• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I shall hold my judgement on the team till after fridays game. I dont think what we saw during the trials will be what we see from the force this year. But may the best Team win on friday and come saturday win or loose i shall still support my team. Come what may.

I will be rushing home striaght after work TV at the house is booked IQ is set let the Games Begin.

M

Moono75

Yeah I don't think the trial form is a true indication. As long as Sharpie, Cummins, Nalaga and Wykes are good to go I think we will be fine. If Wykes misses then Toby Lynn can add some mongrel and get in amongst it.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
just waiting for news on the squad announcments before rejoining the discussion. I am dubbing Friday 24 Feburary as "pound a pony" day hahahahahaa. I guess one of us will be happy Friday evening. I have taken Friday off work to dedicate my full attention to the 2 games (Blues v Crusaders will be good) and reducing the beer stocks in Perth. Go the Force!

I just didn't want this Force thread to sleep first week... I always love this round 1 with the Force guys... it will be good both have something to prove to their loyal fans...

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
My thinking is that we'll go fine in the pack, but the backs still worry me. A carry over problem from last year could well be lack of penetration in the midfield. I hope like hell I'm wrong though.

M

Moono75

My thinking is that we'll go fine in the pack, but the backs still worry me. A carry over problem from last year could well be lack of penetration in the midfield. I hope like hell I'm wrong though.
You'd hope that Cummins has continued his developement. If I recall correctly he was in line for Wallabies selection on a end of season tour but was injured? Teamed with Nalaga on the wing they could be a damaging combination. Cummins can be shifted into the centres if required to provide a bit more penetration. Will Topou has good size and if he makes the transition over from league succesfully he could proove a handful in the centres and be good at taking contact.

SuperGrover

Darby Loudon (17)
I think one of the many problems for the Force backline will be getting the ball to Cummins and Nalaga in space.

I'm not so worried about the penetration in whatever midfield they play, I'm more concerned with the ability of that midfield to distribute and create space when needed.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Have to agree, there seems to be a distinct lack of penetration in the midfield, and as well, a lack of experience in the halves. If however the halves can provide good ball for a flying Nalaga, then we might see things open up for the backs.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Cummins will continue to improve for fine. He is the Honey Badger after all. None tougher.

The midfield will be important in getting the ball to him and Nalaga, who is an absolute jet. It can't just be shuffling the ball across the line though, it must also be hitting gaps and bending the line when necessary.

As far as the halves go, I predict this kiddie Turner will be very good this season if he stays healthy. I got a bit excited when I saw him at the back end of 2010. He is quality.

B

Bucko

What's happening with Lachlan McCaffrey? I haven't seen his name anywhere in any of the trials.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It's another swap I can't understand with the Force/Tahs. We took Metuisela and they got McCaffrey, the other was the Cross/Sidey swap.

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
From Western Force Twitter:

@thewesternforce: Team to take on Brumbies: 1 Cowan 2 Charles 3 Ma'afu 4 Lynn 5 Sharpe 6 Hodgson 7 Pocock 8 McCalman
Team Cont: 9 Sheehan 10 Stannard 11 Nalaga 12 Sidey 13 Stanley 14 Cummins 15 Mafi
Team Cont: Reserves 16 Taione 17 Longbottom 18 Battye 19 Cottrell 20 Turner 21 Seymour 22 Wara

M

Moono75

Team to take on Brumbies:
1 Pek Cowan
2 Nathan Charles
3 Salesi Ma'afu
4 Toby Lynn,
5 Nathan Sharpe
6 Matt Hodgson
7 David Pocock
8 Ben McCalman
9 Brett Sheehan
10 James Stannard
11 Napolioni Nalaga
12 Rory Sidey
13 Winston Stanley
14 Nick Cummins
15 Alfie Mafi

Reserves
16 Elvis Taione,
17 Kieran Longbottom
18 Phoenix Battye
19 Angus Cottrell
20 Justin Turner
21 Ben Seymour
22 Sam Wara

M

Moono75

I knew Wykes was possibly in doubt but whats happened to Cam Shepherd? No sure about Mafi at 15?

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
As far as the halves go, I predict this kiddie Turner will be very good this season if he stays healthy. I got a bit excited when I saw him at the back end of 2010. He is quality.

He was ahead of Nic White in the U20 pecking order before his injury. Fingers crossed the knee injuries haven't taken all the potential away.

SuperGrover

Darby Loudon (17)
M

Moono75

When is Richard Graham's contract up and what do Force fans think of him still?
Not 100% sold on RG but will wait and see how the team goes over the next few games. You wonder sometimes what the Force would be like with a Ewen McKenzie in control. The Brumbies have benefitted from Jake Whites experience, he got a young team up to win their first game, something the Force have never done.

Status
Not open for further replies.