• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Week 7: Blues @ Rebels

How is Beauden gonna fuck the Blues this time?

• spectacularly so

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • less spectacularly so, yet still in a noteworthy fashion

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • he shall engage in activities persuant to the successful completion of a rugby match for the Blues

• he'll be back in the stands where he belongs

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • can we get an option about the Rebels?

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • no

• poll is pole

• imagine if the Crusaders lose to Moana Pasifika lmao

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • how do you do fellow Victorian rugby enthusiasts, why no I have never supported NSW why do you ask?

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Stupid Beauden puts his foot on the dead ball line, meaning the Blues settle for a mere 45-0 win

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
12 of those 40 points were with 13 men on the field.

Then not having a lineout lead to the opposition having almost 70 percent territory because they couldn’t relieve pressure if they were awarded a penalty. The main line out option also went so the ability to put the opposition line out under pressure went. So that’s both the scrum and lineout essentially becoming uncontested for 1 team and not the other.

This leads to your 9-10-12 essentially having 1 option in attack, which allows the opposition to flatten their defensive line allowing for greater line speed.

I can teach you about the fatigue caused from clearing aspects of your forward rotation in the first half and the disadvantages of holding 3 props in your defensive line, especially in the second half when fatigue kicks in but not sure if some people really want to understand the 1 percenters that define the game. Because they see this as an opportunity to stick the knife in for some strange reason.

Look the reality is the Rebels weren’t really destined to win the game, you’d be a silly man for betting on them even when marginally up at half time. But it’s either ignorance on how the games played or a blind dislike for a team to truly believe at least half those 40 points couldn’t be attributed to the circumstances that conspired. If the reverse had happened and it was the Blues, the Rebels might not have run away with it like the Blues did (that’s just a gulf in class) but the Rebels would of also comfortably won.
Exactly

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
If the reverse had happened and it was the Blues, the Rebels might not have run away with it like the Blues did (that’s just a gulf in class) but the Rebels would of also comfortably won.
giphy.gif

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Anyone have any idea what the numbers were like on FTA? Considering the Storm only got 16k viewers in Melbourne on Thursday night

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
12 of those 40 points were with 13 men on the field.

Then not having a lineout lead to the opposition having almost 70 percent territory because they couldn’t relieve pressure if they were awarded a penalty. The main line out option also went so the ability to put the opposition line out under pressure went. So that’s both the scrum and lineout essentially becoming uncontested for 1 team and not the other.

This leads to your 9-10-12 essentially having 1 option in attack, which allows the opposition to flatten their defensive line allowing for greater line speed.

I can teach you about the fatigue caused from clearing aspects of your forward rotation in the first half and the disadvantages of holding 3 props in your defensive line, especially in the second half when fatigue kicks in but not sure if some people really want to understand the 1 percenters that define the game. Because they see this as an opportunity to stick the knife in for some strange reason.

Look the reality is the Rebels weren’t really destined to win the game, you’d be a silly man for betting on them even when marginally up at half time. But it’s either ignorance on how the games played or a blind dislike for a team to truly believe at least half those 40 points couldn’t be attributed to the circumstances that conspired. If the reverse had happened and it was the Blues, the Rebels might not have run away with it like the Blues did (that’s just a gulf in class) but the Rebels would of also comfortably won.
2nd half territory was 55 to 45. Rebels missing 24 tackles and conceding 18 turnovers might have had something to do with it

But sure, teach me about fatigue. These are professional athletes, but playing 80 minutes oh no that’s a bridge too far

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
It’s getting a bit chicken and egg here. Were the missed tackles, etc due to the upheavals to the pack/set piece? Players not able to adapt to changed roles? Fatigue? Effort? All of the above?
I will agree that a prop should be able to survive playing 80 minutes as a professional athlete.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
2nd half territory was 55 to 45. Rebels missing 24 tackles and conceding 18 turnovers might have had something to do with it

But sure, teach me about fatigue. These are professional athletes, but playing 80 minutes oh no that’s a bridge too far
Take two hookers a two props and a lock out of any team and they aren’t going to win.

Any time they were exiting they could kick it out knowing with Mafi and Uelese out they could win the ball back.

There are so many people here with an agenda

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
It’s getting a bit chicken and egg here. Were the missed tackles, etc due to the upheavals to the pack/set piece? Players not able to adapt to changed roles? Fatigue? Effort? All of the above?
I will agree that a prop should be able to survive playing 80 minutes as a professional athlete.
They should but then you also expect someone who has come on to play the last 20 to be fresher and perform to a higher standard

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
They should but then you also expect someone who has come on to play the last 20 to be fresher and perform to a higher standard
Yes you do expect that. Unfortunately injuries dictated your reserve front row was utilized earlier and in unfamiliar positions. So your starting front row needed to play longer minutes. Personally, as a non supporter, I’m more in the party of these changes affected your cohesion in the second half. Strategy on the fly with a patchwork team is hard enough without having to do it against a team like the Blues. With that, I’ll still say a prop having to play 80 minutes shouldn’t be an excuse. A prop, playing at hooker and throwing in at lineout or a prop packing in wherever Gibbon was is an excuse.

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
If they hadn't been leaking points every other game I'd agree with this. Fact is they have conceded 270 points so far this season. Pretending that isn't a problem wont help matters

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
Take two hookers a two props and a lock out of any team and they aren’t going to win.

Any time they were exiting they could kick it out knowing with Mafi and Uelese out they could win the ball back.

There are so many people here with an agenda
Agenda? Haha what agenda?

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
If they hadn't been leaking points every other game I'd agree with this. Fact is they have conceded 270 points so far this season. Pretending that isn't a problem wont help matters
Yet they have scored the 4th most points.

The amount of points you concede isn’t that relevant. The Tahs have conceded 90 less points yet only won a single game and they can count themselves fortunate to win that because if they played the Drua away in Fiji it’s a completely different story

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Since this is the game thread of their game against the Blues, I was talking about this one instance. As I’m not a Rebels supporter I don’t watch them religiously. What happens in games I haven’t watched I can’t comment on

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
I feel after 10 years of this sort of shit I'm fairly immune to despondency, but I'm still glad I got on the piss for Saturday night. Onwards and sideways I guess!