a guy 25kg heavier, and did some good work around the park.

Still a work in progress, but a lot better from the Tahs, well done guys.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
I thought timani's sin binning affected our momentum greatly. We couldnt get on the front foot, plus we had a few mistakes and the chiefs were very disciplined in the second half. I was hoping Lucas would come on to spark us but cheika seems to prefer McKibbon if he is fit. Dennis was good at the end but he needed to get the tahs settled again around the 60th minute mark.

Geez folau is looking good, probably mom for me just as much for his work in defence. He makes things look very easy. For the forwards, I thought Douglas and Robinson were good and hooper had his moments. Kepu seems to be lazy more often than not at the ruck now and is a regular penalty risk.

All in all, probably the best performance by the tahs so far this year but still plenty to work on and the 80 min performance continues to allude us.

lemoen

Ted Fahey (11)

Wasnt the try scored after 2+ phases? I know there was a debate about the phases last week in the Force game

Status
Not open for further replies.