• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Week 7: Blues @ Rebels

How is Beauden gonna fuck the Blues this time?

• spectacularly so

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • less spectacularly so, yet still in a noteworthy fashion

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • he shall engage in activities persuant to the successful completion of a rugby match for the Blues

• he'll be back in the stands where he belongs

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • can we get an option about the Rebels?

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • no

• poll is pole

• imagine if the Crusaders lose to Moana Pasifika lmao

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • how do you do fellow Victorian rugby enthusiasts, why no I have never supported NSW why do you ask?

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Stupid Beauden puts his foot on the dead ball line, meaning the Blues settle for a mere 45-0 win

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Was interested watching the aftermatch comments and interview from the park. I thought perhaps the panel, and Kevin Foote were a little over the top in thier praise of BB (Berrick Barnes), but then I wasn't at park to see wht he did live. Also Halangahu indiacting the little chip kicks etc in first half are part of game plan.
Yeah, I didn't see Berrick at all:)

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Imagine if Barratt was on song with his conversions? Although people want to see tries and I personally would rather see them increased in value. One man kicking a ball v a team scoring a try. Especially 3 point penalty goals worth more than a half a try. Anyway, that’s another story. Rebels played well first half, but I injuries and basically being not good enough killed them.
Imagine being a professional player for that long and being so hopeless at one of your core skills. Do they not pay him enough to afford to by a tee and a bag of balls? So he can go down to his local oval and put the work in.

Last edited:

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Where to begin, enjoyed the first half but I thought the writing was on the wall. Almost non-existent breakdown work, soft to useless D with back peddling the main feature. When your 10 is your best defender you are in deep shit. The second half proved that the best way to get injured is to play the game soft. The forwards need to look at a replay of everything that went wrong and grow some.
Halfway through the second half, I was struggling to watch it.
The injures Mafi, Uelese and Hosea all came in the first half

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
Imagine being a professional player for that long and being so hopeless at one of your core skills. Do they not pay him enough to afford to by a tee and a bag of balls? So he can go down to his local oval and put the work in.
Yes, but maybe he just concentrates on his main skill. Being a gun! I guess though at the Blues there is no one else who goal kicks. I don’t think he was ever a radar goal kicker though?

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Yes, but maybe he just concentrates on his main skill. Being a gun! I guess though at the Blues there is no one else who goal kicks. I don’t think he was ever a radar goal kicker though?
If he was an Aussie player we would all rip shreds off him for his kicking. To be that poor is unacceptable.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
If he was an Aussie player we would all rip shreds off him for his kicking. To be that poor is unacceptable.
Hate to break it to you, but Quade kicking that well against the South Africans in 2021 was the exception and not the norm. Foley's kicking is a bit better, but his accuracy was shocking compared to the Northern Hemisphere 10's.

'Dependable' kickers have only really appeared in the current generation; Noah, Donaldson, Harrison, Gordon and Lynagh.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Hate to break it to you, but Quade kicking that well against the South Africans in 2021 was the exception and not the norm. Foley's kicking is a bit better, but his accuracy was shocking compared to the Northern Hemisphere 10's.

'Dependable' kickers have only really appeared in the current generation; Noah, Donaldson, Harrison, Gordon and Lynagh.
Yeah but Quade has always copped it for his poor goal kicking. But also now he is investing time on his craft it’s improving.

I have seen better goal kicking in b grade club rugby in Melbourne.

If I was Foster I wouldn’t take Barrett to France. If Richie and DMac are the 10 and 15 do you want Barrett to come off the bench and take the tee when the games on the line? No.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Beauden is the third kicker though? Richie and Jordie are generally the kickers when they're paired with Beauden.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Man I don't know how that worked, I put in BB (Berrick Barnes) and this site makes it Berrick Barnes, so it's not my fault. bloody site, it doesn't happen on any other riugby site.
A while back the admins put translations for the likes of (possibly) Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) and HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes). Note: I didn’t put their full names in. With those names it’s unlikely there’d be multiples, unless someone brings up 90s boy bands on here. So that’s what would’ve happened.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Man I don't know how that worked, I put in BB (Berrick Barnes) and this site makes it Berrick Barnes, so it's not my fault. bloody site, it doesn't happen on any other riugby site.
All good. It's the new auto prompt for when people put player's initials so correct name is included.. looks like the algorithm got confused:)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
All good. It's the new auto prompt for when people put player's initials so correct name is included.. looks like the algorithm got confused:)
Hell it's not end of world anyway mate, I don't really lose sleep when things like that happen, I just figure I must of stuffed something up.

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
Yeah but Quade has always copped it for his poor goal kicking. But also now he is investing time on his craft it’s improving.

I have seen better goal kicking in b grade club rugby in Melbourne.

If I was Foster I wouldn’t take Barrett to France. If Richie and DMac are the 10 and 15 do you want Barrett to come off the bench and take the tee when the games on the line? No.
Well no. If Barratt came off the bench for either Ritchie or McKenzie, then the one who wasn’t subbed would take the kicking? Would he not?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I doubt whether anyone will be selected on how they kicking (or playing) at this stage of season anyway. Though there is every chance that if there was even a team with RMo and Dmac on, the kicker may still be Jordie Barrett.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
As I said the writing was on the wall. So I guess you think those three injuries excused the dreadful last 40?
To an extent yes. A quarter of the points came when it was 15 on 13.

The set piece was absolutely destroyed due to having no hooker line outs, scrums they would always win the ball back so we played without the ball for almost the full 40.

Losing is never good enough, I have a firm belief that this is an area where rugby needs to improve. Why only have two players who can throw into the lineout? Or one player capable of goal kicking?

Playing Aussie rules as well as rugby as a kid Aussie rules they always want you to be versatile be able to play multiple roles. While I get rugby is a vastly different game having some versatile players is something that’s needed

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Rebel Man: Well you have Hodge and there are few more versatile than him. Also thought he, along with Gordon was a couple who could tackle effectively, only the skipper in the pack. Was surprised that Kellaway fell off a few, is he still on the comeback trail?

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Rebel Man: Well you have Hodge and there are few more versatile than him. Also thought he, along with Gordon was a couple who could tackle effectively, only the skipper in the pack. Was surprised that Kellaway fell off a few, is he still on the comeback trail?
Backs are more versatile I agree I am talking about forwards.

Just basic things like throwing into a line out. I don’t expect anyone to be as good as your starting hooker but surely you have some one put some time into that so they can execute if required

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
12 of those 40 points were with 13 men on the field.

Then not having a lineout lead to the opposition having almost 70 percent territory because they couldn’t relieve pressure if they were awarded a penalty. The main line out option also went so the ability to put the opposition line out under pressure went. So that’s both the scrum and lineout essentially becoming uncontested for 1 team and not the other.

This leads to your 9-10-12 essentially having 1 option in attack, which allows the opposition to flatten their defensive line allowing for greater line speed.

I can teach you about the fatigue caused from clearing aspects of your forward rotation in the first half and the disadvantages of holding 3 props in your defensive line, especially in the second half when fatigue kicks in but not sure if some people really want to understand the 1 percenters that define the game. Because they see this as an opportunity to stick the knife in for some strange reason.

Look the reality is the Rebels weren’t really destined to win the game, you’d be a silly man for betting on them even when marginally up at half time. But it’s either ignorance on how the games played or a blind dislike for a team to truly believe at least half those 40 points couldn’t be attributed to the circumstances that conspired. If the reverse had happened and it was the Blues, the Rebels might not have run away with it like the Blues did (that’s just a gulf in class) but the Rebels would of also comfortably won.