• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Week 7: Blues @ Rebels

How is Beauden gonna fuck the Blues this time?

• spectacularly so

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • less spectacularly so, yet still in a noteworthy fashion

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • he shall engage in activities persuant to the successful completion of a rugby match for the Blues

• he'll be back in the stands where he belongs

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • can we get an option about the Rebels?

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • no

• poll is pole

• imagine if the Crusaders lose to Moana Pasifika lmao

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • how do you do fellow Victorian rugby enthusiasts, why no I have never supported NSW why do you ask?

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Stupid Beauden puts his foot on the dead ball line, meaning the Blues settle for a mere 45-0 win

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
Mate literally nothing we do or don't do on this website will affect how the team performs lol
I never said it would. But when the fans couldn’t care less when their team loses a game by 50 when being up at halftime, it’s hardly an environment conducive to success

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
What because he was injured or just unfit?
he was injured. tough night for the scum, those injuries just meant that there was very little left in the tank. but some of the defensive efforts looked like they were resigned to being pantsed.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Yellow was fine, Hosea was dropping. His injury was his leg so not caused by the high shot.
Should have been a red. Aimed high and hit high. He is 20cm shorter, there wasn’t a dramatic drop from Hosea. He made zero effort to tackle legally

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Look not a great second half, to lose Pone, Mafi, Uelese and Hosea the the Eloff yellow and having to play with 13. You are never going to win games when that happened.

Reiko should have been yellowed for the knock down. Looked clear and obvious at the ground and the fact that they get the ball back and score shouldn’t stop him from getting sent

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
I never said it did…
I personally don’t believe the Rebels would of won because there is a clear talent gap, but without the things I mentioned above, I could easily see this game been more a 30-24 type score where Rebs would of got a bonus point.

Where the Rebels have been that’s a small win for the team progress, nobody turns things around quickly especially in a comp where things aren’t equal not just player resources but financially across different countries, let alone within the countries themselves.

Chatting last year to a kiwi coach that had come over to Aus and work with a Super Rugby team, he was amazed and how big a difference the high performance budgets were between the 2 countries.

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
You lose 4 tight 5 forwards in a game and you are always going to struggle the scrum and line out completely fell apart in the second half
Of course you are going to struggle. The problem is they threw the towel in when it got tough

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
Of course you are going to struggle. The problem is they threw the towel in when it got tough
Conceding 12 points with 13 players on the field, playing 40mins without a hooker and a set piece or kicking out option to go for in the field of play, playing a prop 80mins without rotation, losing your lineout caller and disrupting your backrow and lock rotations isn’t throwing the towel in. Nobody denying who was the better team, but let’s not be arses about people putting their body on the line and at a level where the 1 percenters can be a world of difference they weren’t able to compete on a level playing field because of unfortunate circumstances.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Was interested watching the aftermatch comments and interview from the park. I thought perhaps the panel, and Kevin Foote were a little over the top in thier praise of BB, but then I wasn't at park to see wht he did live. Also Halangahu indiacting the little chip kicks etc in first half are part of game plan.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
No the didn’t the held up try in the 72nd minute was a testament of that.

We were outsiders to begin with and when it all went wrong and we did struggle well kiwi side have that ability to hurt you.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Was interested watching the aftermatch comments and interview from the park. I thought perhaps the panel, and Kevin Foote were a little over the top in thier praise of BB (Berrick Barnes), but then I wasn't at park to see wht he did live. Also Halangahu indiacting the little chip kicks etc in first half are part of game plan.
Flat track bully these days. Stood out in the second half when the Rebels were decimated and playing with reduced numbers.

His goal kicking really was an embarrassment

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
Flat track bully these days. Stood out in the second half when the Rebels were decimated and playing with reduced numbers.

His goal kicking really was an embarrassment
Imagine if Barratt was on song with his conversions? Although people want to see tries and I personally would rather see them increased in value. One man kicking a ball v a team scoring a try. Especially 3 point penalty goals worth more than a half a try. Anyway, that’s another story. Rebels played well first half, but I injuries and basically being not good enough killed them.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Beaugan Barrett has talent, of that there can be no debate.

However, his fabulous career has been built out of pulling off utterly confounding bullshit at an individual level, rather than being a good playmaker for those around him.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
transcript found of the halftime speech delivered by a certain unnamed ex-Auckland Blues assistant coach who just happened to pop into the dressing room:

grahamhenry_zps521dab57.jpg

"What the f**** ***** **** is with this snoozefest plop and plod bullshit? You put 70 on these ******** klutzes last season. You're now down 13-17. Beaudy the yellow and black wuss. Where is he? Would you please stop moussing up your precious hair and get the f*** over here. I know it doesn't feel like it but you are an Auckland Blue, c**t. How about taking on the line, prick? Japan will still be there next year, you absolute poncey lightweight.

"Ofa and Nepo. Two more of the failure faces from RWC 2019. Do you want the latest cantab fatty fast-tracked into the AB setup to take all your choccies home? No. You don't. So put your pants on the right way around, get those skidmarks off your cock and balls and lets get out there and f*** some of these foreign arseholes right in their ugly motherf***ing faces."

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
If the Rebels want to win this one, they need to forget that they are an Aussie side and not shit the bed at some point in the next 40 minutes.
A clear step up from Mafi who was shrugged off in tackles a couple or more times in his short stay. Have seen that occur in earlier games too.

EDIT : should have been in reply to a post by Griffins. Sorry TRB.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Where to begin, enjoyed the first half but I thought the writing was on the wall. Almost non-existent breakdown work, soft to useless D with back peddling the main feature. When your 10 is your best defender you are in deep shit. The second half proved that the best way to get injured is to play the game soft. The forwards need to look at a replay of everything that went wrong and grow some.
Halfway through the second half, I was struggling to watch it.